Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of another Turbo'd C230

gauges came in, they are really nice, maybe pix tonight.

but, bad news is, I have to get one of those billet senser mounts 23K has ... I have just the person who can make one, BUT cost will be around $80. hmm ...

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    gauges came in, they are really nice, maybe pix tonight.

but, bad news is, I have to get one of those billet senser mounts 23K has ... I have just the person who can make one, BUT cost will be around $80. hmm ...
    PICS!!!.....

80's pretty darn good!, + theres not to many neat ways to do it.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

ya i was up til 1am wiring them up and making a custom mount plate for them, man they are so nice but I only got the like 60% wired up, right now all they do it glow and the arrows go all the way up - then drop > like they are supposed to ..

oh by the way, my boost gauge is mechanical, 23K do you know of a good place in the stock manifold I can cut the vacuum line and plug the gauge into ? Thanks ..

yea the sensor mount is still in the thinking process before i can be sure of a plan and go for it.

Sounds good!,
    Depending on the manifold you have?(cast alloy or plastic)
    you can tap off the same line thats feeding the OE fuel pressure regulator.

just a Note:make sure you tap a line that has very little air flow,ie it feeds a small diapram or sensor etc,otherwise depending on the sensitivity of the gauge you may get fluctuations...
    the most accurate tap point is directly off the manifold,close to the TB,its not always practical however.

PICS PICS PICS

wow perfect! I have the plastic manifold ...

then if i find the right hardware to tap directly off the manifold ill do it

ahh, pix I keep making excuses - last night I got a surprise party for my Bday, all the drinking and parting like Russians .... so anything car related was out of my mind!

UPDATE:
    heres pix of the new gauges,

7 differnt colors, tinted so when car is off you cant see them.

next week ill be ordering,

FMIC 2.5" piping
    HKS BOV
    BOV pipe
    OBX Air filter,
    And getting new rubber for the 17" W203 sport rims =)

Possibly ordering,

MagnaFlow exhuast
    GlowShift Air/Fuel gauge and relocating my Boost gauge to the A-pillar.

did you get the header mounted up yet??

no ... not yet, I need to put the car on a lift and grind that rounded copper nut off. I dont have a lift I dont have a grinder and i dont have an air-compressor ... ill figure sumthing.

Happy Bday man!,
    gauge install looks great!!

just a note:If your planning to install an A/F gauge make sure you get somthing useful rather than utilising the OE sensor for a dial or row of colours flickering back and forth,use a wideband lambda setup with datalogging so you can view the engine run,since that header of yours has so many O2 inputs it shouldnt be an issue adding the additional sensor.

somthing like this...
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTS.php

I have the hand held meter version,works great!.

Paul

THANKS!

yea so I read that the Air/Fuel is very important ..
    I dont know I just want to get one that matches ... for now.

and a little something for the Ladies ...

Adds 15HP!

hahaha NICE

got carried away with new rims instead of finishing off the turbo project ... 19" Lorinser LM5's.

Photochop?

ahh shit didnt get that quote for bung,will do tomorrow,i need to wiegh it.

nope its real..no photo shopchop

Nice looks clean man!....now get that damn turbo in

well, my project hasnt been completly dead ... me and Sacc230 ordered a couple MagnaFlows for our W202's.

I transfered to another school so maybe my shop teacher can help me with that rounded nut I havnt tried to touch it at all since everytime i get home the car is damn hot.

Got a new rear bumper lip - posted in "Body Mods section" its okay but I need to work on it now that I scrapped it.

no word yet on when the turbo will be test mounted, soon I hope because i dont want to go off the tracks too much into body mods/wheels. really needing a manual transmission since I can feel the car has good power (for a stock car) but it isnt being used right. I mean im cruizing at 50MPH and I dont want to be in 5th gear then downshifting takes to long and throws me in like 3rd gear when really 4th would have been enough

any update on how that turbo bolts up?

no word on it yet. i have been slacking alot and still no plan of how im going to get that rounded nut off, my auto shop teacher is sort of a prick since all he does it talk about pistons and all that crap im sleeping because I already know it all.

I got my MagnaFlow in last night, Ill have it welded up this week I hope, i tried having my teacher in auto shop do it for me, but he has a really old lift where its in-ground and lift your car from underneath and I couldnt get my car on it it was too low.

Yea this week I will try to put my time into this turbo project more since well all ive been working is other peoples' cars and not have time to even fiddle with the little isues I have on my car.

Okay, just got back from this one guy who works at a machine shop (metal works) I wanted him to remove that rounded nut if he could, and nothing good comes my way. he said there is no F***in air tool that would get in there ... and using a file ? youll forget what your trying to do in the first place!

he can bearly see it fron underneath the car, and no way/space from above.

Next step, -Pull the engine.

I dont know if Ill be continuing this project at all or swerving to the side a little ... what I mean by that is it better be for a damn good reason like an engine swap not just to remove a god-damned rounded manifold nut !

Alright, pulling the engine, theres bolts that go to the transmission - the torque converter, and the trans. housing, then theres the engine mounts (easy shit) and all the electrical. whats are the other difficult stops that may slow me down. my car is a daily driver I need it on the road ASAP if i do pull my engine.

man Pual, your bad luck sure found its way onto me and heck i didnt even have to pay shipping for it.

and heck i didnt even have to pay shipping for it.
    lol

i dont think you should remove the engine,there must be a way...even a file would be better than that.

can you take a photo??

Id love to take a photo, but I wish a camera would even fit in that spot - meaning no I cant take a photo!

ill try to do something tomarrow, if not out goes the engine NEXT week. my W203 rims sold so so I have money to get my 19" tires now for the LM5's. I have my MagnaFlow but no shop wanted to weld it today they were all pricks and said they were busy.

this is a horrible day.

well if you decide to ditch the turbo, i would be happy to buy some of the stuff off you. LOL

Yea I may sell you that flange you needed.

forget it. next monday engine is coming out. id start it tomarrow but I cant, I have to travel to pick up some things and you guys know how weekends go - gurls, parties, racing maybe ect. no way I can be without my car.

alright Paul, maybe you can give me a few tips, any problems you run into removing your engine ? did you disconnect every sensor or just disconnect the whole harness off the ECU ?

I also have a cracked oil pan which needs to be welded I can do anything to fix that leak so its also pushing me to ripping the engine out. I will also search and ask around for forged pistons and internals if I find the things im looking for then Ill definatly go the whole 9 yards.

My headgasket is leaking but VERY VERY slightly I dont even know if thats okay or not but you know this and that may all get fixed with a total rebuild. I do want Porting balancing and stuff that would be very nice!

But I need to know what the out-of-pocket on this is going to be,

I know when ripping my engine apart theres those bearings/gaskets/water pump/ belt/ so much more to list and think of all the labor such as boring it honing balancing sandblasting the block ect ect.

MagnaFlow is installed heres pix,

anyone intrested in a video ?? cmon ... before i pull my engine this monday.