PDA

View Full Version : 100k tune-up

audiophile
12-12-2003, 08:24 PM
whats up,
okay so i'll be doing the 100k service in the next couple of days. what do you guys recommend plugs,coils, wires, fuel filter, and what else. how many coils do i need and if possible PART#'S advice would be great. thanks :)

vas2vas
12-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by audiophile
whats up,
okay so i'll be doing the 100k service in the next couple of days. what do you guys recommend plugs,coils, wires, fuel filter, and what else. how many coils do i need and if possible PART#'S advice would be great. thanks :)

it would help if you identified year and model of your w202, but in general you need not change coils unless they fail... I suggest changing all filters and fluids, including transmission and fuel filter, and the differential fluid.... bosch platinum plugs, new wires... change coolant, and possibly the thermostat if it hasn't recently been changed....

audiophile
12-13-2003, 04:56 PM
oh yeah sorry,
98 c230, and what about the coils do you know what how many i'm going to know and plug connectors

vas2vas
12-14-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by audiophile
oh yeah sorry,
98 c230, and what about the coils do you know what how many i'm going to know and plug connectors

I'm not familiar with the later 4 cyl engines, but my 95 c280 has 3 coils, one for every 2 cylinders.... If you are determined to change them look for a kit that has both coils and wires.... in my experience the wires usually come in a complete kit....

audiophile
12-15-2003, 12:37 PM
where did you find that kit with the wires and coils and how much?

vas2vas
12-15-2003, 05:15 PM
I buy most of my stuff from BMA Imports www.bmaautoparts.com or 1(888)262-3911 ask for patrick bright at sales... very good prices to my experience... no idea about price or p/n yours since I have 2 more cylinders :) so it's not the same....

for indicative purposes I found the "Ignition Wire Set" at importec http://www.importeccatalog.com for $120.33
your car needs 2 ignition coils, but those cost anywhere between $60 and $100 as there are 4 different kinds depending on engine #
my advice is to shop around....