PDA

View Full Version : Oil change needed?

davis449
10-06-2003, 02:51 PM
I've notice that my car kinda shakes a little when I'm at a full stop. It's REAL subtle and you have to pay attention to feel it, but it's there. It's like the engine is misfiring or something, cause it's not a steady shake. The best way to describe it would be to compare it to someone moving the car side to side on the shocks ever so slightly. There are no audible sounds and the RPM's don't fluctuate. I'm getting near my 7500 mile oil change, last one was at 60k. Do you guys think I just need to get the oil changed or something?

jnolte
10-06-2003, 03:22 PM
My car shakes too, but i got my oil change and it still does it. I got my sprk plugs changes, my MAS and suppresors also my coil packs. Idk what it is

GDawgC220
10-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by davis449
I've notice that my car kinda shakes a little when I'm at a full stop. It's REAL subtle and you have to pay attention to feel it, but it's there. It's like the engine is misfiring or something, cause it's not a steady shake. The best way to describe it would be to compare it to someone moving the car side to side on the shocks ever so slightly. There are no audible sounds and the RPM's don't fluctuate. I'm getting near my 7500 mile oil change, last one was at 60k. Do you guys think I just need to get the oil changed or something?

I had this problem...does your RPM needle move up and down a little when the car shakes? I brought it to my dealer and they told me it was a O2 Sensor. They replaced it and hasn't happened since.

-G-

marksbenz
10-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Check your spark plugs and wires.

WeatherMan
10-06-2003, 05:49 PM

davis449
10-07-2003, 09:03 AM
I run good gas and have the oil changed regularly too. I still have a warranty, so if it gets worse I will have them look at it. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has this issue. Other than the slight shake, the car does run great. The tourque curve is smooth all the way up the tach and everything. As I mentioned before, I haven't seen any bounce in the needle at all when it shakes so, who knows? Thanks for your help guys, I will keep an eye on it.

WeatherMan
10-07-2003, 09:32 AM