Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Headlights are here, live pics!

Originally posted by yusuke280
    HID's are cheap.

with normal halogen bulb / projector, you wont see sh!t.

http://www.cqlight.ca
    their just 200 bucks, just buy it.
    Tnx for suggestion, and, one more question, you mean on projector headlights generaly or you mean on these projectors (made in Taiwan)?
    :-)

I found some cheap HID kit on ebay for around $130 shipped (US). just throw a set on and try it out. if you dont like it, sell them after.

and i am with everyone here. .show us some PICS PICS PICS !~~
    2000 W202 C230K SE (Sold)
    2007 W203 C230

Originally posted by sanf
    I found some cheap HID kit on ebay for around $130 shipped (US). just throw a set on and try it out. if you dont like it, sell them after.

and i am with everyone here. .show us some PICS PICS PICS !~~
    Tnx for this info, I will post pics very soon!
    Maybe I can take some pics when car isn't finished?
    ;-)

Re: Headlights are here, live pics!

Sweet! If my C43 does not come with HIDs, I would jump on it. It would give your W202 a new freshen up look!

Re: Re: Headlights are here, live pics!

Originally posted by Lordkoo
    Sweet! If my C43 does not come with HIDs, I would jump on it. It would give your W202 a new freshen up look!
    I think all C43s come with HIDs, don't they?

Re: Re: Re: Headlights are here, live pics!

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    I think all C43s come with HIDs, don't they?
    Nope... It is an option. Most C43 without headlight wipers do not have factory HIDs.

Originally posted by grga
    Tnx for suggestion, and, one more question, you mean on projector headlights generaly or you mean on these projectors (made in Taiwan)?
    :-)
    generally, projectors. see, u have double layers of lens and the cut-off shield for the light to pass through.

im REALLY curious to see how the beam-patterns for your projectors are.

PLEASE make sure you take a picture inside your car facing towards a wall with your lights (projector) on. lets say around a good 6-7 meters.
    1995 W202 C220 | 50,xxxkm | From Burgundy Red, to 650 Calcite White | H&R Cup Kit | 18" 8.5 & 9.5 Work Varianza T1S, 18" 8.5 & 10 AMG Monoblock | Falken 452 | Avantgarde Grill | Philips Diamond Vision 5000K H1 & H3 | Goodridge SS lines | R1 Drilled & Slotted Rotors | K&N 57i CAI | Remus Exhaust

generally, projectors. see, u have double layers of lens and the cut-off shield for the light to pass through.

PLEASE make sure you take a picture inside your car facing towards a wall with your lights (projector) on. lets say around a good 6-7 meters.
    F**k, I'd rather buy some ordinary crystal clear headlights if I knew that...

Well, we'll see what will going on now. I can take some pictures tommorow but car isn't done yet...

Beam-pattern(s) is EXCELLENT, looks like cuted with knife, very sharp edge between light and darkness. I'm just worried because od pretty weak light output but I think it's bulbs issue.

Beam-pattern(s) is EXCELLENT, looks like cuted with knife, very sharp edge between light and darkness. I'm just worried because od pretty weak light output but I think it's bulbs issue.
    yes it looks weak because your running halogens. HID's is a must, ull be hard time illuminating the road.

nice if u have a sharp cut off. but we'll have to see the left and right sides.

make sure u take a pic.
    cheers
    1995 W202 C220 | 50,xxxkm | From Burgundy Red, to 650 Calcite White | H&R Cup Kit | 18" 8.5 & 9.5 Work Varianza T1S, 18" 8.5 & 10 AMG Monoblock | Falken 452 | Avantgarde Grill | Philips Diamond Vision 5000K H1 & H3 | Goodridge SS lines | R1 Drilled & Slotted Rotors | K&N 57i CAI | Remus Exhaust

yes it looks weak because your running halogens. HID's is a must, ull be hard time illuminating the road.

nice if u have a sharp cut off. but we'll have to see the left and right sides.

make sure u take a pic.
    cheers
    Yep, very sharp cut off (with that "multicolor redbluishviolet line" between dark and light side.
    I think that Osram (Sylvania) Silverstar +50% will solve that, at least temporary, until I get some more money to buy BOSCH HID Conversion Kit from ebay.

Re: Headlights are here, live pics!

The new lights look sweet man. I was wondering though, what year is your car? And if it is a 98 or newer do you still have your old passenger side headlight assembly?

Re: Re: Headlights are here, live pics!

Originally posted by Wermacht123
    The new lights look sweet man. I was wondering though, what year is your car? And if it is a 98 or newer do you still have your old passenger side headlight assembly?
    Nope, my car is 1996... and passenger side is broken anyway.
    :-(

Re: Re: Re: Headlights are here, live pics!

Nope, my car is 1996... and passenger side is broken anyway.
    :-(
    Oh no good, Im not actually looking for the whole assembly, just the little metal clip that holds in the fog ligh bulb, all pre 98 models hav a clip that is way to big, I took one off of a 97 and it was huge. If you know anyone that has this piece it would be sweet.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Headlights are here, live pics!

Originally posted by Wermacht123
    Oh no good, Im not actually looking for the whole assembly, just the little metal clip that holds in the fog ligh bulb, all pre 98 models hav a clip that is way to big, I took one off of a 97 and it was huge. If you know anyone that has this piece it would be sweet.
    post a pic ... I might have have the piece your looking for!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Headlights are here, live pics!

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    post a pic ... I might have have the piece your looking for!
    I dont have a digital camera, but I will try my best to describe it. This is only for a 98 or newer with halogen lights, not HIDs. If you go into the passenger side headlight assembly, right underneath the lowbeam lightbulb there should be another smaller light. That is the foglight bulb. that bulb is held in place by a small metal clip, about the size of your thumb. It is made out of metal wire, prolly 1/16th of an inch thick. To remove this clip you first have to remove the wires that plug into the bulb. Then pull on the bottom of the clip, it should pop out upwards, then you might have to pry it out of the hinge on the opposite side. Its really pretty easy to find, but i hope you can help me out, i havent been able to find a replacement anywhere, and my father works for a dealer. Its just one of those parts that they dont sell seperatly from the whole assembly. Any help would be much appreicated.

so sorry to thread jack, Wermacht123 I sent you a PM w/picture

I've just came from my mechanic. It's impossible to take some pictures because my car is all over in paper (they are preparing for painting).

So, pics will be available next week, monday or tuesday.
    ;-)

Lo guys!

Car was finished yesterday and it looks great, I'll post some pics later in the afternoon.
    ;-)

Before:
    http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beforeka0.jpg

After:
    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1688/after001bu2.jpg
    http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8288/after002xr1.jpg

That's it. The only "issue" I have atm is a little bit inside fogging but everything else is OK.

:hmmm: They look nice but I dont know... I thought I would like these better than mine, but I kinda still like mine a bit more...
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

Originally posted by NEA-4311
    :hmmm: They look nice but I dont know... I thought I would like these better than mine, but I kinda still like mine a bit more...
    I'll take some pics on sunny day and with clean heads, trust me, it looks MUCH better live, those pics are taken in some ugly rainy weather.

grga,

Very classy and modern looking upgrade. Look forward to seeing some nightshots of the high and low beam pattern against your garage door!

Cheers

Originally posted by OzC36
    grga,

Very classy and modern looking upgrade. Look forward to seeing some nightshots of the high and low beam pattern against your garage door!

Cheers
    Tnx m8!
    Of course, we'll have to wait for some nice weather forecast for that.
    ;-)

i think they look excellent. i would really like to see them on a facelift W202, or with a WALD kit

i think the only part that rubs me the wrong way is the corner signals.