Thread: Oil in spark plug compartment, causing my misfire

Question Oil in spark plug compartment, causing my misfire

Recently I posted a topic on my car misfiring, well me being lazy I havent done anything about it. I noticed when I popped off the cover to see my spark plugs, there was oil, not much but do you think this is causing the misfire? My misfire only occurs when I put the pedal to the metal OR when I make turns. Everytime I do a sharp corner or turn BOOM my car goes into limp mode and shakes like a drag racing car.

Please help
    Thanks
    Daniel

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

When you make turns is interesting!,sounds like a dodgy wire!
    unless the oil was full of carbon and was right up inside the spark plug boot i dont see why it would effect it,but it could!...waters a whole other story though!!

I havent seen your other posts...so im guessing you have checked your spark plug gaps,the state of your ignition leads,coils,and primary supply wires from the ECU??...

Paul
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

vavle cover gasket.... you need to fix the obvious problem first... don't be lazy. takes about 25mins of your time

Ok so i ordered a gasket kit with the spark plug boots, (came in the kit). I also bought new 4 point spark plugs. They came in this morning so it looks like the repair is happening tonight.

great place to buy from by the way www.azautohaus.com, pretty cheap prices and fast shipping to california.

anyway i will let you guys know what happened once i finish it all.

Thanks guys

end: laziness

C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

those 4 prong plugs aren't correct for your vehicle.

Changed valve cover gasket, which included the spark plug boots all changed, threw in some new spark plugs...AND..............

still get the same problem....

im going to try to replace the next part in the process, the cheapest part, which is the spark plug connector to cylinder 2.

Then i guess the wiring...

C 230 040 Blacked Out

Originally posted by FreeStyler
    Changed valve cover gasket, which included the spark plug boots all changed, threw in some new spark plugs...AND..............

still get the same problem....

im going to try to replace the next part in the process, the cheapest part, which is the spark plug connector to cylinder 2.

Then i guess the wiring...
    Read my post ...

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...threadid=10616

I would think its mostly that pesky MAF sensor, just cleaning mine with electrical contact cleaner made a world of difference..
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

i had a friend with a similar problem in a different vehicle.

turns out his gas tank was dented adn whenever he turned or did something else to shift weight the are where the fuel pump/pickup was went dry and the car would just die.

i dunno if it helps, but might get the brain thinking outside the box

::Updat::

Problem still occurs. Especially right after a sharp or long turn. Or sometimes if I take my foot off the pedal for a minute while im driving then hit the accelerator again limp mode triggers.

However, after changing the spark plugs and valve cover gasket and spark plug boots the problem happens a lot less often then before, and now the check engine light shuts off by itself every now and then.

Hmmm

Dan

C 230 040 Blacked Out

Another note, as soon as my car shakes and goes into limp mode it never dies. My car never dies on me, it keeps running. However, as soon as i pull over during the shaking and restart my car everything is fine. It feels as if I reset something. Then the problem goes away for a bit, and then happens again. THen I pull over again and restart the car and bam everything is fine again.

I cant figure this out.

Dan

C 230 040 Blacked Out

It feels as if I reset something. Then the problem goes away for a bit, and then happens again. THen I pull over again and restart the car and bam everything is fine again.

I cant figure this out.

Dan
    im not 100% on this but in my manual thier is a really sketchy insinuation you can take the car out of limp mode with the selector you shutdown, then turn on and wait 10 seconds then goto park, then straight to drive or something as i said i couldnt be sure if that was what it was trying to say.
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

UPDATE:

Mechanic has told me that the alternator has gone bad. Do you think this would cause a rough idle?

He said my SRS is light is also on because of this. And he said that my front windshield defroster comes on occasionally by itself because of this problem.

Hmm.

Dan

C 230 040 Blacked Out

UPDATE:

Mechanic has told me that the alternator has gone bad. Do you think this would cause a rough idle?

He said my SRS is light is also on because of this. And he said that my front windshield defroster comes on occasionally by itself because of this problem.

Hmm.

Dan
    sounds like you could use some new muffler bearings too!