Thread: 220 front calipers to 202

220 front calipers to 202

220 caliper appears to be the same as a c32 caliper (Brembo casting numbers are the same on both calipers). I've been trying to find a disk that will work on my 202 with the 220 caliper.

At this point I don't care about bleeder/small piston/large piston issue, (the calipers are easy to disassemble fix the bleeder/small/large issue) or wheel clearance.

All I need is a source and stock number for a front disk that will work.

Can anyone help??????

I can't tell you if the W220 caliper will bolt up to the W202 properly with any rotor configuration, but I can give you a little advise from experience. The W220 caliper looks very similar to the C32 version but it may be very different in offset both laterally and centrifugally. The 2 caliper halves that house the pistons are the same and may have the same casting numbers, but the center mount portion may be different. Several MB models use this same design of caliper and to the uneducated eye they look the same, but few are. The W163 M-class, W211 E-class, W219 CLS-class, C209 CLK-class, R129 SL-class, R230 SL-class, R171 SLK-class all use the same similar calipers, but the caliper and rotor offsets are very different. Unfortunately for you the W220 offset is the most aggressive of all the brake combinations and the W202 is the most shallow. From my experience your best bet at finding a rotor to fit would be either form the R129 or from the W203 C32 because they both have very shallow offset similar to the W202. Good luck.......
    http://www.sg-motorsports.com