PDA

View Full Version : just got my a/c fixed

714guy
05-23-2003, 03:21 PM
Yep they fixed it and filled it twice for only $68.12, What a deal!!! It was fixed in the nic of time for Socals blazing hot temperatures. What was wrong with it you ask???

So when i decided to get it fixed, i take it to this place to fill it up and they test for leaks first, and they said i have one but they can't find it so they ASSume its in the car (the evaporator) so i left.

Then i go the trusty place next to my house where i 've hade my car fixed before( should of gone there first but was afriad it was goin to cost more, boy i was wrong) Anyways they filled it up and put a UV die in along with the r134. Than a week later i bring it back b/c it wasn't cold anymore, they found the leak and fixed it for free. the problem was just a loose coupler and changed a O ring. then they filled it back up again.

Just wanted to share my happy a/c story.

till next time

Jason

nokia8860
05-23-2003, 03:37 PM
and you know it feels so good right now! long live ac

714guy
05-23-2003, 03:51 PM
sure does, the last couple days were all 90+

pnsji
05-23-2003, 10:21 PM
hahahhah tell me about it..
It's like going to a korean bbq place without AC!!!

Luwin1026
05-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Need to fix A/C on my E30 - it's getting hot in here, and I ain't takin off all my clothes :D

jnolte
05-23-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Luwin1026
Need to fix A/C on my E30 - it's getting hot in here, and I ain't takin off all my clothes :D

Hey Luwin

Is that your S4 on your Avatar?? Thats filthy!! ,y freind has a black one but its stock. I am trying to convince him to modd it out but he says he dosent wanna mess around!!

Denlasoul
05-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Man, we got it good up here! Temps get in the low 70's and every once in ahwile it might get in the 80's. Very nice, I can drive around in my car with the windows down all the time. I was born and raised in Chicago, and I dont think I can take that kinda summer hea anymore! LOL We'll see when I visit in late Aug :dead:

jnolte
05-24-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Man, we got it good up here! Temps get in the low 70's and every once in ahwile it might get in the 80's. Very nice, I can drive around in my car with the windows down all the time. I was born and raised in Chicago, and I dont think I can take that kinda summer hea anymore! LOL We'll see when I visit in late Aug :dead:

YES, DLS we have very nice and mild temps around here. Just this last Friday the 23 we were having nice upper 70s temperature!! In the winter there is alotta rain but in the Summer its Perfecto for crusin!!:D

Scotty-C190E
05-29-2003, 10:57 AM
I just got mine fixed too! Turns out I just needed a freon recharge, I did it myself with a meter. Seems to have a slow freon leak though. I need to add a bottle about once a month in the summer. :confused: