PDA

View Full Version : C43 STAGE I part II (Bandwith Warning!!)

CKlasse
10-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Finally, the C43 is ready to be put onto test. I will be shipping one full system to Mark aka Tump43 of NYC, and dynotest the other one locally. Given that each of these C43s would have different baseline, we expect different power gains on ea too.

Mark and Jeff, I thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to have this much fun. We didn't expect working on an AMG can be this challenging. The stage I is a result of few different setups ea with different priority. After considering much of the inputs/requests of a few C43 owners, we put the 'ultra low emission' as priority followed by performance and sound.

To the 'all performance' heads out there, no worries, I am looking forward to build a full street legal racing system for Jeffs. Stage II is already in works!

The followings are some images, we've taken. The system is so sweet and emits a deeper tone. Power gain is definitely there, we cannot wait 'til we dyno it. If anyone require details.. I ll be happy to post them here later on. There are so much details I'd love to share. But it's been a long yet satisfying day for me!

Enjoyyyyyyy! :D :D

http://members.aol.com/dacorner96/images/c43_db_stg1.jpg

pnsji
10-15-2003, 12:09 AM
dude...
email me the price of the C36 version ;)

CKlasse
10-15-2003, 07:32 AM
After powder coating....
http://members.aol.com/dacorner96/images/c43black.jpg

Susanto... I lost your emails.. you use too many of them for me to remember LOL. Try me at kennetong@aol.com.

Luwin1026
10-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Looks sweet!!

Might I ask how much the S2000 system costs?

CKlasse
10-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Luwin,

S2000 catback system ...
http://members.aol.com/kennetong/3.gif
http://members.aol.com/kennetong/4.gif

Local retail here is $850.. our resellers sell them for upto $1200. Note how familiar they look with some of the most expensive brand names out there? Wanna guess who they have contract to build their system with? :D

You got mail! :D

speedybenz
10-15-2003, 09:21 AM
CKlasse, Very nice. I look forward to your dyno data and observations after you get to drive the system around a little.

It may take a few miles for the ECU to adapt.

Jeff

Renn 208
10-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Does the powdercoat serve any particular funtion, or is just a style thing?

moedigga
10-15-2003, 10:57 AM
I thought you boys Wu-tanged my ride for a second. With that carolina plate on back. Never seen that guy round here.:D -MOE

speedybenz
10-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Have you noticed any resonace with the new system. I know my setup has some at 1800-2200 rpm. Bugs the wife mostly.

So go out and drive it WFO for a while and get that ECU to adapt, then let us know how it feels.

How much lighter is the new system? The tubing from the two ?Magnaflows, is that 3" diameter?

Jeff

CKlasse
10-15-2003, 11:27 AM
Jeff,

The Turbine in the back basically vacuum the sound out of the exhaust. The pipe is 3" mandrel from the Magnapacks to the Turbine. After half hour test drive, we didnt detect any droning/resonance. We normaly find something like that within the first five minutes.

Renn,

We tend to power coat our prototype system simply to detect any imperfection, ding, dent during the test drive. :)

Regards

pnsji
10-15-2003, 12:32 PM
mang... check your email :D

J Irwan
10-15-2003, 02:19 PM
CKlasse

Have you observed the C36 exhaust system yet..?
Is it possible to get similar mod done..??

If so, how much are we looking at for the exhaust system..???

I might be interested..

Regardz,

kameraguy
10-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Can't wait for the dyno tests to see how much of an improvement this makes :)

CKlasse
10-15-2003, 08:44 PM
http://members.aol.com/kennetong/c43prototype_01.jpg

Just a better comparison picture. The new system weights in at 67LBS -- extremely light compare to the OEM. The bottom picture is just a teaser for those who wants to get rid of his/er rear cats and put X pipe in place - All performance setup.

http://members.aol.com/kennetong/tips.jpg

Which one do you think look best? The bigger OEM style is still the best IMHO.

Susanto & J Irwan,

We are building this system with Jeff's Eurotuner Challenge in mind. I am not sure if BMS can put in the R&D, resources, and time to build a system for another small market. However, if you can gather few people who are interested in the C36 system, I might be able to sell the blue sky to the big man here.

In any case, it would have to be next month, since we are preparing for a big annual show off at the Denver Convention Center. Meanwhile, email me exactly want you want to see.

Kameraguy, stay tune! :)

Regards :D

Tump43
10-17-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm beyond excited!! I was just at my indy shop today and they are in the process of installing my BMS Racing Stage I custom exhaust. It will be ready this Monday -- I can hardly wait.

