PDA

View Full Version : After Reading Bimmer Mag, I can't help buy wonder

Andrew C280
01-10-2004, 06:09 PM
AfterReading Bimmer Mag, I can't help buy wonder why there are so many aftermarket products, one that interest me is called the shark injector it plugs right into the computer which is simmilar to the mercedes computer in the engine compartment and claims that you get 18+ RWHp and only cost 349 USD, has any one seen simmilar products for merecedes, also are there any good mercedes mags I can get, I don't like the idea of chiping my car but this is better because it can be reversed and dosent effect the dealer dianostics plus it a good value if it works
http://www.bimmerworld.com/html/conforti-shark-injector-engine-software.htm (http://)

There has to be some aforable ways to boost proformance

FreeStyler
01-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Lots of my friends have BMW's. Let me tell you, even tho they tell me thats my car is awesome cause its a benz, the beamers are much more fun then my car. They can increase their hp and still have a classy looking car for cheap. I wish I could do half the mods they get to do. Darn.:(

jnolte
01-10-2004, 11:35 PM
U cant compare a benz to a bimmer. Bimmers are everywhere! I see them like civics. Benzos got class too

DuncanM
01-11-2004, 06:16 AM
I don't know why everyone has to compare BMW and Mercedes, they are not the same type of car. A BMW is a performance car, they are after a street racer. Mercedes is geared up to be a luxury car where power is secondary. Mercedes likes that Autobahn power car that just keeps going.

IF you want a street racer you can mod and race cheap then get a BWM. When I was looking for a car I was down to the E36 M3 and a C43. The M3 is fun but it is nowhere near as comfortable as the C43. I bought the C43 even though there are 4 M3s where I work.

Andrew C280
01-11-2004, 08:45 AM
I was going to buy a 3 serries or 540I, but I saw this nice 1997 C280 sport and though I would buy that I needed a car to get to school, and it was the right price, all i want is a little more low end power, shit ah it will run to the max speed pretty fast, and it think it can kill many cars in street races, since it pulls pretty hard to the 0-60 or 0-100 just mash the gas and ride all the way to red lines, I have never raced any one, but i am going to the drag races buy my cottege this summer to see what it can do

There has got to be some cam timing or something to give it like 20 hp more

DuncanM
01-11-2004, 10:03 AM
There is speedtuningusa.com, they have the Power Chip. They have dynos on their site and they claim their chip took a C280 straight 6 from 193hp to 209hp. The chip is $249 and then you'll need to get it installed.

Anybody used these guys?

I'm sure CKlasse can hook you up with an exhaust system and squeeze some more out.

Denlasoul
01-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by DuncanM
There is speedtuningusa.com, they have the Power Chip.
Anybody used these guys?

Do a Forum Search. I bet you'll find some info. Also, some members have them in their rides. Ask them.