Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat hood emblem is ugly

Flat hood emblem is ugly

I just got mine and put it on from bekkers and it was ugly I took it and stomped on it it was so fugly
    98 c230
    Clear OEM corners
    Xenon interiors
    **RIP**

i love my hood star
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Where did you get it from cuz i wanna get a new one
    98 c230
    Clear OEM corners
    Xenon interiors
    **RIP**

Some gad damned mother f*&cker ripped off my star this evening. Boy, am I pissed. One thing I will say for flat emblems, I don't hear of them being ripped off.

damn wtf who the hell does that? sorry man
    98 c230
    Clear OEM corners
    Xenon interiors
    **RIP**

try this on for size:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Small...spagenameZWDVW
    they are smaller, which fits in the indent on the hood where the star sits. very good quality. the texture looks great in person. a friend here got a silver that i saw a while ago.

sweet this will fit right on the indent thanks alot man
    98 c230
    Clear OEM corners
    Xenon interiors
    **RIP**

Originally posted by stox
    Some gad damned mother f*&cker ripped off my star this evening. Boy, am I pissed. One thing I will say for flat emblems, I don't hear of them being ripped off.
    brand new they're only $25 from the stealership. the first thing i've ever seen them price reasonably.

Originally posted by trymonlam
    try this on for size:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Small...spagenameZWDVW
    they are smaller, which fits in the indent on the hood where the star sits. very good quality. the texture looks great in person. a friend here got a silver that i saw a while ago.
    yuck.

hey I dont have an amg so I cant have the emblem i cant be a poser
    98 c230
    Clear OEM corners
    Xenon interiors
    **RIP**

i still cant get the flat hood emblem in my head...the star is just soo much better..
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

so true the old star is better man trust me
    98 c230
    Clear OEM corners
    Xenon interiors
    **RIP**

gotta agree, respect the star.
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

Yeah the hood star owns it...
    2011 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S. Tronic Ti Package
    APR FMIC
    APR Stage II Software
    Carbonio Intake
    B&B Turboback Exhaust

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT (Sold)
    1999 C 280 Sport (Sold)
    1995 C 280 (Sold)

Im for the star all the way, but p. guilty, man, u got to be kidding about not liking the AMG flat emblem... I love that version.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

Originally posted by NEA-4311
    Im for the star all the way, but p. guilty, man, u got to be kidding about not liking the AMG flat emblem... I love that version.
    sorry man, different strokes for different folks!

i bought those AMG silver ones a while back but like the star so much, i havent got round to putting them on! worried about misjudging the front because the star is a good guide!
    Alps
    C36 AMG 1997 18\" Mono II, Light Smoke tints, Avantgarde grill, folding dimming 210 mirrors, H&R`s, Alpine Multimedia, Soundstream, OEM Xenons more to come.....

good point. the star tells us exactly where the front of the car is
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

Wow, glad to see there are still a group of us who aren't flat-emblem fanatics.

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

i like both. i usually swap from hood star to flat every now n then.

i am always getting my star yanked out...thats pretty much the downside of it, besides that i simply love it...really helps me while parking.....

Originally posted by Abuimad
    i am always getting my star yanked out...thats pretty much the downside of it, besides that i simply love it...really helps me while parking.....
    got the same problem here in china. people just love stealing these stuff, i was told it was for collection's sake. a retarded hobby if you ask me.
    numerous family owned mercs' had their stars stolen, and some asshole used a hammer and a flathead screwdriver to chisel out one of the wheel badges on my jag. and they took the damn leaping cat too.

damn now thats crazy, but i remember when i was around 6th or 7th grade, it was cool in my school to have a benz star on a chain lol...i tried to steal a couple but i could never do it, so i ended up paying for one lol...

Hood emblems

Do they make the Mercedes star flat emblem in this smaller enamelled style rather than the cheap plastic too-large flat badge the dealer offers?

Here is Southern California I never see Benz's missing their stars, I think it's more a matter that literally every fifth car you see is a Mercedes. Back in the Midwest where I grew up you wouldn't be able to keep a star on your hood for more than a couple months before it was stolen.

I put the flat badge on when traveling as it's less of a target, but I do prefer the stand-up star in general.
    Click to see pics of my
    \'99 c230 Kompressor (Brilliant Silver)
    \'04 Porsche Cayenne S

Most models now have flat hood emblems, do a little search and you will be able to find the models that have the same as ours.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC