PDA

View Full Version : Instument lighting

cian36n
11-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Sometimes when I start my car my temperature light is dimmer than all the rest, and sometimes, you cant even see the reading at all, and other times, it works perfect. Any ideas?

c36ryder
11-09-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by cian36n
Sometimes when I start my car my temperature light is dimmer than all the rest, and sometimes, you cant even see the reading at all, and other times, it works perfect. Any ideas?

My car had the same problem. I just had the cluster LEDs replaced and it was fine after that.

jnolte
11-09-2003, 04:46 PM
its just normal aging and wear and tear

Denlasoul
11-09-2003, 05:23 PM
When you replace the bulbs, make sure you do them all. That way they will not shine brighter than the older ones. Besides, when you replace one, you'll be guaranteed that another will need to be replaced right after. :)

ruffino28
11-09-2003, 05:25 PM
i got same problem too

cian36n
11-09-2003, 08:13 PM
I am going to replace them, but why would the bulb go on and off?

davis449
11-09-2003, 08:21 PM
why would the bulb go on and off?

That's a good question and maybe it has something to do with the fliaments in the bulbs. My two previous cars did this and you could get them to come back on or brighten up by thumping the area that was fading or out completely. Then there are just osme blubs that quit working and there's nothing you can do to get them to come back on and then one instance they'll come back to life (my friend's Z28 shifter lights do this).

cian36n
11-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Even though its a small problem, suggestions are to replace the bulbs and hope for the best?

Eurosport
11-09-2003, 09:51 PM
funny
i have a similar problem and had it for over a year now lol
it doesn't bug me i think it's kinda funny and definitely entertained a lot of people

when i turn on my lights, the one far left bulb in the cluster doesn't come on (the fuel gauge i think), so it's dimmer than the whole cluster
all i gotta do is tap with my finger in a certain spot on the dash above it and it comes on and stays on til next time i turn off/on lights lol

steponit
11-10-2003, 10:39 PM
is there any way to get the instrument cluster to display a different color or am i gonna have to stick to that orange flavor.