PDA

View Full Version : Inlet size on exhaust

dwang
08-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Does anyone know the inlet size on the C230k exhaust (pre muffler, right before the muffler)? Is it 2.5"? Basically what I'm trying to ascertain is what size inlet is needed when getting a universal muffler. I see some at 2.25" and some at 2.5". Which one is the correct size or will they both fit? Also, what is involved when you replace the muffler? Is it just a cut and weld? Thanks.

Dave

nokia8860
08-01-2003, 07:57 AM
I think the 4s have 2.25 and the 6-8s have the 2.5

If the muffler youre thinking about is 2.5 it will work with your 2.25 the shop while cutting off your muffler will weld on a, lack of a better term, a flare to join the different sizes together.

And yup all it takes is lop of the old muffler and weld up the new one with some hangers and youre all set.

I have an extra muffler, universal bought a while ago. Its 2 3" tips I got off ebay, anyways never put it on so if you want it let me know, its the least i can do for the hold up for your parts.... you just pay shipping :P

dwang
08-01-2003, 08:17 AM
The muffler you have is the dual DTM tips, correct? I'm thinking of doing dual square tips, so I'll pass on your offer. What did you think about the generic Ebay muffler? Mighty generous of you to offer it to me, but I'm still waiting for the AMG muffler on your car....

Like some others on this board, I am looking into Magnaflow mufflers. What is the difference between single wall and double wall and do you know what size will fit (overall size)?

Dave

nokia8860
08-01-2003, 09:17 AM
Oh sorry the muffler I have is a dual 3" round. The dtm one is in the dump somewhere.

If youre going the magnaflow route, best to bring it to a muffler shop and have them just do the whole thing. Most shops carry magnaflow and other brands.

The AMG has been donated to a dual muffler project.

ryhi
08-01-2003, 09:19 AM
nokia how much for the dual 3 inchers?

dwang
08-01-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
Oh sorry the muffler I have is a dual 3" round. The dtm one is in the dump somewhere.

If youre going the magnaflow route, best to bring it to a muffler shop and have them just do the whole thing. Most shops carry magnaflow and other brands.

The AMG has been donated to a dual muffler project.

All right then, I'll give your muffler a try. I did not know you had this one... I thought you still had the DTM style muffler, which is a little too aggressive for my taste. I just want something different from the stock peashooter. Let me know how much shipping will be to 07677 and I'll Paypal you the funds ASAP. Thanks again!!!!

Dave

ryhi
08-01-2003, 09:29 AM
man! lol its all good

ryhi
08-01-2003, 10:10 AM
dwang...let me know how the muffler sounds on your kompressor

dwang
08-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Sure, whenever it might be that it gets installed... You see, I tend to buy and collect parts and not install them. Currently in my overstocked garages, there exists:

Full Carlsson FG replica kit
Front and rear aftermarket X-drilled Brembo rotors and Axxis Metalmaster pads
Euro AMG suspension-Front and rear AMG shocks and springs
Brand new set of four 225/40/18 Sumi HTR Z II tires

So I will be adding the muffler to my collection...

Dave

ryhi
08-01-2003, 11:07 AM
let me buy it!!! :D i would install it the day i get it

dwang
08-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ryhi
let me buy it!!! :D i would install it the day i get it

Buy!?!??! This muffler is free, save for shipping costs!!! This must be one of those OG deals...

Dave

ryhi
08-01-2003, 11:32 AM
so....ur taking it? or no?

dwang
08-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ryhi
so....ur taking it? or no?

Absolutely!! As long as Nokia still agrees...

Dave

ryhi
08-01-2003, 11:38 AM
k then.......let me know if u chane your mind :D