PDA

View Full Version : HPS C43 facts from Mike Mitchel

moebiusgold
11-30-2003, 08:43 PM
Mike stopped over again. I was able to ask him some questions with a clearer head. The wheels that I quoted yesterday were what was submitted to the Ins. Co. Here is the Edit It only has 19X8.5 fronts. It's about maybe 400 HP at the crankshaft after I fiddled with everything. It wasn't near that when I got it. End of Edit. HPS said It'l be that at the rears with the intercooler. His car was featured in a shoot out of SC C's for the next issue of Benzo. He said that his car hung right in there with the RENNtech and the Kleerman. He says that he blew them away at the track. He let me borrow the copy with Lumin's car and daid that he was bummed, that the web site is down and he doesn't think that there is going to be another issue. From the (non)technical side of things, Mike's dragging me to LA to meet up with Gary at RENNtech and a couple of other folks. I've needed a good excuse to quite my present job and one might be falling in my lap.
I sure hope so.:cool:

joesc280
11-30-2003, 09:18 PM
that car is amazing.....also what color(paint code) is that.....it looks like a dark silver or gunmetallic....please find out if you can....

J Irwan
11-30-2003, 09:42 PM
moebiusgold

Those wheel measurement you posted is not correct

I have 18x8, 18x9 monoblo setup if I measure outer flanged to outer flanged my 18x8 will have 9.1" wide, and the back about 10.1" wide as well.

Here is the info how how to measure the wheel width.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/tech/offset.gif

The actually width of the wheel is not like they way you measure it. Offcourse if you want to verify it you could take a look at the back of the wheel. IT should have the spec.

As I mentioned putting 9" width on the front of the W202 is almost impossible (if you want to have the lip stay under the fedner, not some Mexican ride style where the wheel sticking out) and max is 10" on the rear for W202.

Here is a picture my car with 19x10 Carlsson 1/6 Evo with 265/30/19 Yokohama AVS sport.
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAQA4wVnxVLQ1n6SckLhjM1iryb55h3hntf8sK8cF0uVtYmx vaVpGq7qG2Yl*AgP6Da6MBoSMZ5uKWj5C3XofW8iH6vP9e6b95 ayP2QqlCFrZ6WBz988g/SCF0001_resized.JPG

With this wheel the clerance on the inner side is about 4mm no more...(so it's pretty close)

Also I was questioning the hp before because you said (you might accidently type it :) ) that the car has 500 hp rear wheel , not 500 hp real cranck.

Don't get me wrong, I am in awe and amazed with the car and have no intention of dissing it whatsoever, but I just want to make sure that we have all the information posted are correct, so that other member can benefit for it (especially wheel fitment :D )

Regardz,

moebiusgold
11-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by joesc280
that car is amazing.....also what color(paint code) is that.....it looks like a dark silver or gunmetallic....please find out if you can....
What happened, I thought that I had Emailed you the info yesterday.:( It's Ferrari Titanium Gold. $14,000 worth. He did it for the Benzo shoot. I felt kinda guilty following anything even at a hundred yards on I5. He ships it places...
I think that they are et29 in front and et38 in back. I will verify this though.
If Mr. Space didn't get the vid I'm bummed. Etienne, please shoot me an E-Mail, mine might be MIA.

Denlasoul
11-30-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by moebiusgold
I've needed a good excuse to quite my present job and one might be falling in my lap.
I sure hope so.:cool:

Got anymore space for a tag-a-long?

moebiusgold
11-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by J Irwan
moebiusgold

Those wheel measurement you posted is not correct

Regardz,

J.
Don't worry, I know that you mean all good.:) I have measured lots of wheels, made my own in a steel wheels, a la sportsman class.... I've been around the block a couple of times, put away wet, but anyways without knowing the actual thickness of the flange at the inside and outside. That is why on the front pic I say subtract .5+" from what you see. On the rears I pre compensated by having the tape end outboard of the inside edge by about .5 ". Sorry, this is the best I can do now. I will have my paws all over thain the future so I will keep this updated when I find out anything new or different.:D The fronts do rub the inner fender a bit but I can fix that. The tire sidewalls are pulled in bigtime. This makes up for a bit. They could be a half inch narrower than what I am saying. I would give myself at least that much possable error. He did tell me 9.5 and 10.5, what can I say but I have no reason to not belive him about this.
A side note, your diagram needs to be updated. The offset is calculated at the Width/2 distance. Replace the 2 shorter "width"s with W/2. Only an engineer would quibble about what is obvious to everone. Sorry, no dissrespect is intended.
In fact, I have quite a bit for you and some others here:) :D
Thanks for Yours and everone's positive contributions to the club. It gets me past the ouches that inevitably happen when you get enough fanatics of any kind together.

joesc280
11-30-2003, 10:24 PM
you said it cost 14,000 for the respray job for ferrari "titanium gold"....just making sure it is correct....i thought it was a factory mb color...also what kind of drop does he have it matches the car and rim size perfectly....

