PDA

View Full Version : SRS light is on in my 94 C220

Faheem Daddy
11-04-2003, 10:22 PM
I just noticed tonight that the SRS light comes on for a minute or two when I start the car...I have a 1994 C220 with 96k miles on it...anyone know whats up?

GDawgC220
11-05-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Faheem Daddy
I just noticed tonight that the SRS light comes on for a minute or two when I start the car...I have a 1994 C220 with 96k miles on it...anyone know whats up?

The same thing happens on mine. My first experience was about a year ago, I thought it was something bad (well, its something not functioning right), so I had the dealer fix it. It was the front passanger belt buckle relay (about $300) to do the entire job. After a while, the light comes on again when starting and stays on for about 2 minutes and shuts off. Now, I had the dealer just diagnose and it was the driver's side belt buckle relay, so I didn't bother with it as I didn't have the money at the time.

Haven't fixed it ever since, just stays on for about two minutes and goes away. This is a DELAY in the SRS system. It will still function in the event of an accident after the light goes out, so try not to get into an accident for the first two minutes ;)
Some members over at mbworld can attest to the system working with the SRS light on for a min or two.

So my guess is it's the belt buckle relay on one of the sides. Come to think of it, mine went around the same mileage (100k).

Goodluck, -G-

CKlasse
11-05-2003, 08:18 AM
Faheem,

Just to share my SRS story....

Recently I replaced the cluster bulbs with red bulbs and when I install the cluster back, the SRS turned on a bit longer after ignition and went away after couple minutes. I checked the DTC, no codes. So I went to a local MB tech and he said it might be relays but it's normal if I mess around with the cluster.

Now, a couple of weeks later, the SRS turned off right away as it's supposed to do.

Ken

JRE320
11-05-2003, 08:53 AM
I have my SRS lights come on after starting. It takes a while before it turns off.

Faheem Daddy
11-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the replies fellas...I also posted this at Bnzsport and they gave me similar answers, so I'm not too worried about it anymore. I'm still going to get a 2nd opinion from my MB dealer just in case.

vas2vas
11-05-2003, 12:25 PM
mine does the same, doesn't particularily bother me though.....