PDA

View Full Version : ABS Indicator light

Tom Q
11-10-2003, 07:55 AM
My ABS light went on yesterday. I turned off the engine then turned it on again and the light disappeared. Anybody know what this means?

nokia8860
11-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Check your speed sensors. They may need replacing.

Tom Q
11-10-2003, 03:24 PM
where is the speed sensor.......sorry I'm still a newbie

GDawgC220
11-11-2003, 05:50 AM
Usually if it doesn't stay lit, that means your battery is not charged enough. Says in the manual when there is a voltage drop, the ABS indicator will come on and when theres enough juice again, it will go out.

I had this happen in the winter once when it would come on once or twice a week and then shut off after about 10 minutes of driving. When the light is on, there is NO ABS...pump the brakes in that period of time.

So check your battery, may need replacing, depending on how old it is. If the light isn't staying on, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Also, one time, my ABS light stayed on for a long period of time then shut off, and I had my dealer checked it out since I was in for service. It turned out to be a ABS relay module. That was about $300.

Hope this helps.

-G-

714guy
11-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Tom Q
My ABS light went on yesterday. I turned off the engine then turned it on again and the light disappeared. Anybody know what this means?

mine does that once an w while too, i have clue to why but brakes still work so i dont pay to much attention to it. But should it???