JDoggery
11-30-2003, 10:28 PM
Anyone have anything on these Zauber Gettin rims?

moebiusgold
11-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by joesc280
you said it cost 14,000 for the respray job for ferrari "titanium gold"....just making sure it is correct....i thought it was a factory mb color...also what kind of drop does he have it matches the car and rim size perfectly....
Mike is an artist type, not an engineer, Its kinda hard getting details out. The same words mean different things to us at times. That is also why he's not into the Benz clubs like 202.
I'll try but it might be a tape measure on the drive way. Guess I'm gonna have to put his and mine door to door so that it shows how rolled his rear fender is. The job is amazing. It doesn't look moved that much until I look at mine.:(
So did you get the E-Mail?

jnolte
12-01-2003, 01:03 AM
That is amazing!! That car is unbelivable!! I think we should all get S/Cers on our rides!! OR how bout 55 engines and a blower! lol, thats one nice 202!

moebiusgold
12-01-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Got anymore space for a tag-a-long?
I'm going to check into Mike's schecule. If he's open Sat. I'll see what I can do. It might have to be at my place because I'm supposed to be playing Nurse to the wife........ and I can't dissapear for an evening yet. I'll start a GTG thread with RSVP but open to anyone in the club. I just hope that the idea doesn't get an overwhelming responce.:D :o ;) To think I bought a 202 to lower my profile:rolleyes: PF

98_Benzo
12-01-2003, 10:07 AM
Where is everyone seeing the photos of this car? :confused: I wanna see them....:(

98_Benzo
12-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Where is everyone seeing the photos of this car? I wanna see them....

Nevermind :rolleyes: ................I'm Stupid:stupid: ............I found them!!!

MrSpace
12-01-2003, 10:31 AM
I did not receive the video

try this adress:

etienne at pemarcotte.com (replace the "at" by "@")

I'll put it up this afternoon if you can send it right away

Etienne

MrSpace
12-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by JDoggery
Anyone have anything on these Zauber Gettin rims?

http://www.ultracar.com/ZAUBER%20WHEELS/ZAUBER%202003.html

$$$$$$$$$

Etienne

J Irwan
12-01-2003, 05:41 PM
I just remembered who is Mike Mitchell now.

He is the first HPS customer for C43 supercharger.
And His car was a Black C43 but then again you mentioned he just painted the whole car to "Ferrari Gold Titanium" :)

It was claimed that his car is dynoe'd at 397.66 HP (corrected HP) at cranck

Here (http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7513&highlight=HPS+C43)

and Mike actually already joined BNZSPORT as "WildWest" as his screen name.
And here is his testimonial (http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8278&highlight=HPS+C43)
unless he sent back the car to get more work done, then I doubt it he has 500hp C43-HPS supercharger.

Knowing how HPS advertising system if 500hp is achieved they would have their slogan/claims on their website by now.. :D

And here is some pic of his car after HPS installation (When his car still black ;))

http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=10356
http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=10358

Regardz,

Benzmac
12-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Here is before and after dyno on a stock E430.

The dyno was done by me, so I know the numbers are accurate. These are rear wheel HP and Torque.

HMMM, I think the C43 would pick up about 20 over these numbers.
Click here to see! (http://www.mbautowerks.com/performance/00003/00003.html)

moebiusgold
12-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by J Irwan
I just remembered who is Mike Mitchell now.

He is the first HPS customer for C43 supercharger.
And His car was a Black C43 but then again you mentioned he just painted the whole car to "Ferrari Gold Titanium" :)

Regardz,
Yes you are 100 % correct. I am sorry for spreading posts all over multiple threads, and not in place. I've said this before, just not here. He has had it back a couple of times. It runs better. He is expecting a new actuator this week. The progress continues. HPS and Mike both said that their HP No. are way conservative compared to RENNtech and Kleeman. I really don't want to get in the middle of anything. I'm an engineer and I have raised my eyebrows more than once talking with him. Hey just said, Wait to you see the Grip video 5. I posted the website last week. He claims that his car blows away everything else in the movie.

I almost forgot. I had the guys at HPS surfing Club 202. :cool: They didn't see his paint job either.

JasonH
12-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Could someone please post the link to this video & to the pics here?

Thanks,
Jason

moebiusgold
12-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by JasonH
Could someone please post the link to this video & to the pics here?

Thanks,
Jason
Just put HPS C43 into the search forums out of the jump to pull downs.;)

JasonH
12-19-2003, 04:54 PM
I must be retarded. Did the search & jump, read through several threads, and never found a link to the movie. Oh-well...

Jason

Denlasoul
12-19-2003, 07:17 PM
Here you go: Click me (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2241)

nudymeyer6
12-20-2003, 04:28 PM
o.k., that was the video but where do i find the pics of the ferrari gold titanium paint job? tia.

moebiusgold
12-20-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by nudymeyer6
o.k., that was the video but where do i find the pics of the ferrari gold titanium paint job? tia.
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2223
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2232