Hello Everyone,

First, let me begin by saying that this is an awesome site. It's really great to be able to communicate with people with whom I have at least one thing in common...a W202 mercedes.

My question is as follows:

My drivers side speakers don't work most of the time. Sometimes if I brake really hard they suddenly pop in, and I'm in audio heaven. But, as soon as I release the brake, the speakers stop functioning.

Bear with me as I recount the history of fixes for this.

When I first noticed the problem 2 years ago, I took it to a dealership and had them take a look at it. They suggested that it was the stock head unit. Now we all know how much these things cost, so it was recommended that I buy an aftermarket unit since it would be cheaper and probably better quality. I bought an Alpine unit and installed it, and it didn't fix the problem.

My next step (by the way, I kept the Alpine) was to go to another dealership and have them look at it. Apparently they tested all the wires and found no shorts. At this point they suggested that it was the amp. So I bought a FACTORY, replacement amp, installed it, and it didn't fix the problem.

Okay. I took it to a third dealership. They "checked all of the obvious problems," still no fix. Finally, I took it to one more dealership and they tried almost everything. They tested the amp and replaced the speakers and still the problem persists.

Has anyone else out there had this problem? If so, have you fixed it, and what did you do to fix it? Sorry to make my first post so long, but I really would like to fix this.

Kenny