PDA

View Full Version : Weight reductioin...

Amer
10-27-2003, 07:30 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knew any shops in California who deal with race prepping and fabrication. Mainly looking into building a track car and taking out anything in order to have a lightweight vehicle, mainly gutting the interior. I haven't decided on what car but I'm looking for a reputable shop that does this type of work. TIA.

Renn 208
10-27-2003, 07:52 PM
There are tons of shops that could help you prep your car. Best bet would be to chose the car first and then find people with experience in that car.

Or even before going shopping, just start hitting up the tracks and ask people how they went about things.

Do you plan to AutoX? club race? weekend fun? take the mulsanne at 200mph+? All need different things, and it's best to know what you have in mind before paying someone to do the work for you.

Of course, if you plan to get a CL55 and track it, call up MBenzNL, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to take it all apart for you.

jnolte
10-28-2003, 12:11 AM
for some reduction of weight go on the Jenny Craig plan mang!!!!!

Denlasoul
10-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Talk to Speedybenz. :)

Amer
10-28-2003, 02:00 PM
wow, thanks for the reply guys, basically I'm looking into get a cheap project car (c230, 190e, miata, golf, E30 m3) and playing around with weight reduction, I also want a custom rollbar and maybe fuel cell relocation. Thanks for the advice!