Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JE piston PICS....

what is that glass thing on the far corner of the table?

Originally posted by trymonlam
    my guess is the electronic scale he used to prove they were 2g lighter per piston

hes a drug dealer, weights the blow on it
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by jnolte
    that actually sounds more logical. cause with the pistons on a glass scale is somewhat unfitting.

how'd that get in there:Paranoid:
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

:hmmm:

Originally posted by jnolte
    rofl

GOTTA FUND THE TURBO PROJECT SOMEHOW!
    :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

^^^shhhh :nospeech :nospeech .........

yaaaaay...my engines back in:banana:........................................ ...................................NOT

Rods slide side to side on crank and piston due to a wider gap inside the JE piston than the OEM....

when will the hurting stop.

Originally posted by 23K
    yaaaaay...my engines back in:banana:........................................ ...................................NOT

Rods slide side to side on crank and piston due to a wider gap inside the JE piston than the OEM....

when will the hurting stop.

hmm....
    so what's ur solution to this?

hmm....
    so what's ur solution to this?
    if its not one thing its another it will be worth it i hope
    *STATUS*

Originally posted by 23K
    Is this on both sets of JE pistons? If so, I take it their design is flawed, or possibly an error in the specs you had provided them?

Both sets are same,iv mailed them but no responce yet...i would assume one of the following....

1.We could use spacers...not sure how well this will work,as type of material and clearance will be critical for long life...also the inside of the JE piston is not been finished to take such a thing.

2.3rd time lucky on another set of pistons.

I shipped them one of the OEM pistons out of my engine....the new ones should have come back with at least the critical specs being the same!.

this is killing me slowly...im not giving up thats for sure....this will work...

the fact you sent them an OE piston makes it inexcuseable since they redesigned the piston. hopefully they'll just exchange the last set for a final build at no cost.

i feel your pain man!

Ok update...
    There arguing i should have stated the piston locates the rod....Thats FBS!!!!!!!!!!!......whats worse is the opposing walls either side of the small end arnt parallel....this means i need to individually mill each piston,then machine a set of 6061 alloy spacers to suit..............Ohhh FFS:dead:

:dispoint:

hey men , its been a long time. and damn so many ups and downs,but we ad club 202 sure want to see that c230 do the pppsssss sound im pretty positive about youre project keep it up !!!!!!
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

Originally posted by 23K
    Ok update...
    There arguing i should have stated the piston locates the rod....Thats FBS!!!!!!!!!!!......whats worse is the opposing walls either side of the small end arnt parallel....this means i need to individually mill each piston,then machine a set of 6061 alloy spacers to suit..............Ohhh FFS:dead:

:dispoint:
    paul, don't back down man. that's pretty F*cked up of them when you sent them AN ORIGINAL MERCEDES BENZ PISTON for manufacturing duplication since their first set of pistons wouldn't even work in the first place with the proper f'ng rings! i feel they are 100% responsible, and i don't give a rat's ass how custom of a piston this is. making spacers severely comprimises the durability of your project; and i think the only option is they either rebuild the piston the correct way (their mistake, their learning curve but who doesn't agree 3rd times a charm?! ) or go full custom beefy connecting rods to support the new gap in the pistons.

the connecting rods shouldn't even be an option now since you've already shot-peened the stock ones, and have had them balanced. i feel the bottom end internals are pretty rock solid as is, but if you decided to go with upgraded connecting rods then you run the risk of having to match up the bearings, custom length wrist pins and all that B.S.

i say they should build you another set of pistons in exchange for the two sets they f'd up.

Thanks guys,
    ....its def there fault!,and i would like to see another set of pistons that are made for the job...but,im soo out of time,Sooooo out of patiance...Iv dropped the pistons,pins,rods into my engineer for them to mill and make the spacers...so things are still happening...i'll just grind off the JE stamp and add my initials.
    Yeh custom rods would have been nice for sure!!!...but yeh have already done so much to the OEM they should last!

Edit:LOL atpturbo send me a new turbine housing.....and it doest fit...turns out he sent the wrong one....CANT ANYBODY GET IT RIGHT....ANYBODY?????

:dead: is my new favorite emoticon

are you sure the spacers are really a good idea? being that high up on the assembly of the engine's bottom end, i would think if they weren't also balanced with the pistons, rods, crank and basically the whole "rolling assembly" that it would cause catastrophic vibration since they wont be true solid parts, where the correct pistons would be the correct gap and actually part of the piston itself.

as a design element, are the spacers going to be round, and free-floating where they could spin around the wrist pins, or square to form fit the gap and be less "bouncy" when at high rpms?

i have a really bad feeling about this paul!

:dead:Hahaha i can see this will be commen in all my Modification posts from here on...you'll see plenty of them when my engine explodes from poor tuning...or crappy pistons lol

your right man spacers arnt as good as a properly made piston!...
    after we mill the pistons they will need balancing along with the spacers,which will be round and have clearances similar to stock...they will be an accurate fit to keep any movment to a minimum!,hopfully we can pull this off!...

will keep you posted on how we go next week!

you should email them a link to the forums, and all the views and threads your project has.

sounds to me like this site alone is the wrong type of word-of-mouth sales JE wants for anyone planning on ordering custom work from them. that alone might make them willing to swap the pistons for you, cause i sure as hell will never order anything from them for my upcomming turbo project

FFS u have bad luck.
    its almost time you shoot someone
    -Logan-

Yeh bad luck seems the norm on this project...i dont expect the worst anymore...i just get it
    man i need to shoot more than one,and if i was confrontational enough i would send the link,but after whats happened i dont need the extra stress and argument...
    if i had 5 years to build this i would have them make another set...unfortunatly time is never on my side....and times a very high trump card.

Have been back to my engineers who are very busy...picked up the goods and taken them to another firm iv used before...there charging 300 for the milling and making the spacers...so quiet a bit more than what i would have payed at my usual engineer...but at least it will be completed by next wednesday!.

Will post some pics when i get them back!.

cheers,
    paul

Damn, too bad JE keeps getting it wrong. I know the frustration you are living through all too well.

In my turbo application I used Venolia:
    http://www.venolia.com/

We had a slight bore... so the pistons were a complete custom size application/build. They got it right the first time and I was very happy with the results.

Good luck,
    Jason
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(
    Dyno charts are cool... but trap times are proof. My Evo keeps me happy now.

Originally posted by JasonH
    Damn, too bad JE keeps getting it wrong. I know the frustration you are living through all too well.

In my turbo application I used Venolia:
    http://www.venolia.com/

We had a slight bore... so the pistons were a complete custom size application/build. They got it right the first time and I was very happy with the results.

Good luck,
    Jason
    Hey dont see you round much!...well i guess because you dont have a 202?...or do you?

yeh plenty of choice when it comes to custom pistons...i went with the most commen brand i see everyday expecting good results!...did you send venolia an OEM piston?,and did they pick up straight away it was a piston located rod setup?
    Wish i did happy