Thread: got a problem guys..

got a problem guys..

hi guys today i was planning to paint my cluster needles red on the 202 but finding it difficult to remover the needles i decided to give up before i snap them.

anyways after reinstalling the gauge cluster back in the car i was turning the car on and off a few times because the rpm needle didnt sit right so i was playing around with it to get it to '0'.

now i tryed turning on the car later on and the car wont start. i can hear the fuel pump going but i check for spark and the car isnt getting any. no spark.

the car is also starting to smell like rotten eggs each time i keep trying to crank it over.

could i have done something wrong by removing the gauge cluster? i dont think that would cause the car not to start?

any help would be much appreciated

dragz

its ok figured it out. just battery. mods can delete this thread.

btw if you really want to remove your needles you just have to force them to turn clockwise or anti-clockwise and you will remove them no problem. You wont even have to force them at all. They will come off easy.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

Originally posted by NEA-4311
    btw if you really want to remove your needles you just have to force them to turn clockwise or anti-clockwise and you will remove them no problem. You wont even have to force them at all. They will come off easy.
    how do u mean? wont that stuff the settings? u mean hold the metal rod with something then twist the actual plastic part of the needle left and right? looks very hard to get a hold of the rod from what i could see.

can u explain a bit better?

Sure, rotate the needle with your finger clockwise until it stops, then force it a BIT more while pulling it out in an unscrewing motion and it will come out easily. You also got a PM.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC