PDA

View Full Version : gear selector rattling

austin
12-08-2003, 10:26 AM
a couple days ago, my gear selector started rattling when i change from park to neutral to drive, etc. its not a big deal, and im positive it is something inside the center console because i can hear it (it sounds like there is a coin jiggling around in there when i move the shifter knob to different settings), so please dont suggest a tranny overhaul! :bunny:

i plan to pull the center console cover some time in the next week or two to fix it. basically, all i really need to know is which part i should look out for, and which parts (if any) i should order ahead of time before taking the interior apart. anyone have this problem before?

Eurosport
12-08-2003, 10:46 AM
were there any ladies in your car? maybe their eyeliner fell in there :D

98_Benzo
12-08-2003, 10:50 AM
You sound like you need a "BUSHING" in your shifter lever, it's really easy to do. I had the same problem and now it's gone. Hope that helps you out, I will post pics tonight, so you can see where it is and what it is.

jnolte
12-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Hmmmmm Sound like you need a tranny overhaul! lol

nudymeyer6
12-08-2003, 12:53 PM
I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ricerokets4life
12-15-2003, 02:19 PM
i dropped a coin in there once cuz my shift gate fell of the tracks. i still havent been able to get it out (whoops). however, i havent noticed any problems/noises yet (knock on wood).

JRE320
12-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Does the shifter move a lot or some what loose? If your shifter move and it's in gear then there's 2 bushing that you need to replaced. It cost only about $0.50 ea. But to install it is the problem. It may take 2 -3 hrs of labor time. And it needs to lifted up. .Good luck... :( ;)

austin
01-05-2004, 01:13 AM
thanks!

i havent gotten around to fixing it yet, but i plan to do it soon.

jre, do you happen to have part numbers for the two bushings i need? and what do i need to pull in order to access the area im gonna be working on?

thanks in advance!

JRE320
01-05-2004, 05:40 AM
No I don't. :( All you got to do is go to the dealer and tell them the 2 bushing in the tranny. Sorry.... :( ;)