PDA

View Full Version : AMG C43, 0-60 mph times

speedybenz
11-02-2003, 08:40 PM
Today I hooked up a crude ram air system that runs from the fog light holes in the bumper up to the airbox.

The car seemed pretty quick after this so I hooked up my G-Tech Pro and did some runs.

The temp was 55 degrees, Humidity 80 %.

Best time 5.42 sec. next 5.53 sec and then some in the the 5.6 range mostly because of wheel spin.

The best run had the least wheel spin which was a real problem, even with 255/17" KuhmoMX tires.

I wish I had checked the 0-60 mph times before.

JEff

Denlasoul
11-02-2003, 09:53 PM
Jeff-

Ive read that the 43 should be in the 5.9 sec 0-60 range. I am guessing that may be a little conservative, but not 100% sure. I have seen the 0-60 times ranging from 5.9 to 6.5 secs, but that really depends on many factors.

What engine mods are currently on your car?

Do you have the original G-Tech, or the new one? How accurate do you think it really is?

Do you think stiffening up the rear suspension would help keep the wheels on the ground?

DLS

JDoggery
11-02-2003, 10:10 PM
sweet, nice 0-60 times, suks its starting to rain here

i talked to Tom and am gonna see him on Wed.

c230kompresssed
11-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Those are some sweet times. I wish my car can run 5.4! So if you figure your running 5.4 0-60, what about quarter mile? im guessing 14.1-14.5.

speedybenz
11-03-2003, 08:29 AM
DSL,

I have the old G-tech model. I would think the times are pretty close but could easily be off by a tenth or two.

I do notice that the car just runs much harder in general. Before if you just punched it from a stop I do not remember the rear tires breaking loose in a big way. But maybe you can tell me what your C43 does as it is easy to forget what was and assume that the new mods are faster.

If you hold the brake and spin up the engine a little and then drop the brake the car will just sit there spinning the rear tires.

I did some really cool burnouts of 100 feet plus last afternoon.

I need to go dyno the thing so I know were I stand now before I put on the BMS exhaust.

Jeff

Three Point 6
11-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Im thinking you probably picked up 1-2mph in the quarter or 1 - 1/2 car lengths? Those 'force air' mods usually net decent improvements at the expense of bad wet weather effects on the filters.

kameraguy
11-03-2003, 11:47 AM
I have the old gtech too, and for my car I get around 6.4 seconds. So if this is off by a few tenths, it would be consistent with what i'd expect considering mileage. I also had a passenger in the car.

I also tested a CLK 55 right after and we got 5.4 seconds in the same conditions. There was a lot of wheelspin though...

Unfortunately the original g-tech has accuracy issues as it seems to have a mind of it's own, but it works great if it is used to baseline before and after as it's consistent enough. But if you didn't get the before, it's hard to say what the real change was :(

C280Sportster
11-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by speedybenz
Today I hooked up a crude ram air system that runs from the fog light holes in the bumper up to the airbox.

The car seemed pretty quick after this so I hooked up my G-Tech Pro and did some runs.

The temp was 55 degrees, Humidity 80 %.

Best time 5.42 sec. next 5.53 sec and then some in the the 5.6 range mostly because of wheel spin.

The best run had the least wheel spin which was a real problem, even with 255/17" KuhmoMX tires.

I wish I had checked the 0-60 mph times before.

JEff

I've alway though the C43 was much faster the 0-60 in 6 sec.

If you look the power/gearing/weight and compare it to a C36 (which is a 6 sec. 0-60 car), it should be a bit quicker (more than .1 in 0-60).

Plus, you don't have those 50 pound mono IIs wheels on, I'm sure that helps.

Are you going to add headers, Underdrive pullies, lighter crank pully, anything else ?