Thread: Streetglow gone bad

Streetglow gone bad

I was mounting streetglo in the shop today and I drilled through something underneath the drivers seat, the screw sparked and then proceeded to melt in half... Im not sure what I hit, everything seems to be working fine but Im wondering what I drilled into..

thanks, mark
    \'95 C220 (parted out, winter DD)

\'06 G35 Coupe 6MT

19\" Axis Hiro
    Eibach Pro-kit
    Smoked tails

its becuase you were installeing streetglow on a benz
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

^ what he said
    -Logan-

^^^:nospeech

lolz bad luck...you probly hit a few big gauge 12V feeds,it may not have blown a fuse,but you should investigate by removing the door sills/and or seat,lifting carpet and poping open the cable trunking to check damage...if it melted the screw...it melted some of the wire also!
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Hey, if done tastfully, underglow can look good, what about this brabus underglow thing i have heard ppl rave about, thats ok, but street glow isnt. Andway, ya just check in teh "drill zone for any f'ed up wires and replce them. Hopefully u didnt hit anything to major and everything will work out. This is what im takeing about, how is that much different then the streetglow, even though i dont like streetglow as a brand.

The only major difference i see between these 2 pic is that one is a solid light while the other is dots and one is on a POS and the other is on a car worth a damn
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    Full audio with MTX, Alpine, And Rf parts
    custom a-pillar pod

rollinrealbig
    id want Brabus lights on the sides front and back. call me a ricer if you want but I like it.

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    id want Brabus lights on the sides front and back. call me a ricer if you want but I like it.
    same here.....i'd go for the brabus kit but anything else is just tacky on a BENZ!

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

rollinrealbig
    tacky or not, brabus is the only kit that looks evenly lighted, all the other neon crap > the light on the ground is soo uneven.

Originally posted by jnolte
    its becuase you were installeing streetglow on a benz
    lool

the brabus is not one of those ricer lights....
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

I agree with a lot of you here. I usually HATE neon crap, but the Brabus one is off the hook! I love the way it looks on the Benz.
    2011 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S. Tronic Ti Package
    APR FMIC
    APR Stage II Software
    Carbonio Intake
    B&B Turboback Exhaust

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT (Sold)
    1999 C 280 Sport (Sold)
    1995 C 280 (Sold)

Originally posted by davis449
    I agree with a lot of you here. I usually HATE neon crap, but the Brabus one is off the hook! I love the way it looks on the Benz.
    ...yeah on white soil!!!! Are you guys serious? Streetglow is not cool, brabus or not. After that Its up to you offcourse. These guys try to make money, its only natural... whatever.:bandit:
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

ya i would have to agree, glow just does not belong on a benz, the money is better invested in some HID head lights or something or at least a sub, a sub will turn heads to.
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710