Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quick vote on colour...

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Yeh its probly worth it huh!,iv been in contact with a local brembo supplier and they gave me the full spec and every dimension possible for the calipers so that we can have minimal clearance,max lip on the front!...
    I think DEFINATLY install the kit as is,wait till it all settles and ajust a few months down the track...i think you will be happy without cutting that flashy new kit!!!

YIP...there step lip....do i sense some negativity here
    Im a bigger fan of step lip than i am reverse,as i have reverse now and i find it too plain for the setup im running...but you know me i havent exactly followed the herd on this car

Nice!another week to go and we'll see this KW kit!
    oh hell yeh its worth it.. get brakes.. they will stop your car with that 300hp!! my buddy witht e C-coupe and the Brabus motor.. he was running stock brakes.. he always complained he coudnt stop!!.. car was way too fast.. so I put C32 brakes on his car for him. no problems now.
    well thats good you have maximum lip and can still clear brakes.. I dont know what Im going to do when I get bigger brakes.. maybe need new wheels.. big brakes wont clear my Lowenharts..
    lol.. well not negativity really!!.. just not a huge fan of the step lip.. much prefer the reverse lip myself. but exactly what you said.. you havent the heard at all with your car. keep doing it too.. your car is the shit bro.
    yeh i guess i should let it settle for a few weeks.. see what it looks like.. should drop enought with 70mm right!!?.. whats that.. almost 3".. hmmm.. I may have to cut them!!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

The 332mm brembos are on the cards for sure!...just trying to work out how to get them here without huge cost!...it would be close to 6K to buy them local!!!...damn!
    yeh wheel clearances are an issue!,i almost went for big front lip and thought maybe i'll change the front later for BBK...but i think iv gone the right direction now for sure!...

Almost 3" thats a sh*t load man lol!definalty install at lowest setting and see how she looks!!
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

mmm lip,dont think i'll be see'n anywhere near this lol

Originally posted by 23K
    mmm lip,dont think i'll be see'n anywhere near this lol

i myself think that's a bit too much.

For sure!

i may have missed sumthin in the 3-4 pages but
    i say go with the silver personally. black are and gunmetal are iffy in my view.
    but damn good looking mags!
    p.s what u doin with your old mags
    -Logan-

Sup Logan,
    The whole deal's been a bit iffy!...I really dont know what colour they will be when they arrive!...It may look good,it maybe crap!...if how things have gone for the past year...they will turn up 15" in blue,100x4 and -29... :Paranoid:
    iv been as careful as possible to get all the specs for the GT brakes so the disk is a tight fit with the caliper and we get max lip...and we can always change colour later...it didnt cost anymore to choose gunmetal...the all silver benz needed some contrast!.

I think i'll hold onto the milanos until the new wheels are all on then flickem for what i can get!!?

yea, they still make spacers too!
    but after saying opposite i have faith in your tuning eye and the gunmetal will end up looking good, and fair call about the all silver thing.
    haha yea knowing ur luck they wont get here for like 5 months be well over twice the quoted price, and then not work properly, and then youl probebly leave a key out when installing them
    haha - its all gud tho
    -Logan-

haha careful Kama might bite my ass again....again

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    The 332mm brembos are on the cards for sure!...just trying to work out how to get them here without huge cost!...it would be close to 6K to buy them local!!!...damn!
    yeh wheel clearances are an issue!,i almost went for big front lip and thought maybe i'll change the front later for BBK...but i think iv gone the right direction now for sure!...

Almost 3" thats a sh*t load man lol!definalty install at lowest setting and see how she looks!!
    DAMN!!!!.. $6000... WHAT?!! I can get them over here for like $3500 or something.. why so much your way?
    yes definetly.. I wish I had been more aware of brake clearances when I got my 3 piece lowenharts.. would have got somehting that can clear HUGE brakes!!
    I may have to get some new wheels!! but dont know when that will be.

yeppers!!.. I would say almost 3" drop.. if not a 3" drop!!.. Im just worried about it not dropping enough when I put it in.. I only have shop night once a month at work to work on my car.. so Id like to do it the first time and have it sit right.. I figure Im going to have to put the adjusters at teh max low setting.. but if I cut 1/2 coil off the front and 1/4 coil off the rear I can adjust them to about the middle of the adjuster and have them with room to move either way still.
    Im still keen on cutting the springs!
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    DAMN!!!!.. $6000... WHAT?!! I can get them over here for like $3500 or something.. why so much your way?
    yes definetly.. I wish I had been more aware of brake clearances when I got my 3 piece lowenharts.. would have got somehting that can clear HUGE brakes!!
    I may have to get some new wheels!! but dont know when that will be.

yeppers!!.. I would say almost 3" drop.. if not a 3" drop!!.. Im just worried about it not dropping enough when I put it in.. I only have shop night once a month at work to work on my car.. so Id like to do it the first time and have it sit right.. I figure Im going to have to put the adjusters at teh max low setting.. but if I cut 1/2 coil off the front and 1/4 coil off the rear I can adjust them to about the middle of the adjuster and have them with room to move either way still.
    Im still keen on cutting the springs!

Yeh not cheap depending on how i get them here!...iv found them for around 2780USD(4343NZD) without frieght and the possible tax issues!!...so it'll be a while until they end up on the 202.

Its your call man,i guess thats one way to do it!...well...you know what i think

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Yeh not cheap depending on how i get them here!...iv found them for around 2780USD(4343NZD) without frieght and the possible tax issues!!...so it'll be a while until they end up on the 202.

Its your call man,i guess thats one way to do it!...well...you know what i think
    WOW!1.. thats expensive for those brakes.. any cheaper to get the C32 brakes?.. then get aftermarket rotors in 2 piece floating design? yeh I can see why the Brembo kit isnt on the list of things to get right now!!
    lol.. yeh I know what you think!.. Im still keen on cutting them though!

Sweet.. those wheels look pretty dope dude.. I like.. the step lip is growing on me now!!