PDA

View Full Version : Car Giving A/C and Starting problem

MDvivek
08-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone I am new here. I have a 95 C220 with 53K miles. The car has been sitting in the garage for about year now. It has only been driven for about a month once and two weeks the second time. It hasent been starting lately. The car cranks but it doesnt start. I am not sure what the problem could be? I have never had a tuneup done on the car. Should I change the Fuel Filter? One more problem is that A/C does not work. I am not sure what went wrong there. Does a car leak Freon when not being driven? If anyone have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks in advance!:)

98_Benzo
08-13-2003, 01:25 PM
When was the last tune up done? When was the last time you drove it? You do know Gasoline Evaporates, right? Sounds more like a dead battery, batteries like to not work if they sit for a long time. Give it a nice jump and keep the car running for awhile. As for the A/C, go get a tune up and have them look at that at the same time. Do you use your A/C when you do drive the car? If it sits there for a long time, the freon will eventually go bad. I had the same problem in my Peugeot, I didn't drive the car for a long time and the A/C didn't work cause I never used it. I would image it just needs to be recharged. Also, welcome to the club!!!