Thread: Rotors & Pads from www.r1concepts.com?

Rotors & Pads from www.r1concepts.com?

I did a search 1st, but did not see any other posts on club202 about www.r1concepts.com.

They seem to have good prices on rotors and pad sets for 202s. They're also local!

Here's a link for C220:
    http://store.r1concepts.com/Brake%20...s%20Benz/C220/

Any feedback from the forum?
    1995 C220 * (Retired)
    2006 A4 2.0T Quattro * Stock 4 now!

wow they are a lot cheaper then the brembo brakes. 400 bux for both rear and fronts? shiiiet. it sounds too good to be true.

Originally posted by kyo216
    wow they are a lot cheaper then the brembo brakes. 400 bux for both rear and fronts? shiiiet. it sounds too good to be true.
    I Know!! The prices are hard to believe. A friend at work put a set of the slot/drilled rotors on his BMW. He said he is very happy with them.
    1995 C220 * (Retired)

i am due for new rotors as well. if this works as well as it is described, it would be fantastic.

Long time member but never participated in the forums. I have r1 pad and rotor package for 6 months and can't complain. Very little brake dust and stops better than oem.

Originally posted by banjo
    Long time member but never participated in the forums. I have r1 pad and rotor package for 6 months and can't complain. Very little brake dust and stops better than oem.
    Great! Which package to you purchase?
    1995 C220 * (Retired)

It's this one Mercedes C230 97-00 R1-PREMIUM Drill / Slot FRONT + REAR BRAKE ROTORS + PADS

mazdalowandslow
    I just ordered a pad and rotor package from them, they just got in yesterday. Im going to install them on sun, I will reply back with what I think. BTW the slots on holes on the rotors look nicely done.

Not sure about those as I have never used them.
    I am going with Irotors. I have used them on many cars in the past & never had one single issue with them.

IIRC for my car I can get the zinc, slotted & drilled, with dustless pads for $410 shipped
    Here is a pic of one of their rotors
    1989 240sx
    Driftbitch

how's it going to mount if doesn't have the little screw hole on the disk

mazdalowandslow
    I got 4 rotors drilled and sloted and pads for 266 from r1concepts

I'm definitely putting in an order for the PREMIUM DRILLED/SLOTTED ROTORS F+R as well as those POSI-QUIET SEMI METALLIC PADS.

Have you guys looked at them? They are siiiiick! $400 well spent IMO
    :banana:2000 Mercedes-Benz C280 Sport:banana:

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

Originally posted by C280_Spawrt
    I'm definitely putting in an order for the PREMIUM DRILLED/SLOTTED ROTORS F+R as well as those POSI-QUIET SEMI METALLIC PADS.

Have you guys looked at them? They are siiiiick! $400 well spent IMO
    I know! That is the same package I'm looking at. Let me know what you think after you install them.
    1995 C220 * (Retired)

After doing more research into "Posi-quiet" pads they are actually really made by Axxis so they are very good. they are basically the Axxis super-duty deluxe pads (step under the Ultimates) and they dust very little and as the name suggest they never make alot of noise. They also have a wide temperature range so its good multi-purpose street/track pad. However be forwarned.... Cross drilled rotors + track = BAD news unless its an OEM cast cross drilled design (aka Porsche or new MBs).

ordered.

kevin any pics?

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

ill get some if you want, tho its hard to see from behind my stock wheels

if you don't mind and only if you don't mind.

Also...

What package did you get? I'm assuming the premium one

does ur 202 stop better than oem?

20% Tints All Around
    Euro Clear Corners
    AMG Hood/Trunk Emblems
    Avantgarde Grille

H&R Cup Kit
    Magnaflow Muffler
    AMS Crank Pulley

I got the premium package, but only for the front axle. Cost me around 240 shipped. The stopping power is about the same as oem, I don't feel much of a difference. but then again, I haven't been doing much hard braking.
    There are a few things I need to warn you about if your gunna buy these.

First, you might have a little trouble finding a place willing to install them. Places like justbrakes and pepboys wont install them because those were not OEM mercedes parts, saying it was a liability issue. Couple places that would install them tried to rip me off, so be careful. I finally got them installed for 90 bucks.

Second, the brakes make a very slight buzzing noise when braking, which may be due to the rotors being slotted. It is only audible when the windows are down, and recently a very slight squealing noise has arisen which only occurs at very low speed braking (ie at a Drive-thru) and only audible with the windows down. it does not occur when coming to a stop at an intersection for some reason.

Third, there is a slight burnt smell coming from the brakes after a drive, which cant be good, lol. I think its because the rotors and pads were just installed, and it was just the brake-parts-cleaner thats being burnt off, but i dont know...

yep..

Third, there is a slight burnt smell coming from the brakes after a drive, which cant be good, lol. I think its because the rotors and pads were just installed, and it was just the brake-parts-cleaner thats being burnt off, but i dont know...
    When new brakes are installed and used for the first few times they give off a distinctive odour. Also, anytime the brakes are worked hard (say coming down a mountain) they will give off the same smell. That is perfectly normal. Hopefully what you experienced is not anything more than that.

Hot brakes should smell like hot brakes. If you do smell something more like a burnt smell, you should have it checked out.

I had mine for a while and that odor went away. I think it's from the protective oil that they use to ship them. I cleaned it with a degreaser and the odor was there for the first couple of weeks that I had them.

yeah, it is a very unique smell.. the only way I could have described it was a sorta burnt smell.. but I guess theres a whole name just for! Hot brake smell.

are the pads on the r1 site better than axxis ult pads? I need a replacement and was wondering which set to get..
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

When you ride a vehicle, safety is very important, and the faster you go the more important the breaks. It is always important to use high performance brake kits, pads, calipers, and good performance brake rotor for your cars. When you drive you can understand whether the break or break rotors need to be replaced.
    Squealing or squeaking is usually the main indication about the replacing of breaks. Driving a car with bad rotors reduces the rotor's ability to absorb and disperse heat causing the brake system to overheat. bad rotors can progress to the point that the brakes are ineffective and might totally fail. So using a high performance brake rotor for your car is very important. Usually the rotors on a vehicle can last from 30,000 to 70,000 miles and sometimes it may last more.

I had R1Concepts blank rotors that are paired with Hawk pads. The stopping power was quite impressive.