Thread: Ebay mass air flow sensors\MAF

Ebay mass air flow sensors\MAF

I was trolling around Ebay and noticed a few no name brand and Bosch maf sensors.. at a real good price too $65-200 depending on what brand you want.

what do you guys think? no name brand
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...QQcmdZViewItem

here is the Bosch
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...QQcmdZViewItem

In Charge
    OEM is Bosch in case you did not know.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Try to stick with OEM brands specially for key components like the MAF. Go with Bosch - more expensive but will save you a lot of headache and money later on compared to buying a no name brand that might "choke".

Still using the OEM Bosch that was installed originally (10 years now) and it still runs good. Will be replacing it soon though to give the car new life.

well, if someone has a no name brand mass air meter, post up and let us know how its working out for you.. I guess for now, I will bite the bullet and go with the more expensive maf (more then double the price ):bandit:

Yes, if someone here have tried non-OEM MAF's please let us know how it is working so far and how long it has been installed. I'm just going by the posts here where people have had their original MAF's for years now (including myself).

But to ease your pain, think of it as a long-term investment. If you get 10 years out of the OEM which costs $200, that's only $20 a year, $1.70 a month but the important thing is the peace of mind.

When my MAF went two years ago I thought I'd save $100 and bought one of the immitations from eBay. It looked identical to the old Bosch one that I was replacing, but when I put it in the car pretty much freaked out. I returned that one and bought a Bosch unit which worked perfectly when I put it in my car.
    2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE

There you go.
    Thanks for the reply Joesid.

Originally posted by JOESID
    When my MAF went two years ago I thought I'd save $100 and bought one of the immitations from eBay. It looked identical to the old Bosch one that I was replacing, but when I put it in the car pretty much freaked out. I returned that one and bought a Bosch unit which worked perfectly when I put it in my car.
    I tried one of the cheap ones as well, mainly because I needed another housing for it. I hooked it up to the car and it wouldn't turn over for a while, and when it did, it struggled to hold above 600rpms.
    2007 E350 Sport
    1999 C230 Komp. with exhaust.

Just changed mine today... 425 Euros.:hurt:
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

thanks guys.. I dont even know what to say about the non working mafs on Ebay...it kind of ticks me off. I bet alot of people buy them and never return them.

wow... i wish i saw this sooner.

i guess im just gunna cross my fingers and bitch like hell if there is a problem.

I just ordered a cheaper MAF online, from amazon not ebay but still it was only 120.

I dont kno how they could sell something that doesn't even work. that wouldn't be cool at all.

anyway ill let u know how it turns out.