PDA

View Full Version : MB technical info available online

benzdude
11-17-2003, 03:54 PM
I am not sure if you guys knew about this, however MB has a website at http://www.startekinfo.com/ which offers technical documentation for Mercedes-Benz vehicles for a small fee.
24hrs = $20.00. etc.

everything is available there, wiring diagrams, install instructions and even part numbers. (I get the feeling that this site is intended for dealers.)

their disclaimer reads:

"The information contained in this publication/video/website ("publication") is issued by Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, for use in conjunction with other service literature, special tools and equipment and parts specified by Mercedes-Benz for use in diagnosis and repair of Mercedes-Benz vehicles and is not intended to represent all available information pertaining to models referenced herein. Although this information can be useful for Mercedes-Benz owners and independent repair facilities, it is intended solely for use by service personnel properly trained and qualified to perform work on Mercedes-Benz vehicles and who have access to, and experience in, using the necessary tools, equipment and literature, required to perform service and repair work accurately and safely."

To get the most out of the site you will need to first install two apps. autodesk whip and the java JRE. (to view the diagrams and search the documentation)

click on about site -> tech requirements (on left nav) to install.

cian36n
11-17-2003, 04:47 PM
This is Ian's brother Austin (Omegabenz), but my screen name doesnt work on here for some reason. Anyway,

I wonder if it is possible to get all the information in one day's time. For the whole year, it seems quite expensive.

Eurosport
11-18-2003, 01:21 AM
there's always pretty good info on
http://www.alldata.com/vehicle_owner/index.html
as well
25ish per whole year

merc_lover
11-18-2003, 07:29 AM
$2500 FOR A YEARS SUBSCRIPTION?!!!!!!
OMFG!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :alien: :ermm: :confused: :mad: