Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy - HID Conversion Kit

Group Buy - HID Conversion Kit

UPDATE LATER...
    744 CULT!

Ideally I'd pay around $150 for it, but max $200. what brand are the ballasts and bulbs? I don't want something that's going to crap out in 366 days.

I'd be interested in depending on quality and price as well.
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

depends on price and quality!
    1997 C280 Sport

In Charge
    Is this kit utilizing the Halogen housings?

If so, thanks for blinding all those people on the road.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    Is this kit utilizing the Halogen housings?

If so, thanks for blinding all those people on the road.
    didn't slammed c find a contraption that fixed that problem? maybe he can chime in . . .

K Sport Driver- I will ask what brand it is...pretty much HID's last longer than halogens in the first place...either or HIDs are illegal to sell lmao as far as i know and as far as ryhi told me

JDoggery and 97280-it should be less than 200 of course because there are a few people interested already

Denlasoul-Blinding people is my hobby hahaha but yah i was thinking of making projectors for my odyssey touring just so i wouldnt blind people but whatever =] haha are you interested?

solodough - i will look for that, are you interested?

btw check the list above if you want me to move you than let me know so i can deal him out
    744 CULT!

Hehe I was thinking to put these in my Ody too! But I don't know if i should get a projector.. Do these kit work in the regular headlight, halogen ( don't want to blind people!) I'm going to ask a friend cause he's been telling me he really wants a HID kit.
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    Hehe I was thinking to put these in my Ody too! But I don't know if i should get a projector.. Do these kit work in the regular headlight, halogen ( don't want to blind people!) I'm going to ask a friend cause he's been telling me he really wants a HID kit.
    hahah sweeet i saw the projector post on odyclub...it was sweeeet i was doing some research and supposedly HIDs on the odyssey arent bad...and yes they work on regular halogen headlights...its a conversion kit...im doing it for sure...to bad you dont live down here in socal we could have a odyssey/202 meet hahaha

just let me know
    744 CULT!

personal experience

Let me share my experience with you guys
    I installed the HID conversion kit (different brand) in my car 2 weeks ago. Price is $150 for plug and play... very easy, took me 40 min for a professional quality job. Because the light beam is whiter, so it "seems" to be significant brighter than the Silverstar halogen bulbs I had... but ofcourse it is nowhere as bright as the HID on my friend's 3 series. And to my suprise: no glare from opposite direction (or maybe insignificant).

Note: be awared that these kits' quality is so inconsistance. My original order came with unmatched color bulbs (despite correct part #), took 2 replacements to get it right. As I found out, they have so many replacements due to unmatched color bulbs. Seem to be the common problem. Also the whole kit cost around $150, yet the replacement bulbs cost $90/pairs

Re: personal experience

Originally posted by nguyenphananh
    Let me share my experience with you guys
    I installed the HID conversion kit (different brand) in my car 2 weeks ago. Price is $150 for plug and play... very easy, took me 40 min for a professional quality job. Because the light beam is whiter, so it "seems" to be significant brighter than the Silverstar halogen bulbs I had... but ofcourse it is nowhere as bright as the HID on my friend's 3 series. And to my suprise: no glare from opposite direction (or maybe insignificant).

Note: be awared that these kits' quality is so inconsistance. My original order came with unmatched color bulbs (despite correct part #), took 2 replacements to get it right. As I found out, they have so many replacements due to unmatched color bulbs. Seem to be the common problem. Also the whole kit cost around $150, yet the replacement bulbs cost $90/pairs

may i ask what brand that was?
    And as well as what temp bulbs you used? Because its a known fact that 4300K and 6000K are the temps you should get in order to fully get brightness compared to 8000k+ when the color begins to change the brightness seems to decrease. i dont know if you can understand that because it was hard to put into words. Oh your first order came with unmatched color bulbs. Well i dont really have anything to say except for the fact that i am checking every kit and i want to make sure each kit is properly sent out because it would just be a waste of money and time. I will most definitely bring these issues up though when i check the kits out. Thank you for your input =] P.S. i also had silverstars and i must say HIDs and silverstars have a huge difference in my opinion
    744 CULT!

what is the difference between a kit like this or the dozens online and ebay. some of those can be had for less than $150
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport, 197
    The modding has started. Too many to list. Stay Tuned.

Re: Re: personal experience

Originally posted by Superpnoy
    may i ask what brand that was?
    And as well as what temp bulbs you used? Because its a known fact that 4300K and 6000K are the temps you should get in order to fully get brightness compared to 8000k+ when the color begins to change the brightness seems to decrease. i dont know if you can understand that because it was hard to put into words. Oh your first order came with unmatched color bulbs. Well i dont really have anything to say except for the fact that i am checking every kit and i want to make sure each kit is properly sent out because it would just be a waste of money and time. I will most definitely bring these issues up though when i check the kits out. Thank you for your input =] P.S. i also had silverstars and i must say HIDs and silverstars have a huge difference in my opinion
    The brand is Pilot HID.... seems to be popular on ebay (after Mc Culloch). I did research for months before start the project. I know what you are trying to say: it is LUMEN (number of candles) you tried to convey. It is function, not cosmetic, that I went after. My kit is 4300K (3200 lumens) and H7. You cant inspect visually... they all look perfect. My first bulbs were both 4300K as indicated on the bulbs (look perfect), but after installed, 1 beam looked yellowish, the other is whitish. I sent them back, they matched the whitish and send me a new set of ...6000K (whitish) !! So I sent them back again and exchange for a pair of 4300K (they look a little yellowish). Like I said, the quality seems to be inconsistance at best (they told me they have lots of mismatch color issue, good to know after I already boght from them), no matter what the numbers said.b

from my experience, if you have $, go for the real stuff (Phillips, Hella) D2S, D2R... cost a little more, require a little involve.... but the quality is consistent, you know what u are getting, and you know that they will last

woot
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

haha yah well as all of you always know the saying "you get what you pay for" well i spoke to the guy and he knows where i am coming from 2 of my friends and i are going to get the kit for sure, if you all want to wait and see what happens and my input on it than ill gladly get a hold of the guy for the kit as he he told me i dont need to buy all at once. If this is the route i have to take than so be it.
    744 CULT!

Superpnoy
    can you check with the guy if he is selling the replacement bulbs? and how much is it for a set (2) of bulbs? (4300K, H7). With a quality of these bulbs, I might need a spare, also please ask him if his bulbs com with wire attached?
    Thank you

1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    How much cheaper than this? http://www.xenonguru.com/products/h4...hid_kits.shtml
    the head guy for that website is the one im talking to...might go as low as 25 percent off but that one guy makes a good point about the ebay kits...its up to you guys if you want to go the ebay route good luck with that...the only problem i think is would cost money is shipping...that is why im a bit bleh right now thinking of whats the best route i mean for me i can just pick it up because i dont live far from the location.
    744 CULT!

Superpnoy
    can you check with the guy if he is selling the replacement bulbs? and how much is it for a set (2) of bulbs? (4300K, H7). With a quality of these bulbs, I might need a spare, also please ask him if his bulbs com with wire attached?
    Thank you
    i will ask him
    744 CULT!

If its really 25% off then the set including the shipping from the site ($9.99) will cost 160$
    1997 C280 Sport

it should be around that price if you want to do it along with us than let me know...i will give him your information when i go pick up my kit so he can ship you the stuff and give you the proper invoice you will be considered as buying it with me its just i want them to handle the shipping so just in case something happens they have the legallity to do what is necessary.
    744 CULT!

Superpnoy
    Do you have his business address? is he around here? Im living in santa ana, should be closed to u ( Im UCI alumni. )

Superpnoy
    Do you have his business address? is he around here? Im living in santa ana, should be closed to u ( Im UCI alumni. )
    wow hahaha i go to school in Santa Ana - Art Insitute! crazzzzy yah i ahve his business address but im dealing with him personally ill keep you updated as well =]
    744 CULT!

Damn u lucky ,

still going to school and have 202 to skid around? how many chicks do you date at the time.... haha j/k