It would have been done sooner but the StealerShip messed up and neglected to return my rear muffler hangers after they removed my muffler before I had my C43 towed to the indy shop. (Custom exhaust was "necessitated" by a nasty rock cracking my one of my OE cat's and thereby clogging the whole system). (The StealerShip also violently twisted one set of O2 sensor wires that also needs to be fixed).

The BMS exhaust looks fantastic -- especially the turbine muffler.

CKlasse expects a gain of 15 to 20 hp depending upon other variables, such as the vehicle's state of tune, maintanence and upgrades, etc.

Can't wait to listen to the new exhaust, dyno the car and post the results.

'till next week ...

98c43amg
10-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Marc,
Can't wait!
:cool:
l8r,
Steve

98c43amg
10-19-2003, 11:22 AM
CKlasse,

[off-topic]
That picture of the W202 in your signature is really hot looking. What body kit is that and how much did you lower the car? Do you have a link to more pictures of the car anywhere? I'd love to drool over it in higher res. :p ...might decide to change my C43's body kit.

Also, if you get a chance, I took you up on your offer about some recommendations on Jeep exhaust, on your original C43 Stage I thread. If you get a chance could you respond to what exhaust brand you'd recommed? (at the bottom of the first page of
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1683&perpage=15&pagenumber=1 )
Thanx much,
Steve

CKlasse
10-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Steve,

Argh..whats wrong with your C43 kit. It's built perfectly for the C Klasse. The picts on the siggy are of my very own project C220 which spends most of its time on the lift being work on. I am almost done rebuilding the head and will install the turbo soon. The car has a Rieger Kit on. But lately, I have been daydreaming of owning a C43 instead. hmmmm....

I ll respond your post on the other thread now.

Ken

98c43amg
10-20-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by CKlasse
Steve,

Argh..whats wrong with your C43 kit. It's built perfectly for the C Klasse.

The Rieger Kit seems to look a lot more "meaty" as it's lower to the ground and side sills have more contour as well.

I found the RIEGER catalog on a Website of a Canadian seller. ...niiiiice.
:)

Your car just got me thinking.

CKlasse
10-20-2003, 06:43 PM
It'll require a non amg bumpers to install the Rieger Kit. If you are stubborn enough to go for this setup.. I ll take your C43 kits! :D :D

MrSpace
10-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 98c43amg
The Rieger Kit seems to look a lot more "meaty" as it's lower to the ground and side sills have more contour as well.

I found the RIEGER catalog on a Website of a Canadian seller. ...niiiiice.
:)

Your car just got me thinking.

the best prices are from rpi-equipped.com

http://www.rpi-equipped.com/

It's in Vancouver, everybody gets theirs there

Etienne

98c43amg
10-22-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Tump43
I'm beyond excited!! I was just at my indy shop today and they are in the process of installing my BMS Racing Stage I custom exhaust. It will be ready this Monday -- I can hardly wait.

Marc,
How goes it?!
:D

98c43amg
10-22-2003, 06:31 AM
It'll require a non amg bumpers to install the Rieger Kit. If you are stubborn enough to go for this setup.. I ll take your C43 kits! :D :D

...well, as you put it that way, I'd be a clod to go 'head and do it then now wouldn't I...
:p

Regarding this C43 Stage I kit. I've seen prices mentioned for the S2000 exhaust, but not this project. Will you post it to this board? If not, can you send me an e-mail with the details?

Also, I replied on the other thread regarding the "quality" of some of the workmanship I've experienced.

Best Regards,
Steve

CKlasse
10-22-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by 98c43amg
Marc,
How goes it?!

WARNING, stage I exhaust system for C43 has certain side effects.

I regret to inform you that Marc at this point is beyond any human adrenaline limit. In fact, he had not returned since the first Test Drive on Monday morning in the NYC.

He was spotted along the I-95 in Richmond and later in Raleigh creating havoc among the M3 community. So far, all attempts to contact him had failed. We are hoping eventually he will run out of gas and then we will be able to convince him to that it is ok to let go the wheel -- One finger at a time. :D :D :D

Marc you are having too much fun ?? Talk to us! :cool:

Tump43
10-22-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm definately having a blast with my new BMS Stage I exhaust system. My sedate Benz now sounds like a powerful V8. At high rpm's, especially those beyond 3,000, the car sounds great with a growl and a whine (the turbine muffler). A little louder than normal but not terribly so. Starting the car is a true pleasure -- the idle note fantastic. However, accelerating from 0 to 60 mph or accelerating anywhere between 1,500 and 2,200 rpm the new exhaust makes a rather loud resonance (sonic boom) inside the car. I do not believe that this is heard outside the car, no heads turn when I pass by between those rpms. CKlasse and I are currently thinking about a solution to this, if necessary. Apparently, the computer takes about 2 weeks to adapt automatically to the new exhaust system and it will take the exhaust system itself a few hundred miles to settle in, after which, the internal sonic boom may dissapear.

But now, on to the important stuff. The improvement in acceleration is simply incredible!! My "new" C43 moves from 60 or 80 mph to 120 mph so quickly and so effortlessly that I believe it could kill a vette at those speeds (I lost a previous race with a new vette at around 110 mph before any mod's were done to my car). The real improvement in driving around town is felt at 3,000 rpm and above. When I keep the car in third gear on back roads (which I am now inclined to do all the time) the acceleration is so increadible that the car seems to move at light speed with no appreciable strain on the engine. It's more than a blast to drive that C very fast.

Don't get me wrong about the sound though. A few of my friends love the low rpm boom and think the car sounds great -- like a muscle car V8. I, however, want a little less noise in the car at low rpm (I am an attorney, was recently married and don't want to freak out my clients, or my wife). I don't know yet, whether I am willing to sacrafice any speed improvements to quiet the car down. I had my audio guy look at the trunk/rear seat area and we are going to cover both those areas in dyno mat. This may make the difference I want and also, as the sytem breaks in, the exhaust may quiet down.

I now have to control myself enough not to get any more speeding tickets -- my insurance is already out of hand -- but it will certainly be very hard to do with this car.

Currently, I'm waiting for SpeedyBenz's rear control arms and I believe, front control arms and possibly, poly urethane bushings (Denlasoul is working on those as well). I should also be installing Speedy's braking system when my wallet recovers. The C43 is a very "tuneable" car -- and so far, the biggest improvement I have ever experienced in any of the car's I've modded and suped has been in my C after installing CKlasse's exhaust system. What an improvement!

I'll post later with an update on noise and improvements in accleration -- I'm told the car will be even faster (gasp) once the computer adapts.

CKlasse
10-23-2003, 07:09 AM
I am glad you like your new exhaust Marc. We should have the official hp.trq by this weekend. From the two C43, I think we know what to do with Jeff's C43. If HPS really jumps into this, we might see the fastest C43 on this planet! :)

98c43amg
10-23-2003, 10:01 AM
If HPS really jumps into this, we might see the fastest C43 on this planet! :)

Yup! "... remember that the best supercharged engines begin with efficient normally aspirated engines..."
:glass:

knemeth
10-23-2003, 12:07 PM
I have been watching this post with great curiosity. As we all know there is not much out there for the C43 in terms of tuning, short of a $12,000 supercharger. One question I have is, what is the cost of this exhaust system? Have you gotten the after dyno results yet? Thanks.

CKlasse
10-24-2003, 10:46 AM
It's official: The stage I untraps 22HP at peak! ... working on the stage II for jeff's setup now.

email me for any questions/inquiries, Kennetong@aol.com

714guy
10-24-2003, 10:51 AM
It's official: The stage I untraps 22HP at peak! ... working on the stage II for jeff's setup now.

Thats like woah, crazy gains, is that dyno results to the wheel power

J Irwan
10-24-2003, 11:43 AM

holy shiet.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

that's awesome, are also looking at similar gains for C36's..

Do you have any customer at all with C36's..

Damn at times like this I wish I live near by... :(
so I can have my car a guinea pig.. :D

Excellent job mang..http://www.club202.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.club202.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.club202.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Regardz,

98c43amg
10-24-2003, 11:45 AM

Is that at the wheel or interpolated as crank hp increase, based on some multiplier times the "@ the wheel" values?

Also, wondering if you can state the at the wheel gains to the torque over the RPM range from about 2K to redline? As I'm a hobbiest in "automotive performance simulation", focusing on my C43, I'd like to throw these numbers into my spreadsheet. All my derivations in performance rely on the torque curve.

Great news though. Congrats!
:cool:

CKlasse
10-24-2003, 12:45 PM
I have a lot of raw datas. Give me 'til early part of next week, to put everything online. Meanwhile, here is a lil peek into it.
Out of multiple dyno runs on two C43s, the gains are anywhere from 17hp -25hp at rear(adjusted for sea level). I am trying to arrange to have Marc's C43 to be dyno'ed in NYC. Out of the three C43s with this system, I think he would be the best candidate having the car in a better condition and also being at the sea level.

Thanks for your patient.. Keep the emails coming! I am so close convincing these guys that there ARE plenty of interests in AMG aftermarket!

Meanwhile, have great weekend! :)

PS.. C36 is possible, perhaps next month? :)

98c43amg
10-24-2003, 08:05 PM
I have a lot of raw datas. Give me 'til early part of next week, ... the gains are anywhere from 17hp -25hp at rear(adjusted for sea level)

Thanx for the reply and no hurry.

The adjustment for sea level I have no issues with, as accounting for a "standard day" is a very proven and quantifiable adjustment that's related to real-world atmospheric conditions.

It's when I see multipliers of say 1.26 being applied to wheel HP readings to interpolate crankshaft HP before the automatic tranni, that I have to bite my tongue and avoid yelling at the top of my lungs. I've given up trying to teach people tranni and drivetrain parasitic losses are basically constant whether the engine's producing 200hp or 1000 hp ...

OK, so it works if you have a 200hp measured @ the wheels ... then ok, maybe you have something like 250 @ the crank.

But people actually try to tell you, me, everyone -- in blindly using that multiplier regardless of context -- that if a car's measured at say 1000hp @ the wheels, that it's 1260hp @ the crank before the tranni ... 'cus they got that X1.26 multiplier to get them to crank HP.

...err... NO! :ermm: ...some people's kids ... geez!

<grin>

Anyway, sorry, ;)
[general rant off!]

J Irwan
10-24-2003, 08:39 PM
I have a lot of raw datas. Give me 'til early part of next week, to put everything online. Meanwhile, here is a lil peek into it.
Out of multiple dyno runs on two C43s, the gains are anywhere from 17hp -25hp at rear(adjusted for sea level). I am trying to arrange to have Marc's C43 to be dyno'ed in NYC. Out of the three C43s with this system, I think he would be the best candidate having the car in a better condition and also being at the sea level.

Thanks for your patient.. Keep the emails coming! I am so close convincing these guys that there ARE plenty of interests in AMG aftermarket!

Meanwhile, have great weekend! :)

PS.. C36 is possible, perhaps next month? :)

yeah man keep us posted on C36 ;)
since there couple of us here with C36's :)

BTW ken, about the exhaust on Marc;s C43 , does it has Hi-Flo cat or X-pipe
What is the pro and con on having X-pipe as opposed to hi-flo cat in place..?

Regardz,

CKlasse
10-24-2003, 09:39 PM
98c43amg,

Crank hp is mostly for tranny slippage calculation and lately used as marketing tool (whatever it takes to increase the hp number I guess!!).

I put in 1.12 factor into the altitude adjustment which means 2hp on top of the actual average readings. Here is a useful link for temp/pressure/altitude adjustment calculator: http://www.csgnetwork.com/relhumhpcalc.html :)

J Irwan,

X-force pipe actually increases velocity of the flow and even balance it out. Although, we do not use it on Marc's system, I include the X in the pict simply to tease Jeff. We actually put an X force in front of the cats instead of in place of it on one of the three systems. It happens to have the best dyno result too :) It's a bit louder than we expected though.

Now..what am i doing here at 11:30pm on Friday nite??? sheeshhh.. need a life!

98c43amg
10-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Here is a useful link for temp/pressure/altitude adjustment calculator: http://www.csgnetwork.com/relhumhpcalc.html :)

Thanx. Ya, I've had that site bookmarked for while now.
;)
I found it when I was looking for formulas to create my C43 perfomance simulator spreadsheet.

Three Point 6
10-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by J Irwan
yeah man keep us posted on C36 ;)
since there couple of us here with C36's :)

CKlasse,

Correction, There are a 'few' of us! If I dont sell my C36 soon I will be interested (along with Jeffs rear arms)

do you know about this stainless header for C36 from Bekkers?? Linky below........Your exhaust with a nice header..Hummnnn

http://www.bekkers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BI&Product_Code=BICM104&Category_Code=mheaderexhaust

That $1,500 price is kinda scary & if you could build a cheaper alternative than I'd think you could make some $$??

CKlasse
10-27-2003, 06:25 AM
I was hoping the C36 has the same exhaust system as the C280 - but nope.. at least according to the diagram on the ALLDATA. I ll try to locate C36 sometimes next week to play with. :)

Tump43
10-28-2003, 11:45 AM
My new BMS Stage I Exhaust is quieting down some. The sonic boom is now just a low resonance that happens between 1500 rmp and 2000 rpm on hard acceleration only. (Diff. from stock, of course, but not annoying). Perhaps the computer is adapting or the Magnaflow resonators are adjusting to the correct frequency, or even, I'm adapting. Sometimes the sound seems to come from the rear muffler and sometimes, but infrequently, the sound seems to come from the front cat's.

