Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: <<< AMS Crankshaft Pulley Installed >>>

Last edited by omeyhomey; 03-14-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Omey, this sounds too good to be true!!!!

What car did you just fit this alu pulley to?
    If you don\'t do it properly, don\'t waste our time!!

The C280

1995 C280
    1987 MK2 GTi 1800 8v

M111 Non-K pully my money on that is ready!! ill start a list of people come on!!!!
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 86' Porsche 951 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)
    Emerald Black 97' C36 (current)
    Black 04' E55 (wife's current)

where to GET!!!!!!!!

Well when their retail Ill take one, if you want I have dyno access and the toos to install on site... So if you get me one soon I can give you 3.2L before and afters...

Don

cant wait for dyno results

summer was close till you posted this thread

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    hehe, my bad. Believe me boys im trying. The header + Pulley combo is going to be the big ticket for the C36s and also the 280s, its finally gonna give those 280's the torque they deserve.

Honestly though the most practical application of them is fuel mileage efficiency, I have noticed a large increase in gas mileage so far (when I'm not dropping the hammer down ).

Tomorrow I will be running with a few modded C5 Z06s to see how I have improved. From 80+ last time we were almost dead even, C5 barely pulling ahead, this time hopefuly I should be able to pull away from him at speed. we'll find out tomorrow
    YES! there is a god! i hope i can get more than 15/16 mpg

fine then. no M111 pulley means ill be on the look-out for a C280/C36 engine and 5-speed trans.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

2 things:

1: a c280 can not keep up with a modded c5 z06, vids or ban.
    2: I have a 3.2L 5 speed, I can give you a real dyno result, not like your pos c280 that rolls c5's from 80, or the auto c36.

Also: Why would someone with the ability to build the worlds first lightweight harmonic balancer pulley pay MB to install it?

Originally posted by RacerXofFL
    2 things:

1: a c280 can not keep up with a modded

Also: Why would someone with the ability to build the worlds first lightweight harmonic balancer pulley pay MB to install it?
    He has an E55, not a C280.

And yes, I was wondering that myself.

2 things:

2: I have a 3.2L 5 speed, I can give you a real dyno result, not like your pos c280 that rolls c5's from 80, or the auto c36.

question

what are you doing here if you think c280 or c36 are pos??

Id take c36 over any car in its class, Id take it over a corvette too

and he obviously took it to the shop to see if they wanted to install it, not everyone knows how to install these and if u buy them whos gonna install them for you??

not all shops will install 3rd party parts for you

and btw all american cars are crap, no offense to you americans but u know this is true, they might be good in a straight line but overall they suck

this all sounds great. but has there been a price for this pulley yet?

2 things:

why the hell do ppl keep making retarded comparisons. i remember this other guy was comparing a car to a r6 bike.... why are you comparing a luxary sedan to a gayass but fast vette???

btw what does wot stand for?

sorry to butt in, yea it also questioned me why Omey would pay up $200 to the dealer for the install when he clearly has knowledge about what hes doing probably more then any of you kiddo's questioning him. its probably to make sure that the people buying this part would have somewhere to go to for installation - and if the dealership will install it then it must be 110% safe, and no problems! its actually a very smart thing he did to make sure you people buying his piece would be well-taken care of when installation comes.

haha yea I remember someone compared an R6 to a car, still makes me laugh since I go through differnt threads and see that over and over, kinda silly. like comparing apples to oranges.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

Originally posted by kyo216

btw what does wot stand for?
    I believe it stands for Wide-Open throttle, correct me if im wrong.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)

2 things:

I don't think i've ever seen so many stupid comments in one reply.

Firstly, one should read the previous replies to ascertain what car omey has.

Secondly, you've got to ask yourself why a tuner would send his car to the dealership and then come up with a rational answer.

Thirdly, and most importantly, what does 'POS' stand for? (I assume it's not a good thing)

The C280

1995 C280
    1987 MK2 GTi 1800 8v

Piece Of Shit

I see... so then what the hell is he doing on a 202 forum?

The C280

1995 C280
    1987 MK2 GTi 1800 8v

Originally posted by predrag1
    question
    and btw all american cars are crap, no offense to you americans but u know this is true, they might be good in a straight line but overall they suck
    disagree with this.
    i am almost convinced that you are really rollin under a new screen name because you both posses a style of saying stupid shit.

i'll admit that my MB has one of the nicest build qualities and handling, but i'm just DYING to get into another ford. The MB is a great car, don't get me wrong. I just disagree that american cars are crap.

I have owned a c280 for 6 years now. I have bossted it over 400hp, I have blown 4 (or was it 5?) auto trannys in it.

It is now a 5speed, not may of these out there....

It will be stand alone soon, 2 reasons. The MB throttle body is SHIT, and even with 2 piggy backs I poped 3 head gaskets under 12 psi in the past.

My father has worked for the same mercedes dealership for 23 years, is a MB master tech, been within a few spots of the free trip to germany quite a few times (big disappointment to me) and the dealership installing an aftermarket part DOES NOT MAKE IT SAFE.

If I can convince my partner in turbobenz to do MegaSquirts, we will give much better results for your same 600+$

HE CAN NOT GIVE YOU AN ACCURATE RESULT ON A AUTO CAR.

I CAN.

I love mercedes, and people constantly qestion my driving, and how my car survives, I say that is why I drive this car, if it were an american car it would have fallen apart on day 1.

please, feel free to check out www.turbobenz.com see what we will be turning out soon, and think... Do you want parts from a tuner claiming MPG gains, and 20hp off a lightweight pulley, or a laptop tuneable stand alone, and turbo setup?

Don

Originally posted by RemoLexi
    110% safe
    Have fun with that.

I just cant stop laughin at this thread. I just thought of it, I swapped to a 3.2L for less then 649$ what a joke, and per benz specs I shoulda picked up 40hp

Don

dude that's a ton of money for a pulley, that is insane.

I have owned a c280 for 6 years now. I have bossted it over 400hp, I have blown 4 (or was it 5?) auto trannys in it.

It is now a 5speed, not may of these out there....

It will be stand alone soon, 2 reasons. The MB throttle body is SHIT, and even with 2 piggy backs I poped 3 head gaskets under 12 psi in the past.

My father has worked for the same mercedes dealership for 23 years, is a MB master tech, been within a few spots of the free trip to germany quite a few times (big disappointment to me) and the dealership installing an aftermarket part DOES NOT MAKE IT SAFE.

If I can convince my partner in turbobenz to do MegaSquirts, we will give much better results for your same 600+$

HE CAN NOT GIVE YOU AN ACCURATE RESULT ON A AUTO CAR.

I CAN.

I love mercedes, and people constantly qestion my driving, and how my car survives, I say that is why I drive this car, if it were an american car it would have fallen apart on day 1.

please, feel free to check out www.turbobenz.com see what we will be turning out soon, and think... Do you want parts from a tuner claiming MPG gains, and 20hp off a lightweight pulley, or a laptop tuneable stand alone, and turbo setup?

Don

uhhhh obviously a luxury sedan wasn't build to handle that kind of hp....so are you really surprised that you went through so many transmissions and blew head gaskets even under low psi? did you reinforce anything?

Omey, I have to say tho, $650 is alot of money for a pulley. I understand that it will make a considerable difference, but still...

RacerX,
    1) you must understand that most people here don't have access to a 3.2l for $650. If that were the case, everyone would have done the mod by now.
    2) When you modded your 280, did you change the cylinder compression (rings, pistons, etc) at all?
    3) I think you're being a bit optimistic to put 400hp through a gearbox that's designed for a car with 200hp and expect it not to break.

The C280

1995 C280
    1987 MK2 GTi 1800 8v