PDA

View Full Version : performance question: spark plugs wires and spurk plugs

redc36
03-13-2004, 05:00 PM
does it make sense

Magnacor kv85mm + denso iridium ~160$

Bosch stock wires + copper bosch plugs ~ 66$

is it worth it? i mean performance questionable isnt it? i mean really. should i save money for other things,. also dont these iridium crack too in like 6k. i dont wanna damage my engine.
thanks

speedybenz
03-13-2004, 08:48 PM
red,

I would go with the Magnecor wires and the plugs of your choice.

The Magnecor wire are a very nice wire and a step above the MB wires. Plus the plug boots go on to the plug real well and they also come off nicely when its time to change plugs. The stock wires on my C43 had to be almost ripped off and several wires pulled apart.

The Iriduim plugs in my C43 did make a small difference in engine response and seem to hold up well in my motor. I have not heard the cracking problem yet. What have you heard?

Jeff

lenwood
03-20-2004, 09:29 PM
i opted to use bosch platinum 4"s and magnacor 7mm wires. much improved performance and my gas mileage improved slightly.

MRP Motorsports
03-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Bosh Copper and replace regularly for better performance. The Platinum and Iridium are nice isf you are 50K to 100K spark plug change type of person. Copper is a better conductor but is not as resistant to deteriation and oxidation.

Index the plugs for the optimum squish bowl exposure. You can enlarget he gap until the engine starts to miss or knock then reduce the gap 0.010". Don't use this method on a forced induction car. More spark will give you more Hp and better milage. An F.I. engine is typically 30% fuel efficient. The more you burn the better the performance.