Overall the improvement is absolutely fantastic! When my wife is with me I cannot push the car to its new limits but will report back as soon as I can get her occupied with a new project and I can drive without her verbal rev. limiter (much stricter than the AMG rev. limiter).

CKlasse, have you found a place for me to take our new C43 for a dyno test? Let me know.

Tump43
11-06-2003, 12:23 PM
OK it's official, after three weeks on my car, the system sounds incredible. It makes a deep pleasant roar with acceleration and nothing offensive. The excessive noises go away after about 2,000 to 3,000 miles due to carbon build up inside the new exhaust. While the BMS exhaust does not reproduce the stock exhaust note, it certainly does make your V8 sound like the powerful V8 it is.

I've not yet dyno'd my car but have noticed an immediate huge improvement in acceleartion at all speeds above 3,000 rpm and an incredible improvement in acceleration from 80 mph to 120 mph ... (I've not yet gone faster than 140 mph in my car). The noticed improvement is definately as good or better than the 18 to 22 hp gain noticed by CKlasse after dyno'ing the BMS exquipped C43 in Denver.

A great value for the buck. Next step -- a supercharger!

CKlasse: How you doing building a supercharger for the C43? I can barely wait.

speedybenz
11-06-2003, 01:45 PM
Marc,

Thats great I can't wait to install the exhaust on my C43. I just need to get off my butt and get mine dyno'ed now.

Jeff

Denlasoul
11-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by speedybenz
I just need to get off my butt and get mine dyno'ed now.

Jeff

I've been saying that for awhile now. Please keep me posted, as I am interested in the results.

CKlasse
11-06-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by speedybenz
Marc,

Thats great I can't wait to install the exhaust on my C43. I just need to get off my butt and get mine dyno'ed now.

Jeff

I got more results for you too Jeff. BTW, are you getting baseline dyno? or after?

speedybenz
11-06-2003, 03:05 PM
I would like to get a baseline dyno done now to compare with the dyno after I install your system.

I pretty sure my car is running about as good as it's going to right now for what I have in it.

Jeff

J Irwan
11-07-2003, 07:34 AM
Marc,

I'd like to see your new exhaust on your car..

so take some pic dude.. :) :D

I am sure many of us are curious too :D

Regardz,

CKlasse
11-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Unfortunately, we are having an issue taking the picture. Marc's car is faster than the camera's shutter speed..! :)

Tump43
11-07-2003, 12:16 PM
OK --

I'll bring the digital camera to the shop on Monday when my mechanic installs Speedy's adjustable rear camber arms and take some photo's then. Unfortunately, my digi camera sucks. It can only hold 8 pictures -- I definately need a new one.

Tump43
11-11-2003, 02:58 PM
I've got pictures -- I do not have a server -- someone please let me know how to post pictures here.

If these pictures need to be hosted somewhere else, I could email all the pic's to whomever can host them.

Thanks

Renn 208
11-11-2003, 03:03 PM
just send them to me and I'll give you the urls

CKlasse
11-11-2003, 03:32 PM
You can also send them to me! :D.

Tump43
11-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Thanks guys! Please email me your actual email address so I can send the pic's to you as an attachment.

I can not attach any pic's to a club202 email.

Thanks

CKlasse
11-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Kennetong@aol.com

BTW... do you have picts of your burl arm rest and door pull? Are these OEM item for w202? Thanks in advance

Tump43
11-12-2003, 05:30 AM
Ken:

I've sent you and Renn 208 pictures of the whole car such as they are. The extra burl wood is included and can be purchased for 202's from Performance Products.

When I get a proper digi camera I will resubmit much better pictures of the car.

Marc

CKlasse
11-12-2003, 07:23 AM
Here are Marc's C43....

Sporting new rims...
http://www.jonestuning.com/c43_marc/C43_NewWheels4.jpg

The exhaust...
http://www.jonestuning.com/c43_marc/Exhaust002.jpg
http://www.jonestuning.com/c43_marc/Exhaust003.jpg
http://www.jonestuning.com/c43_marc/Exhaust004.jpg
http://www.jonestuning.com/c43_marc/Exhaust005.jpg

What happened to the magnapac resonator, Marc? Are you scrapping?

Thanks for the picts.

