PDA

View Full Version : Replaced Cabin Filter Today

BenzMeister
08-30-2003, 10:42 AM
I replaced the cabin air filter on my 99 C280 today, it is a straight forward procudure, took about a 1/2 hour. The hardest part of the job was getting the cover back on after i put the new filter in. The cover has sliding plastic gagets that hold the cover in place and you have to get them just so of the cover falls off. When I took the cover off a lot of dried up leaves, dirt and other stuff fell to the floor. I stuck my hand up into the filter holder case but that was clean, the old filter was very dirt, I would say it was the original filter that came with the car. funny on my starmark check list this filter was suppose to be replaced, but there were a few other things that were suppose to be done and weren't. Other then that on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being hardes, I'd rate this DYI a 2, even with a bad back

I would like to thank my good buddy Jeff out on the Vineyard for his precise directions they were a great help.

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND.

PS I still need some advice on wiring rear view mirrors into the turn signals.

bc24
08-30-2003, 05:04 PM
I just got my car not to long ago and it is also a "Starmark." To bad that doesnt mean sh**. I have had to fix so many things on my own it is rediculus. I cant believe how poor of a job they do on the cars. After purchasing the car from the dealer with a "Starmark", I have lost a lot of respect for CHRYSTLER-Benz. I have a list of things that they didnt do. I got so tired of complaining day after day about these things to the salesman that now I just do it on my own. I hate leaving my car with those monkeys. Anyway, kind of off topic, but I just thought I would let you know that I know how you feel.

JRE320
08-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Why don't you take it to another stealership?

bc24
08-31-2003, 01:25 AM
I can, but they will only cover stuff that is under the Starmark warranty. Most of the stuff that I am having problems with is missing parts and stuff that I have to keep on going back to get. I get so tired of them messing with the car that I end up doing it myself. Last time I took it in, they put the front bumper back on incorrectly and I had to do it all over again at home. They said there was nothing they could do to fix it. The thing I hate most about it is the fact that no one at the Stealership really cares!

jnolte
09-23-2003, 12:37 AM
The cabin filter on the pre face lift 202s, is it still un der the glove box?? Is in the flat panel with the 4 bolts on it?