PDA

View Full Version : Remus muffler install ?

99C230K
01-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Hi,

I'm a new member and I have a 99 C230 K. I recently installed a Remus muffler and noticed some changes in my car. First, when a car is put into gear, the idle goes down and I feel a slight vibration from the engine, same as when I stop for the light. That never happed before. Second, I noticed that the catalytic converter is running hotter. Is that normal? Did anybody have the same experience or have some suggestions.

Thanks,

CKlasse
01-28-2004, 05:12 AM
We might be looking at two unrelated things. The slight engine vibration might be a misfire - hence the fuel in the cat - hence the hot kitty! Just dont let it happen too often - it will melt the cat.

But again then I can ship a hi flow cat to you!

jnolte
01-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Welcome! Another WA st. club member is always good, there are quite a few now! Did u only change the muffler?

99C230K
01-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the replies,

I’m not sure why it will misfire, any thing that I can check? I did only change the muffler.

CKlasse, what kind of price range are we looking at for the cat? I do have a cat (Random Technologies), but it needs to be modified to fit.

CKlasse
01-29-2004, 05:16 AM
Random techs are good stuffs. I carry those too.

Have your local muffler shop install it. Most independant shops can do custom installation.