J Irwan
11-12-2003, 07:29 AM
nice..

any pic of the exhaus tip from Behing when the car not is on the lift.... ;)

Regardz,

CKlasse
11-12-2003, 07:41 AM
I dont have one from the higher angle... but this should give you some ideas...... :D

HTTP://www.jonestuning.com/c43_marc/temp.jpg

Tump43
11-12-2003, 12:35 PM
CKlasse:

Thanks for posting the pic's of my car. I believe that I've scraped the magnapac's slightly when driving over the large pothole I've not yet fixed at the end of my white gravel driveway. The torque of the C43 digs a big hole at the end of the drive way every time I launch onto the road in front of my house. (I will install a concrete or Belgium Block apron at some point).

BenzoAMGpower
11-19-2003, 08:48 PM
OK, after reading this thread and drooling all over my keyboard....I am definately interested in that C43 Exhaust system. My only question is what happens after the ECU adapts? Will I lose the HP that I freed up or gained from the exhaust? Ken, I will definately be getting in touch with you via Email or AIM.

CKlasse
11-20-2003, 09:05 AM
kennetong is the AIM. Looking forward to talk to you :)

Denlasoul
11-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Ken:

Do you also make headers? Has this been considered for the C43 application?

DLS

CKlasse
11-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Den,

The turbine system creates vacuum in the back which almost makes the header unnecessary. The hp gained in header vs $ investment is not worthed. I also would like to stay away from the O2S and pre-cat stuffs to avoid voiding warranty. ;)

Ken

Eurosport
11-29-2003, 06:22 PM
OEM AMG exhaust tips from the c43 can they still be used instead of the new ones on that system?

CKlasse
11-29-2003, 06:31 PM
I have to look into it. I suppose I can always cut and reweld them on.

BenzoAMGpower
12-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Ken, I faxed all my company info to you guys a while ago. Have you received it yet?

CKlasse
12-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Yes, I did. I am sorry I havent got back to you. I ll call you tomorrow afternoon.

How was your thanksgiving?

Ken :)

BenzoAMGpower
12-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Pretty good thanx, I just finished up the remainder of the turkey this morning... how was yours?

CKlasse
12-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Mine was great... it was one good peking duck!!

coolcarlskic43
05-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Hey guys I need a new exhaust ASAP for my 98 C43.It literally fell apart behind the big resonatr while the pipe is there just hanging. Its amazing how loud and how much power the car has gained though! Please get in touch Cklasse(Ken) or Marc. coolcarlski@yahoo.com 347-489-9644 Thanx!!

coolcarlskic43
05-11-2004, 04:37 PM
kennetong is the AIM. Looking forward to talk to you :) Kenny I forgot the shop #! Can you post it?Again.

coolcarlskic43
05-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Hi Kenn, Dying to see the pics of the exhaust and the pics of the two project vehicles you did in the past.C36 and C43

coolcarlskic43
05-24-2004, 03:59 PM
http://members.aol.com/kennetong/c43prototype_01.jpg

Just a better comparison picture. The new system weights in at 67LBS -- extremely light compare to the OEM. The bottom picture is just a teaser for those who wants to get rid of his/er rear cats and put X pipe in place - All performance setup.

http://members.aol.com/kennetong/tips.jpg

Which one do you think look best? The bigger OEM style is still the best IMHO.

Susanto & J Irwan,

We are building this system with Jeff's Eurotuner Challenge in mind. I am not sure if BMS can put in the R&D, resources, and time to build a system for another small market. However, if you can gather few people who are interested in the C36 system, I might be able to sell the blue sky to the big man here.

In any case, it would have to be next month, since we are preparing for a big annual show off at the Denver Convention Center. Meanwhile, email me exactly want you want to see.

Kameraguy, stay tune! :)

Regards :D Oh how I wishI could get the dual tips LOL But Iguess the single would have to do!:rolleyes:

SLAMMED_C
05-24-2004, 04:14 PM
I was wondering if you had any full systems for a 99 C230 Kompressor?? I had a cat back system made a year and a half ago, cat back no resonator and a magnaflow muffler.. I was wondering if you had any full systems with high flow cats.. all mandrel bent tubing and no resonator of course.. with something like a magnaflow muffler on it like I have now.. I like the shape and look of my muffler.
and would a header help at all??

ricerokets4life
05-30-2004, 07:28 PM
does the c280 with the v6 have a similar exhaust setup as a C43 or is it just a single pipe w/ cat, resonators, muffler, all the way down from the headers?

CKlasse
05-31-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by ricerokets4life
does the c280 with the v6 have a similar exhaust setup as a C43 or is it just a single pipe w/ cat, resonators, muffler, all the way down from the headers?

