Thread: M112 V6 Headers coming soon

Last edited by omeyhomey; 03-14-2011 at 12:38 PM.

i like it how everytime the performance section is looking a bit dull you give it a good poke with new performance work
    and i always enjoy looking at the quality of work pics at the end
    -Logan-

oooooh! I can't wait. I'm looking forward to a nice pulley and header package. Thanks for keeping us m112 guys happy!

Could you please estimate the hp gains and maybe a price?

oh my gosh. You are so awesome! I'm definitely looking forward to the power pack! and the gains look very nice! Thanks so much!

well if it's anything like the price you are asking for the pulley, the headers will probably be $1200+.

correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a ton of money to spend on a car, plus the 500-700 for the pulley, for 20-25hp.
    is that crank or rwhp?

Not knockin' you, AMS, or the product, but that is too rich for my blood and I personally do not see the value in it. MB (or any euro) parts, OE, OEM, and aftermarket, are just too damn expensive. And the whole thing is, it's all markup. Just because MB owners are supposed to be able to afford it.

I can get a whole cog setup, custom machined, with 4 or 5 cogged pulleys and a cogged belt for my supercharged F150, for the same price that AMS asks for the 1 pulley for the MB.

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    Do not make assumptions and spread rumors. The headers will not be 1200, they won't be over a grand, infact they will be alot less. Please don't make up inaccurate information it can be very deceiving.

I have the lowest prices on the market so I'm the last person you should be complaining to, go email kleenman, or renntech, or evosport.

Remember, you get what you pay for, getting a set of non harmonic dampened pulleys for your F150 is not the same as MB AMS pulley.

please be respectful of other forum members, I do not appreciate your rude tone.
    lol you took that to the heart!

Do not make assumptions?
    I will continue to assume, and hold whatever opinion I so choose, at my discretion. My post is yes, my assumption, based on the price of your pulley. I also think Tupac may be alive based on theory. Would you like me to stop discussing it with other people for fear of an innacurate rumor?
    You have mentioned in various posts of your pulley being 499, 549-599, etc. That to me sounds accurate of my 500-700 mark.

I am not "complaining" to you. I am actually commenting on the rediculous markup that the entire industry carries. If you have the lowest prices, then congratulations. You are the least rediculous of them all.

The crank pulley I mention in the cog setup is harmonic dampened. The upper s/c pulley, and the 2-3 (depending on setup) idler pulleys are not. That my friend, is an inccorect assumption on your part.

If I came across rude then I may have miscomunicated. But as a vendor and business person you should be able to take the critisicm and reflect from it. I am sorry you took my original post the wrong way and felt the need to defend yourself.

-Armand

Originally posted by rman
    lol you took that to the heart!

Do not make assumptions?
    I will continue to assume, and hold whatever opinion I so choose, at my discretion. My post is yes, my assumption, based on the price of your pulley. I also think Tupac may be alive based on theory. Would you like me to stop discussing it with other people for fear of an innacurate rumor?
    You have mentioned in various posts of your pulley being 499, 549-599, etc. That to me sounds accurate of my 500-700 mark.

I am not "complaining" to you. I am actually commenting on the rediculous markup that the entire industry carries. If you have the lowest prices, then congratulations. You are the least rediculous of them all.

The crank pulley I mention in the cog setup is harmonic dampened. The upper s/c pulley, and the 2-3 (depending on setup) idler pulleys are not. That my friend, is an inccorect assumption on your part.

If I came across rude then I may have miscomunicated. But as a vendor and business person you should be able to take the critisicm and reflect from it. I am sorry you took my original post the wrong way and felt the need to defend yourself.

-Armand
    Originally posted by omeyhomey
    You are complaining. simple as that. I did not misconstrue or "take it the wrong way" what you said, it was a direct attack, but I will let it slide.

If you want to complain you should forward your complaints to all the other tuners, not myself. simple as that
    whoa whoa, guys take it easy! lol we are a community of mb enthusiasts who share a passion for the w202!

I myself have purchased the AMS crank pulley and have to say that I am very much content with it to the point where i would reccommend any performance oriented member here on the forums to buy one, if they have the green of course.

However, I still agree that it is a little pricey for a pulley but guys come on, you have to take into account that omey is making these parts himself for a not so mainstream car that happens to be a high quality part.

Would I say that i got what I paid for? ehh, I was expecting a little more power and fuel economy but its all good because for the most part this pulley does what it is meant to do and the fact that its potential is MAXED OUT definitely helps with price justification...

I realize that i am appearing to take sides here but it is not like that at all. This is simply a discussion that should remain purely a discussion in which we have open minds and friendly attitudes towards eachother.
    :banana:2000 Mercedes-Benz C280 Sport:banana:

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

Rihgt now I cant wait till M112 Headers come out.

btw, any other performance plans for M112? I think a lot of people here on the forum would purchase a full catback exhaust...

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

Arrow

rman- unless your bringing an inexpensive alternative... you can take your "assumptions" to whatever f150 board you want!!

...respectfully of course...

back on track... will these headers bolt directly to the factory exhaust? or will we need some custom work done?

do we have a "general" release date yet? you mentioned "soon" in your first post...

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

What's your ETA on the 104 stuff?