PDA

View Full Version : the cursed CEL..HELP!

ryhi
11-11-2003, 07:18 AM
last night my car misfired for some reason. i turn the key all the way, and the car has a slight jolt and doesnt start. i try it again and it starts up with no problem ... about two hours later while im driving, my check engine light comes on :mad: i noticed when the car is off and i turn the key twice(with all dash lights on) there is an electronic buzzing sound coming from somewhere to right of the engine. i gotta admit...before the misfire, i was kinda being hard on my car, but i wasnt pushing it that hard..and it was only for about 20 minutes. does anyone have an idea on what it could be? i have a 1999 c230 kompressor... anyone know where i can go to get a free or cheap diagnostic test? the sounds r coming from the circled area...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p6769c2f09f69cede54f1887aa0ae5ed6/fa95aec9.jpg

ryhi
11-15-2003, 11:05 AM
thursday night my CEL turned off. but then today after about 20 mins after i filled up with gas, it turned back on!! WTF is going on?? i noticed the first time it turned on i had 3/4 tank, and it turned off when it was about 1/2 tank. does ne1 know whats going on with my car??