C280 has dual into single and restrive y into dual and back into single... yeah talk about being too restrictive and complicated!

M104-AMG
06-28-2004, 07:55 PM
Any word on a C36 system ?

I really think the existing setup is way too restrictive.

I'm in Florida, and would like to have a street & race setup, either both without CATS if it makes an improvement, or street with resonator & rear muffler, race with straight pipes, or something else.

Basically I have a C36 drivetrain into a W124 wagon, and 3.07 LSD. I'm placing 1st & 2nd in SCCA autocross, but would like more power.

C43
07-21-2004, 01:59 PM
I just installed my STAGE III exhaust. This exhaust is incredible. My car sounds like a mustang on crack. I am turning heads whenever I am driving. I can feel the power increase. The best part is my wife hates it, so she will not drive it anymore. I have installed the pulley kit and stage II ignition kit and a speedtuning chip. This exhaust with the power X pipe pulled everything together. I have some cabin noise but it has calmed down after 200 miles. I love my car more now than ever. Thanks. You are the man. Now I am ready for a supercharger. Ken if you are making a supercharger tell me because I really trust your quality.

Under Pressure
08-05-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by C43
The best part is my wife hates it, so she will not drive it anymore.

That is the absolute best quote ever about a car modification :p

CKlasse
08-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Wow, I didn't know this thread still exists. This summer has been real busy for us. I am sorry I havent been around.

I am having prob. w/ C36 system. So far, it yields lil or no gains...despite reducing the backpressure from 4psi to 2psi.

I am staying away from C36s for now. Perhaps this winter when things slow down around here, I ll work on it some more.

Nathan, no supercharger systems yet, I got all the components here, but our project C43 is going back to North Carolina sooner than expected. :( Anyhow, I am glad you like the system. I was afraid, by going your route, it would be a lil too loud. :)

Anyhow, I havent had much time uploading picts to our site..but check these out for now.....

http://www.budsmuffler.com/performance.html

It's been a fun summer so far! Thanks

coolcarlskic43
08-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by C43
I just installed my STAGE III exhaust. This exhaust is incredible. My car sounds like a mustang on crack. I am turning heads whenever I am driving. I can feel the power increase. The best part is my wife hates it, so she will not drive it anymore. I have installed the pulley kit and stage II ignition kit and a speedtuning chip. This exhaust with the power X pipe pulled everything together. I have some cabin noise but it has calmed down after 200 miles. I love my car more now than ever. Thanks. You are the man. Now I am ready for a supercharger. Ken if you are making a supercharger tell me because I really trust your quality. Midrange and topend on my car with BMS exhaust is sic! Looking for a run against an E46 M3! Thanx again Kenny.I'll give you a buzz!

coolcarlskic43
08-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Kenny ,how much for an exhaust for an E36 M3 95-99 from headers bac?Or cat bac as well?

CKlasse
08-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Cat back for the E36... $620. It's a X-Y design...

http://www.budsmuffler.com/images/performance/m3turbine02.jpg

Denlasoul
08-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
Looking for a run against an E46 M3!

I pulled at 90+mph versus an E36 M3. To my knowledge, the car was stock...and so was mine. :)

jnolte
08-16-2004, 10:33 AM
god, i love the c43 exhauct from cklasse, someday i will get mine:D

CKlasse
08-17-2004, 12:14 PM
.... and darn it..we just dont make C43 system anymore! :p

coolcarlskic43
08-17-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
I pulled at 90+mph versus an E36 M3. To my knowledge, the car was stock...and so was mine. :) Sounds right!

jnolte
08-18-2004, 12:03 PM
.... and darn ih..we just dont make C43 system anymore! :p

what?@!???@!??????:confused: :confused: :(

99amgc43
05-04-2005, 11:10 PM
so this exhaust made an increase of 25 whp??? since it still has "cats" and "resonators" but a better flowing muffler, would similar gains be reached with a straight pipe to knock out both the cats and resonator but to the stock amg muffler????

sig425
09-02-2005, 12:13 PM
bummer. My resonator is toast

coolcarlskic43
09-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 99amgc43
so this exhaust made an increase of 25 whp??? since it still has "cats" and "resonators" but a better flowing muffler, would similar gains be reached with a straight pipe to knock out both the cats and resonator but to the stock amg muffler???? From the dyno I noticed more TQ mid range up vs an increase in HP.I did not notice a 25 whp gain to be honest with you.More midrange TQ though.

cthirtysizzle
09-11-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm looking to do some exhaust work w/ my C43. There's a crack in the pipe right before it hits the resonator, but I wouldn't mind gaining 17-25hp either! I know Cklasse is no longer making the C43 system, what else is out there?

