PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Body Shop Recommendations?

BadBoyBenz
08-29-2003, 09:50 AM
Hello everyone,

As a newcomer to this forum, I would just like to say that it's great to find other people just as excited as I am of the w202.

Having said that, I regret that my first post in this forum is to seek help in finding a body shop to repair my damaged car.

I was trying to find parking space in a shopping plaza in san mateo when a truck in front of me backed up into my front driver's side of the car. The impact shattered my headlight and clear blinker and broke a narrow piece of body paneling just below the headlight.

The driver of the truck admitted fault, but now I have to deal with the hassle of filing an insurance claim and finding a place to fix my car.

I performed a search on the forum to see if another thread existed inregards to body shops, but I could find any. I apologize if this is a repeat question, but does anyone know a good body shop in the bay area? AAA recommendedation is is preferred, but not mandatory.

Thanks in advance for your help.

jnolte
08-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Bringing your benz to the body shop really does suck. I took mine in last Monday to fix the rear quarter panel after a truck hit me at 40 and its been in there for 13 days now. I cant stand it. I just wanna drive it and hear the purr of my engine and i wanna do a modd but i can because shes gone. I have all these mods in my head but i can test them becasue shes not here. hope fully soon i will get her back.:(

JRE320
08-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Welcome!!! Sorry to hear about your car. It's really sucks and also hard to find a honest good shop that will do a good job. By all means do not use any of AAA recommendation. They'll just rip off AAA plus will do a lousy job. I tried it once with their recommendation. 1st I encountered a moron prejudiced. I got all approved by AAA and yet he's still giving me a hard time. 2nd an upholstery shop also recommended by AAA. I had my seats reupholstered but instead of putting in the OEM leather they put in their own version of leather seats and bill AAA sky high.
If I were you shop around and if you are from the east bay I would not go near a shop name B.E.A.R. Bay Equipment Auto Repair. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED ALL BAY AREA PIPS!! :mad: A bunch of assholes, motherfuckers, shithead people. They will just mutilate your car so stay away from that shop. ;)

jnolte
08-29-2003, 11:26 AM
poor Jun is pissed, did they rip you off or something??:(

Renn 208
08-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
poor Jun is pissed, did they rip you off or something??:(

Depending on the tone here, my interpretation could go in completely different directions. But for now, I'll say nothing more.

jnolte
08-29-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
Depending on the tone here, my interpretation could go in completely different directions. But for now, I'll say nothing more.

Im not dissin him or anything Jre is the da man. I was just asking him why these people are shit heads that mutilate cars.

Renn 208
08-29-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
Im not dissin him or anything Jre is the da man. I was just asking him why these people are shit heads that mutilate cars.

It's all good, that's what I figured in the first place;)

JRE320
08-29-2003, 02:55 PM
It's a long story..... just gonna give u why I'm pissed at that shop.
I brought my C-class to them to have my Brabus kit painted and installed. I trusted them for they're highly recommended by one of the members. It took them 1 month to finish up my car and a reason why I missed out on Autofest too. After 1 month I saw what they did to my kit and brought it back to them to clean up their act. I gave them another 3 weeks within those time very little had been done and basically they're not gonna do anything.
So I said well since you guys are not planning to do anything about the situation I'll just take my car back home instead of collecting dust at their facility. I went ahead and paid them $1750 something just to get the hell out of the place. I got home and inspected the fit and all my side skirts got 2 freaking screws underneath.One of my door is hanging loose good thing I saw it or else.... Then they also killed my battery as I told them to start the car daily or the battery will be dead in no time. Did they listen to me at all... :rolleyes: :mad: they never treated me as one paying customer. :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

oaktownc43
08-30-2003, 08:21 AM
Hi...Here is a recommendation for a good body shop in Oakland ca. They did body work on my 1992 300Ce and the workmanship was outstanding! Ask for Jim Padilla:
Matsons Autobody and Frame
2130 90th ave
Oakland ca
(510) 568-7558

Hope that this helps...
Phillip
1999 C43

BadBoyBenz
09-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Thanks everyone for their help! Actually, one of my good buddies recommended a place nearby so I'm just gonna take it there and get it over with. Hopefully everything turns out fine and I can focus on mods that improve my car, rather than restoring it!