PDA

View Full Version : Boost kit

juk
02-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi!
I have a c230 kompressor and i think to install BOV (Boost flow), does anybody installed it, will it bring me + some hp? I read that there are some universal Boosts that can be installed on all car types. For example Greddy.

Luwin1026
02-15-2004, 09:46 PM
I'm a little confused by your post -

BOV stands for "blow off valve," which is something that is used to relieve pressure between shifts or throttle-lifting. The C230K M111 motor already has a bypass valve that is electronically controlled (the piece attached to the airbox).

I've tried to install a HKS super-sequential BOV on it with no success - it cannot be done correctly. (maybe that was just my experience).

If you're looking to increase boost for the supercharger, a pulley kit would be the way to go.

I'm not sure what you meant by "boost flow" - maybe if you clarify a little we can help?

juk
02-16-2004, 02:50 AM
Sorry, yes i spoken about BOV (blow off valve) that Greddy selling, thay told that is universal.
Can u tell me, how much cost this pulley kit?
And what kind of spark plugs are the best for my car? (standard bosch?)

ryhi
02-16-2004, 09:18 AM
my friend told me a BOV for superchargers isnt a performance upgrade, but a safety feature. he also said it will most likely never be used if on a supercharger anyways

Rocky
02-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by ryhi
my friend told me a BOV for superchargers isnt a performance upgrade, but a safety feature. he also said it will most likely never be used if on a supercharger anyways

A BOV is not a HP bolt on part but is a performance part. By controlling the pressure between shifts, you basically control the rate at which your turbo spools up between shifts. Less time it take to spool up the better. Also used when High boost is used.

Luwin1026
02-16-2004, 11:37 AM
The Greddy one will probably not work for your car, as your car already has an electronically-controlled one.

Boost (pulley) kit will probably run you from $800-1800, depending on if you have a 1999 or a 2000.

The pulley kit comes with a new set of colder spark plugs, so you don't have to worry about that. :D

BangnBenz
02-18-2004, 12:29 AM
there is no need to run a bov on a supercharger.

the reason that the hks bov possibly didn't work is that the motor is not set up for an open air type of the bov. alot of newer motors will not work with this type of bov.