Thread: I love Audio Bus Input

I love Audio Bus Input

I have had my Sony HU for a while now & never really had time to screw with it until about a week ago. I noticed it had an Audio Bus input when I bought it but thought nothing of it.
    But DAMN am I loving it now. I hooked up a set of 3' RCA's to it & ran them down the center console to where the rear Ashtry is(will hard mount them this coming weekend). Now whenever we take long trips(will be more frequent now that school for my son is over), or I just want to listen to an ass load of songs. I can plug in my laptop or portable DVD player. Takes 10 seconds to plug in & remove( so it doesnt get stolen). I have MANY movies & songs at my disposal now. Not to mention wireless internet(my wife can chat on IM while we drive around town..I love it).
    In about May timeframe( around my birthday). My wife is letting me put in a flip up screen on the dash( right next to the cluster where the 2 seams run up the center) & one in each head rest. Also a DVD player in the empty space below the radio.
    I have been told to put in a carputer..I see absolutely no reason to do that. As they are rather expensive. I already have the laptop, ect.. at my disposal & do not have to hardwire anything.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I have a few pics & small vid up once my camera batteries charge.
    Small things like this make me soo happy.
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch

Can you explain how you receive wireless internet while driving? Sounds interesting but is this a function of the equipment you installed, or the laptop and wifi nic?

It is both the wifi & my service provider. I have a wireless reciever that I can take in the car with me that runs off batteries. I use that for anything I need to incript like checking my bank statements online & such.
    If I loose connection with my provider it automatically switches to one of the wifi conncetions( which there are hundreds of here, so normally connectivity is never a problem).
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch

Here is a craptasic video & a pic of the bling bling cables(hey it is cheap & works great). I know it doesnt sound like much through the camera, but you can obviously tell that those are not the laptop speakers. It sounds SO much better then my home surround sound system.
    (click on pic to see vid)
    [IMG][/IMG]

1989 240sx
    Driftbitch