PDA

View Full Version : I thought I could escape... but no...

Brabus
10-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Hey guys,

In reading all the info about your guy's w202 problems I thought I could really escape. Unfortunately, my car is not at Topline with Zim getting some repairs.

I picked up my car from my Audio shop in SF when all of a sudden the car was running like crap! Then I knew it was all over. The car ran so slow and it felt like all the power had been sucked out of it. Basically, my first thought was the MAS. That's what Zim concurred as well. So I changed that.

Now the car is running better but still cuts out.... right... you guessed it! Wiring Harness... :( So i hope that's the extent of my problems.

Do you guys think anything else could be related?

nokia8860
10-16-2003, 09:25 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

kameraguy
10-16-2003, 09:29 AM
Damn Jeremy....sorry to hear than man :( I always hear about wiring harnesses...and never anything good.

So IMHO it seems funky all the recent problems you have had with your car usually occur when the car is at this audio shop. Have you mentioned all the times they mess up your dash cluster?

It seems feasible they might have messed up your car somehow. I'm sure not on piurpose...but you do have quite a bit going on in your car.

Brabus
10-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Well i had thought that, but

1) My audio shop is not shady... and
2) I check the mileage... it didn't move at all the whole time it was at the shop.

Thanks to Nokia and Kam for picking up a stranded at Topline at 8pm!!!

nokia8860
10-16-2003, 09:41 AM
You need this (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=987&highlight=harness)

714guy
10-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles, i was goin thru the same thing all last month one thing after another, and still have minor problems now. Good luck hope everything will goes over smoothly.

Luwin1026
10-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Time to get yourself into a Honda!! :D

714guy
10-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Luwin1026
Time to get yourself into a Honda!! :D
aint't that the truth, their so easy to fix, and rarely brake down even when you mod the hell out of them.

kameraguy
10-16-2003, 11:03 AM
Didn't mean to imply your audio shop was shady...I just meant maybe they aren't familiar with your car when they are doing the electricals and somehow they messed something up by accident. Your car wouldn't need to move. Maybe they were re-wiring stuff and damaged the harness somehow....

But that's just me being synical. I have my own doubts about what happenned to my car after I dropped it off at the dealership...and now I have overheating issues.

JRE320
10-16-2003, 11:47 AM
So sorry to hear that. Anyway it's about time for you changed the wiring harness. I've been through that and not only once but TWICE!! :mad: :mad:

Brabus
10-16-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
So sorry to hear that. Anyway it's about time for you changed the wiring harness. I've been through that and not only once but TWICE!! :mad: :mad:

That's true I guess... It's be a several years but I only have 68K!!

JRE320
10-16-2003, 03:04 PM
That's sucks!! if I were you I'll buy the wiring harness at Caliber.Tom will gicve you a good price for it.

KenzBenz
10-16-2003, 05:28 PM
you only have 68k miles??? i dont think it should happen till like 120k !! and what yr is ur car?

Eurosport
10-17-2003, 07:38 AM
Brabus,
do you get any check engine light to come on? any codes when hooked up to diagnosis?
before changing wire harness i would really try to change O2 sensor first, before it goes bad, car does run pretty gay w/out actually putting out a light at first but it's a sign that it'll go bad soon, i would really change that O2 sensor (the one after the cat) about $120 part