202rules
09-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by cthirtysizzle
I'm looking to do some exhaust work w/ my C43. There's a crack in the pipe right before it hits the resonator, but I wouldn't mind gaining 17-25hp either! I know Cklasse is no longer making the C43 system, what else is out there?
lol, do you now wish you hadn't sold your BMS exhaust to me? :D It would still be too loud for you I guess.

CKlasse is no longer working with BMS, I tried calling him the other day coz I wanted to see if he would help me lower my car and they said he's no longer there. Wonder how he is, very nice guy.

coolcarlskic43
09-11-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm looking to do some exhaust work w/ my C43. There's a crack in the pipe right before it hits the resonator, but I wouldn't mind gaining 17-25hp either! I know Cklasse is no longer making the C43 system, what else is out there? I have the BMS exhaust but I noticed very minimal HP gain.If anything the powerband has moved up some to give the car a little more top end hp.

Look at the dyno on Steve's car with stck exhaust.We are right about the same.The stck AMG exhaust is a very capable exhaust.Steve's car seems to also have more TQ than mine with the stck C43 AMG exh on his car.

sig425
09-12-2005, 05:16 AM
I called BMS to get an exhaust. They said they no longer have the jig any any other information about the exhaust they built. They could make a custom set up if you brought them the car... but I live In Indy, they are in Colorado.

cthirtysizzle
09-12-2005, 09:32 AM
will i get any power gains if i take off my resonator?

coolcarlskic43
09-24-2005, 12:35 PM
will i get any power gains if i take off my resonator? To be honest I think just a deeper exhaust tone,I won't vouch on a performance increase.

coolcarlskic43
will i get any power gains if i take off my resonator? To be honest I think just a deeper exhaust tone,I won't vouch on a performance increase.

coolcarlskic43

cthirtysizzle
10-03-2005, 01:00 PM
got it. all three times...

coolcarlskic43
02-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Bottom line the BMS exhaust was garbage and poorly built A waste of my ggod money. I have however built the system from scratch and have experienced some real HP gains as opposed to the BMS system which fell apart everywhere.

Tump43
02-09-2007, 04:35 PM
I have my old C43 BMS exhaust with new magnaflow glass packs for sale for a good price to a good home. It's deep and loud. Send me a pm if interested.

svt ricco
09-04-2007, 09:37 PM
i'm planning to get this exhaust, is it worth it? your help will be very much appreciated. thanks

coolcarlskic43
09-05-2007, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by svt ricco
i'm planning to get this exhaust, is it worth it? your help will be very much appreciated. thanks The parts are worth it(200.00 price offered at MBworld) but the way these guys built it and the original price was totally unsatisfactory. If you buy the exh from the guy on MBworld I can tell you how to build it properly. It's not going to fit on the car properly with the two resonators next to each other. I went thru holy hell with mine and took it of. I chgd the configuration of the whole system.

svt ricco
09-05-2007, 06:53 AM
carl-what if i just delete the resonators? is that good? what's the best way to set this up? thanks in advance

SteveL
09-05-2007, 09:12 AM
The system as is I think worked pretty well other than what I have already explained. The car will burn up ceramic cats but that doesn't have anything to do with the system. It does hang lower than the factor exhaust because of the resonators but you may be able to find smaller replacements or just leave them out. As I said, I wouldn't do that because I think it would drone. I had the system on the car for 3 years and in that time, other than being a few inches lowered that stock, I was very happy with both sound and performance. There is no question in my mind that the car makes a good amount more power, especially in the higher RPM range.

Tump43
09-06-2007, 08:18 AM
svt ricco -- I still have the parts for sale, cheap (the two glass packs are new, the turbine muffler and hump pipe are used). Listen to Carl. I did get my mechanic to install the 2 glass packs side by side; they had to bend the heat shield. You can bolt it right up as is, or use the parts to create your own system.
The system worked well for me, but it was rather loud. If you like that, you're golden, if not, keep your OE muffler as I eventually did; doing that quiets the system down a bit but retains more grunt than OE system and better performance.

Regards,

svt ricco
09-06-2007, 09:06 AM
tump- i don't know anything about exhaust so i can't build my own system... are you saying yours is a complete bolt on? what do you have? please specify coz steve listed every part for sale. i just wanna compare so i won't have a hard time picking which system to buy. thanks for your reply