PDA

View Full Version : I am Cursed!!!!

C280 JR
09-03-2003, 09:16 AM
AS some of you already know, i had a check engine light on, and i took the car to service and this is what it said.

TROUBLESHOOTING P00441
The PCM has determined that the purge flow in the evaporative emission control system is incorrect for the current operating conditions.

My mercedes mechanic said the check engine light is on because the car has a air leak somewhere and that is causing the check engine light...the reason for that is because the car is leaking oil from the head gasket....

Well finally i fix my head gasket, (im scared to check out my bill, im pritty sure its going to be HUGEE,cause i also had them fix my water pump cause it broke), and the light is still on..the pull the codes again, and still the same probleem.....

Which means i paid all that money on something that was not needed yet. I mean i rather fix it someother time when money rolls in which im totaly out of at the moment, and do not have to fix this.

THe check engine light is on because it has to do something about emision, and me not passing the emission test if i dont get it fixed, but it has no effect on how the car operates..

and the second problem is, which the computer cannot diagnose is my air leak....the Car always idels on high RPMs, it goes up and down, nonstop..and that is affecting my car....now i have no clue exactly where it is comiung from and they cannot tell either cause the computer cannot diagnose it, which means spend money trying different thigns untill the problem is resolved.

I hate my car right now....i wish i bought a honda:(

Elvir

1SIKBNZ
09-03-2003, 09:32 AM
A honda!!! Ok thats it, your off the island!!!

714guy
09-03-2003, 09:45 AM
hey elvir sorry to hear about the troubles, i am under the same umbrella too and its pouring hard. when it rains it pours. That sucks that you had to shell out all that money and still haven't fixed the problem.

I just fixed one of my problems, misfiring. Now there still that idleing problem which my mechcanic said to check out the throttle body and clean it up, mines filthy. I ll try it out and let you know how it goes.

I would also looking into finding a more competent service place, they should be able to pin point most of the problems with that computer they have, that thing is very smart.

Good luck.

C280 JR
09-03-2003, 09:50 AM
i took the car to a mercedes mechanic...their computers are designed just for the mercedes...and it still did not have anyting come up

Elvir

98_Benzo
09-03-2003, 10:06 AM
i took the car to a mercedes mechanic...their computers are designed just for the mercedes...and it still did not have anyting come up

Was it the actual dealership or was it a place that says they work on Mercedes? From what I was told, correct me if I am wrong someone, but the Mercedes dealership to get you to go to them only, they have a select amount of codes that only show up on their test machine. Now technically, they are supposed to release all codes, but supposedly they didn't that way you go to them and only them. Unfortunately they are more expensive of course and that's why they do that. Good luck with that though!!

Denlasoul
09-03-2003, 10:21 AM
I heard something along those lines as well. Hmmmmm......

C280 JR
09-03-2003, 10:56 AM
omg, im really cursed.....i just went to deposit a check at a bank, and it started raining, and i turned on my slowest wiper and it does not work, i try to use a turning signal it does not work..outside nor it, it does not have any function...why me why

Elvir

jnolte
09-03-2003, 11:18 AM
yes it seems like benzos do have alotta problems. Mine is acting up right now too. I am having idelin gproblems and accelertion problems. Problay the MAS but hwo knows

714guy
09-03-2003, 05:27 PM
i am cursed too, i though my problems were behind me after i fixed the misfiring delima this mourning, but had to bring it back in a few hours later to hve it check, at least $300 so far on that tab. :( some part the resonator flop broke and fell into the intake manifold and things could be even worst. :( :( :( :(

But i guess thats just part of owning a benz, I wouldn't be too sad but its just that i just spend an arm and leg painting my car and I am all tapped out.:( Things always seem to come all at once for me, the good things and the bad.

714guy
09-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by C280 JR

I hate my car right now....i wish i bought a honda:(

Elvir

I dont know if you've owned a fixed up Honda before, Its even worst than our benzo. I've never owned one but always hears shit from my friends about how this and that are always breaking. Seriously they do repairs on average once a month, while i do it maybe once a year. This is excluding regular maintence.

C280 JR
09-03-2003, 06:07 PM
the thing that irritates me the most is the fact that i currently paid off $4,300 of the car, and i paid about $5.5K to fix it..i mean damn, by the time i pay the car off i could have had my self a brand new Acura RSX type-S, or a sligthly lused golf 1.8T preferbly

Elvir

714guy
09-03-2003, 06:11 PM
True but then you'll be just another rice rocket that we all look down on. Dont get me wrong those cars are cool and all just that I want something different.

Alps
09-03-2003, 10:39 PM
i know where u guys are coming from, my tranny is costing me almost £2000 to replace! it comes ata bad time as i am buying a house and it get that next week, so ive got lawers to pay and house costs :(

not looking good!

