PDA

View Full Version : Buying New MAS

speedybenz
10-03-2003, 08:54 AM
I am buying a new MAS because I have been cleaning mine and getting it to perform better, but I want to see if a new one makes a big difference.

I will post the results once I get the new MAS.

Jeff

GrahamC230K
10-03-2003, 09:18 AM
I'm still confued by this cleaning of MAS sensors.

Do you really see dirt on it?

speedybenz
10-03-2003, 09:46 AM
To clean the sensor you need to remove it from the round balck tube it is bolted to.

Well I don't see any dirt myself more of a dark varnish. I have found that carb cleaner does a pretty good job of removeing the staining and in some cases the perfromance gain is real and noticable. I typically use brake cleaner to wash the carb cleaner off the sensor parts so there is no residue left.

CKlasse
10-03-2003, 10:10 AM
Jeff,

Please email me at kennetong@aol.com. I proposed the headerback system for all C Class racing application to the big man here. I need more details from you regarding the Euro Tuner Racing.

I can only say a 17hour drive to Denver, CO will soon be worthed :)

PS... PNSJI.. are you alive?

J Irwan
10-03-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by speedybenz
I am buying a new MAS because I have been cleaning mine and getting it to perform better, but I want to see if a new one makes a big difference.

I will post the results once I get the new MAS.

Jeff

Jeff,

Based on my experience no matter how clean you have cleaned the MAS, the new one still better..

Regardz,

Denlasoul
10-03-2003, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know if the MAS in our cars have a temperature spike? I read that some MAS heat up to a much higher temperature to burn off the dirt and oils, when you shut the engine off.

DLS

speedybenz
10-03-2003, 07:07 PM
DSL,

I am 99% sure our MAS do not have a hot wire system to burn off debris.

Jeff

Denlasoul
10-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by speedybenz
DSL,

I am 99% sure our MAS do not have a hot wire system to burn off debris.

Jeff

Go Figure. German Technology my ass! ;)