Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with rims/tire purchase

I got my rims in 18"x8.5" all around ordered today along with some Kumho Ecsta SPT 225/40/18 tires to go with. I got them at CarLab Motorsports in Santa Clara, CA. Total was little less than $1300. I will be picking these up on Wednesday.
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by C280/////AMG
    Was completely wrong about those rims :nospeech: saw a black 202 wit them on. They're on fire!!!
    Yeah I knew they looked good and they looked ok off my car,but damn when I slapped them on there and dropped it, I was like oh my god.

Good luck with your wheels and tires, don't forget to post up pic's. What did they charge you for those tires? I paid 639 for wheels, caps, and lugs, then 400 for the tires, the about 80 bucks for the mounting and balancing.

$750 18x8.5 All around
    $400 Kumho Ecsta SPT 225/40/18
    $50 Chrome Lug Nuts (shorter)

Mount and a Balance is free and the Caps, I think they come with the rim because on the shelf, it was already put on, they said nothing about the caps so I guess it comes with it?

I guess you had a deal there Benzon, however, I'm fine with these since these are local and I can deal with them locally and it's a place that actually carries them not like other stores...

Definitely will post pics when I get them.

The only problem now is that I think my car will sit high. I asked them about pads and they said they sell pads for $8 each and $45 each installation. So that is about $215 to get pads installed. With that price I might as well get some Eibachs, H & R or Koni for that price and get them to install it for the 1.5" drops, instead of the .5inch drop from pads.
    1997 C280 Sport

Yeah, I had some other work being done on my car so I didn't really have to pay labor to get my springs put in (The Ass was already dropped out) . And my deal was local too, but I would of payed anything almost to get them, after searching all over and finding nothing and literally needing new wheels so it all worked out.

This isn't my car, just a 202 without a drop.

Would definitely get some eibach's or whatever if you had the means. So sexy dropped on MBVI's.

That looks really high!

One thing I forgot mention is that where can i get a the TOOL SET for the spare tire online? When I took out my spare tire to carry my non spare when I get my new rims I noticed that it was missing from the Jack area. Since my new rims require new lug nuts, does it matter what wrench I get?
    1997 C280 Sport

Heh that's good thinkin, would depend if your new lugs are just a different length or if there different all together. But you can find the tool bag's on ebay sometimes.

Here's what I'm workin with.

Looks good, is that setup with your dropped suspension?

What setup do you have?
    Also, post it in the other thread i started. What are you lowered on? <list of setups fom various members.
    1997 C280 Sport

Just Eibach's right now. Wish I would of went ahead and did some shock's but it's all good.

Well, these rims were also hard to get.... CarLab had to order them for me and when I called them, they said the shipment of rims came in on friday. So I drove down there thinking it was there, nope, i was wrong. My rims weren't in the crate that was suppose have it. So then he called the warehouse up and they told him they were out of stock and he called other shops and they were out too... So I had no choice but to get a refund on my deposit. Then the phone rang and the distributor said they found a set of 18x8.5 and i would get it on tuesday. So i called in to see if they were there on monday, yes they were. I called in tuesday to double check and pick up my rims, rims are there but no tires. They said today, wednesday, so lets see what I will get today, no tires? or nothing? So while i was talking to Darwin about the rims when i went on friday, he dropped the price of the rims from 750 to 640 because of the delay. So, i don't know whats going to happen today. I really hope I get these rims though...
    1997 C280 Sport

Yeah, there so rare right now for whatever reason. Hope you get what your looking for soon.

Woot! I got them today. However they are a little different from the ones you have Benzon. Mine looks more curved... I think they're made by Velocity? It's cool though. It still looks nice. It seems to have lip on all 4 rims too! Ill take pics soon.
    1997 C280 Sport

1997 C280 Sport