JRE320
09-04-2003, 01:14 AM
I've mentioned this before as it happen to me on my C-class. After a major tune up my check engine light keep coming on every
single night 1 block from my house. Then will reset it again the following morning then on again that night 1 block away from my place. :mad: :mad: Topline was telling to move 1 block closer so the engine light won't come on. :rolleyes: :D after several testing
they said it's the actuator (throttle) w/c cost me like $1275!!!
after that been replaced, engine light never came back on and
the idle was back to normal again. Nice and smooth. Code also never got pulled from their machine. :( ;) So good luck and be ready for some 911..... :p :( :)

Rocky
09-04-2003, 03:27 AM
check the EGR tube that runs around and under the engine. ity connects intot e block too..make sure that tube isn't blocked at the 90 degree bend and make sure there's no carbon build up at the entrance tot he block. m104's are known to have carbon build up in the egr tube..NOT THE EGR itself. There's an update mercedes part for this tube.

davis449
09-04-2003, 09:44 AM
This thread is making me nervous. I've got about 65K on my 95 right now. What mileage does this major shit start popping up at? I have no hint of a gasket leak, wiring harness problem, or anything major like that. The only things I'm seeing right now are intermittently sqeaking windows, hint of vibration in the steering wheel (probably the bushings going), and slight rattle in the back you can hear when bass hits, and a slightly suspicious tranny.

C280 JR
09-04-2003, 12:45 PM
davis my car is also 95 and i have curently about 63-64K miles...i replaced the headgasket, and countles other parts, that i would have to go to my car and get each report for what i did......i love my car and the fact that nobody has a lowered mercedes on 18 here, other than me, but sometimes it just annoys me, cause i have never in my life experienced these types of problems on a car....i look at my dad and all the cars he owneed.....all of them together could not equal to the amount of times my car was in service...mabye its just bad luck i dont know

Elvir

davis449
09-04-2003, 02:43 PM
Maybe, cause I've not really had any problems with it since I got it. Our biggest fiasco was the aftermarket keyless entry that the dealer put on the car before my dad got it. It was causing the car to do some strange things like not start and radomly unlock and lock the door locks. Crazy stuff, but that's about it.

Denlasoul
09-04-2003, 02:55 PM
Head gaskets are common problems with the M104 engine. Replacing them usually depends on how hard you drive the car. I replaced my 94 C280 gasket after 95K miles.

DLS

JRE320
09-05-2003, 07:31 AM
Davis,
Sooner or later u also gonna encounter the wiring harness. It's one of those things that you should be preparing for and not only that head gasket as well. These are common problem that you be facing down the line. :( ;)

davis449
09-06-2003, 12:45 PM
I'm just praying that it goes out before my Starmark expires!

gr8t1hex
09-06-2003, 03:06 PM
well not to scare anyone but I recently encountered a very expensive string of repairs on my 1995 c36 with 69,000 miles. My wiring harness went out. $1500.00 later the car wouldn't start and it turned out that the bad harness shorted out my ecu. The ecu was a monstrous $3550.00 and I had to wait a month for it. The aftermarket warranty covered $3000.00 of the costs. I got to know my technician pretty good through this ordeal and he hooked me up with a tranny service, belt change and overall tune up. I asked the dealer to pull a repair history on the car and all I can say is HOLY SHIT!!!! This car had everything done to it bye 40,000 miles. I still have 1 year of warranty left and I pray if anything else decides to go it goes this year. But I will say this car is running like a champ and right now i'm debating wether to keep it or sell it and buy a w140 s class coupe 1995 thru 1997.

Zelemont
09-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Seriously, these cars fucking suck. They are peices of shit. And to the guy who said Hondas break down every month,-- First of all, thats not true. Just look at consumer reports reliability rating compared to that of a 1995 C280. Also, my car has major problems about once a month or more, and if the same is true abut Hondas (which it isnt), which do you think costs more to get fixed?

As you can tell I am bitter and I fucking hate mercedes.

Now somebody buy my car off of me.

CKlasse
09-08-2003, 07:25 PM
On the contrary, I am a long time owner of Merc, VW, Acura, and Chevy. I don't go through any of these 'major probs' with any of these cars. The only prob. I ever had within the past 5 years is coil ends with my 02 Passat, bad water pump on the TL, an electrical relay on brake light on the 01 Chevy Express and leaking head gasket on the Merc. As far as the 95 merc, it still has the original MAF/P, wiring harness, tranny, and so on.

Considering how hard I drive my cars, I have been blessed with problem-free cars. Keep in mind that I am one of those people who rolls down his windows simply to listen to the engine, or drives next to the wall to listen if there is anything out of ordinary. I am also a dick when it comes to maintaining my babies to the very specs recommended. In the long run, I never encountered any of these major issues.

It's not what you drive... It's HOW you drive it!