Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bummin' on Bekkers

Bummin' on Bekkers

Three weeks after ordering clear corners to replace my smashed stock driver's side turn signal, Bekkers still has not gotten the part in.

Everytime I call, Tony says, "Next week." My other favorite response is, "Call us back tomorrow and we'll know when we'll get them in."

I really don't want to buy the aftermarket lights. I also don't want to buy the stock lights. But I want to get this done. So does anyone know another place where I can get Bosch clear corners?

Thanks in advance!

I would too like to know where else we can get Bosch Clear Corners for maybe cheaper than bekkers? 110$ sounds a lot for a pair of corners...
    1997 C280 Sport

formymercedes.com has a set for $56 i m not sure about the quality of them compared to the bosch oem clear corners though, but if anyone knows id like to find out because if i can save $50 id like to heh

same shit with my grill! 1 month now.. pissed
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

same with my grill, too. carbon grill was discontinued, and the avant garde is supposedly stuck in customs...

been almost a month now...

Well, I've given up on them. It just took too long.

But FYI, a friend of mine that owns a body shop in Van Nuys said that his parts supplier has informed him that the Bosch OEM clears have been discontinued. Looks like its aftermarket or nothing.

Now how the hell can a grill get stuck in customs?

Just called. Grills apparently arrived today and are being unpacked, checked and labelled. I'm told that my grill is going to ship tomorrow.

Damn.. my shit better go out 2moro than to! gessh finally. they shold give us like free express shipping for taking over a month!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

Originally posted by Prez

Now how the hell can a grill get stuck in customs?
    many, many reasons.

Improper manifest/documents for example.

But in this case, it sounds like the source is the one to blame.

Post pictures up when you have the grill installed.

good luck!

I spent over a month waiting for them to get a set of euro lights for my w201 ordered. Towards the end, I was calling daily, and they kept telling me..."ummmm...I dunno when they will be shipped....possibly this Friday they will be leaving Germany (on a Monday)". I gave up, called capitol west (capitolwest.com) in CA and had a new set at my door one day later w/o any fuss. IMHO and experience, Bekkers is overpriced and equally disorganized.
    1999 C43 AMG ~ 744 w/ black int., eibachs, mostly stock

1991 190e 2.6 ~ Blacked out, too many mods to list.....project 5.6L m117 swap underway

Does anyone else sell the avantgarde grills that Bekkers does?

Or even better, the carbon fiber ones they sold, but which are now apparently discontinued?

eBAY!!!
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    eBAY!!!
    Yeah heh i got one (a complete kit) for £23!

hope its not a peace of poop..
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

called again today. the grills are in, being unpacked, and are supposed to ship tomorrow.

will call again tomorrow.

In Charge
    Dont know whats going on here, but I've had nothing but good experiences with Bekkers, and I've been buying stuff from them for almost 6 years.

Sounds like you guys hit a bad time or something. Possibly dont have items in stock?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Well, it's been a month...
    Just called - a little late - nobody home.

talked today, grills going out wed or thurs with 3 day shipping to anyone waiting.... over a month later but at least im gettin it...
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

yesterday he said they were going out today. last week he said they were going out last wednesday.

Originally posted by unHookt
    yesterday he said they were going out today. last week he said they were going out last wednesday.
    you may actually get them by christmas. then again, mabye not.

so whats the deal with bekkers worth buying from or no? i was planning on ordering the carbon lgrill for my C280 and possibly my eibach springs

carbon grill is discontinued partner.

Originally posted by unHookt
    carbon grill is discontinued partner.
    on their website they still list it for sale and order.

http://www.bekkers.com/Merchant2/mer...illaccessories

In Charge
    Why dont you call and ask? If they say its in stock then question why so many people at Club202 are still waiting for theirs.

C'mon you can do some of the footwork yourself.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Bekkers is bad news

Well, I called 5 minutes ago and spoke with Tony (not Anthony - different guy). I'm pretty pissed.

Monday, Anthony told me that the grills had arrived, were in the process of being unpacked as we spoke, and that they would be ready to ship today (Wednesday) at the latest. I've been hearing these kinds of promises since I ordered my new grill back on September 3rd! (Yes, it's Oct. 4th today)

Now, Tony tells me that the grills did not come in at all. They are supposedly communicating with the shipper to find out where they are. Yeah, right.

These guys have obviously been feeding me bulls**t for a month now. Meanwhile, they continue to indicate on their site that these items are in stock and available for purchase, roping other suckers like me in. Is this how Bekkers does business?

Is there anywhere else (reputable - not eBay) where I can buy these grills? I'm looking for a quality product, not inserts, not stickers, not crap.

o man if i find out that they really havnt showed up im gunna rage.... how ridiculous!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.