Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Infinity Basslink in a W202

I just took my buddy to the airport on Sunday night. He had a rolling carry on and a full sized (28") rolling bag like this one:

and it all fit in the trunk, with the subwoofer, no problem.

well there you go, as long as it works for you

Originally posted by unHookt
    Mounted on the floor, the sub will interfere with access to the removable panels and to the spare beneath the trunk. What's wrong with mounting it where it is?

I find that the subwoofer produces plenty of bass to fill the cabin. In fact, as I said before, I have it turned down quite a bit because it can be too overwhelming relative to the output of the other speakers in the stock Bose system. The sub is likely also benefiting from being mounted directly beneath the opening where one of the rear deck speakers has been removed.
    It looks good! Actually it looks bigger than I thought the sub would be. I was picturing it in my mind having it the way you have it put. Is it completely necessary to remove one deck speaker? I just dont want to go thru the hassle of having one deck speaker missing in case.

Bass reaches FULLY to the front correct?
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

Like I said, with the speaker removed the bass suits me just fine...even with the basslink turned down low.

Next step -> HU replacement. I think it would sound cleaner connected to a dedicated subwoofer output, and I would really like to be able to change the sub level from the HU as I switch from one type of music to the next.

Oh, BTW, with the battery in the trunk, installation is sooo easy!

Thanks so much man!

This is an awesome forum BTW..you guys know you're shiat!
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

I went to go hear this thing in the store. Not bad at all! Bass seems rich which I like.

unhookt, doesnt it rattle that shelf its bolted on?
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

Anyways...went and picked it up and had installed. Its on the floor of the trunk tucked in the upper right corner with still plenty of trunk room left. No rattles just pure rich bass sound.

When cranked to the max, the Bose and the Infinity simultaneously control the bass and keep it at the same level with no distortion.

Im very pleased.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

glad you like it. maybe I'll move mine down to the floor - can you take a pic of where yours is placed?

thanks

I'll have to take a pic with the cell cause batt is dead on camera.

Had the car out tonite and now im in that mood where I have to hear every song to hear how it is....really good. Any low low bass notes in a song is "rolled" so its audible but just at a higher HZ level.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

In Charge
    Did you remove any of the rear deck speakers like unhookt?

Doh! Just realized (silly me) that you are referring to the Basslink and not the Basslink II.

Anyone got any input on the Basslink II?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I was a bit confused with the I and II versions. The one I picked up has 2 woofers in it and I think Basslink II perhaps is a bit more power plus is square woofer.

Didnt remove rear woofers eitheir...actually they are audible now again due to the big noise maker 12" I had before which muted them. My passengers dont have to get sick now under high volume sitting in the back from the shaking....not how a Benz should be.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

the bass link ii has one 10inch square woofer and a square woofer without any power, it also has 250 watts compared to 200,

so you like the sound? it adds a noticable amount of the good sounding bass, if you know what i mean,
    i know in my car i have 3 rear deck speakers, i think one is for the phone, on the right side it has only one speaker and a foam baffle, i would remove the foam baffle, and dfinatly the phone loadspeaker, cause i sure dont use it, i would then have two ports. benzonline does your car have this?

No i have the updated model with only 2 6.5" Woofers and nothing else. The phone speaker is in the front of the car hidden.

The sound is full and natural, not very boomy. It can be heard from outside but its a tight bass.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

In Charge
    Both Basslink and the Basslink have a 10" woofer and a 10" passive radiator (whatever the heck that is). Basslink II is square and has 50 more watts.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

im guessing th epassive radiator makes mor bass? smoothes out the sound? to make it look like its got two, dunno,lol

oh i see now

I spent 30mins tuning it last night. When its tuned correctly the bass should fill the car and not sound like its coming from the rear.

99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

looks nice!, was it around 299usd?

was $299 cdn
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor