PDA

View Full Version : vibrations and squeaks and rumbels

hocky
10-13-2003, 03:46 AM
The whole car vibrates while in gear at rest. If I change to N, the vibes go away. Engine mounts or gearing? Its an auto with 194,000kms and only a 4 banger 1799cc 16 valve twin cam. The steering wheel and the floor boards and the seats also vibrate, you can feel it. What have I got here? A "live" car? There are squeaks from my driver's seat belt as it stretches only a wee bit as I move in my seat possibly coming from the panel near my shoulder. There is an off and on light and annoying rattle every now and then in the front dash or engine bay area sounding like a few screws and nuts flying around. Can't find it though! The engine has a loud mechanical grinding sound sounding very cheapie like a diesel. Maybe it was designed to do that? The muffler also has a loud low rumble although its new completely, but the Cat is aftermarket. Help! Do I need to get a new car or a rice car?:mad: :confused:

CKlasse
10-13-2003, 06:21 AM
That's just Engine mount wearing out.

jnolte
10-14-2003, 07:57 AM
Where could i get new engine mounts??/ Do they have to take the whole engine out to change it?>