Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blown Engine?

Blown Engine?

Now this is the last time i use NOS!!!!!!

N E way i was spraying on a mustang, he beat me by half a car, as soon as i goto the end of the track. WANNNNG POP, pulled the car over......The intake pipe after the intercooler was frozen..........Picture New york on a snowy day. I let it warm up and started it again, and it pop'd again!. That Vacumme line thats in the T-Body blew off i had to reconnect it. There was white smoke coming out the right side. The car stalls out under 1 -1.5k rpms, i had to drive it HOME! At red light i had to press the brakes pretty hard and rev. Anyone have any ideas!!!

I know the other 1 is done

*UPDATE**

Well Here is what Mercedes Benz said.

80342 Verified Fires but stalls, checked fuel pressure ok, R+R #1 spark plugs and checked found ok but are denso iridiums, checked compression on #1 cyl. 145#'s. SDS short test multiple codes for trottle actuator and air intake bypass flap. also misfire codes and codes for maf sensor. *this is what made my day* CLIENT HAS RELOCATED MAF SENSOR ON INTAKE PIPE LMFAOOOOoO, checked actual values found key on values for throttle actuator to be 8.2 degrees out of spec, talked to throttle actuator but got no respones, reinitialized throttle actuator, now vehicle will run, but not very well. Has multiple intake leaks due to aftermarket intake setup, Supercharger is not kicking on, Needs new throttle actuator to start and may need new MAF sensor and put back into stock location

MAF i orderd allready, where can i find the throttle actuator. Thats the T-body right?
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

In Charge
    Is this your first Nitrous setup?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

OG Moderator
    >>The intake pipe after the intercooler was frozen..........Picture New york on a snowy day.<<

Do you mean that the inside of the intake was literally frozen? Just out of curiosity, where does your nitrous enter into the induction system?
    1999 C230 Kompressor

yes

Originally posted by xvvvz
    >>The intake pipe after the intercooler was frozen..........Picture New york on a snowy day.<<

Do you mean that the inside of the intake was literally frozen? Just out of curiosity, where does your nitrous enter into the induction system?
    1 inch from the T-body........i have no idea wtf happend, and why it froze like that

OG Moderator
    One part of your current problem may be a messed up MAF considering it is behind/after the spot where you said it froze up. I would think that some of that ice got sucked past your relocated MAF and could have messed it up.
    1999 C230 Kompressor

Thats what i figured after all the supercharger won't engage. Now for the stalling.......i don't know whats going on......it was smoking pretty bad from the right side, not the left which was odd. The tranny was realllllllllllllllllly hot to. Engine temp was pretty fine. it stayed on 80 the whole time going home which was werid because it neverrrrrrrrrrr does that lol. This morning it cranked up once and died.

In Charge
    I think the phrase was: "Amateurs dont use NOS."

I kid I kid.

Sorry to hear about that. Well, at least you were one of the few brave to try it out.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

Well i don't think it was the Nitrous itself that blew it up, i did 3 back to back runs (talk about stress on your engine) i really don't know why i did it. But the thing is i took it to the track and did the same thing and it didn't freeze like that at all. So im guessing the silinod was messed up or somthing. Well im converting everything back to stock cold air intake maf everything........merc's aren't streetable cars..........imma be like OC and just ride dirty lol. Plus another thing i realized is.........the HP to CASH ratio is veryyyyyyyyyy high i think its like 20 bucks a hp...well as soon as i get this fixed, im either going to sell her and buy a resto camaro or find me a old beat up camaro that needs some TLC and drop a stroker in her.

so sad to hear that...why don't you get a c43? just a suggestion...
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

hay arent you the guy who posted about nosing your benz and we all said no and you still did and i think that the first time i ever hed of a benz engine blowing ya get a c43 its like a camaro just the benz is faster and more dependable (kinding) not really a fan odf anerican cars
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

sounds like it was spraying way too heavy. check your purge, and from the sounds of it - check ALL your vacuum lines. if it runs at all, i doubt you popped the engine - usually a NOS mistiming will cause a detonation on the top of the pistons, and make your crank take an early retirement which usually follows with a connecting rod planning a summer trip out the side of your engine block. lol

i think DLS is pretty on-track with the MAS readings being off.

I don't think i was that person your talking about, I know the NOS was spraying extremly heavy. I have yet to figure out why, i kid you not that T-body and the 1 pipe that curves was completly frozen. Which im asuming made the butterflies not open all the way. Im not kidding the whole thing was covered in ice. The vacumme line on the T-body blew off. The kid in the mustang was like NO FU*KING WONDERRRRRRR YOU WHERE SOO CLOSE. Im gonna try to do a engine tear down to see whats going on, i know its not going to be a easy fix, but gf's away.......soooo got nothing but time and money

hey cru sorry to hear about your problems but as you told me some time ago about my kids saying when they see a nos tank in the car...hmmm i think you said ohhh shhh*tttt you may have been saying that about the problems with something like that if you want just go buy on of those bazoka tubes that look like it and call it good LOL j/k
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

hey try this, get MAF cleaner ... if it helps a little bit then you will know that a new meter is what you need.
    white 97' C230 (sold)
    white 94' C280 (sold)
    white 98' C43 (sold)
    Tektite 03' E55 (sold)
    Black 86' Porsche 951 (sold)
    Black 98' C43 (sold)
    Emerald Black 97' C36 (current)
    Black 04' E55 (wife's current)

Honestly i don't think it was the nitrous that caused it blow the way it did. the thing was spraying really heavy, and i think it froze the fuel whiched caused it to run reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly lean. I think all the vacumme lines blew off, and the blew some gaskets which won't give it enough compression. Its really hard to tell right now. I really hoping for the best, i ordered a new boush MAF, it needs to be replaced anyway from all that oil and everything eles. If i don't need it, ^&*( it i'll have a spare just in case i need it down the line. I was only running a 75 shot. which i've seen in cars all day long with like not even a cold air intake.

What car is this on?? C230K?

I had a black 99'C230K that I crashed about a month after joining this site. I had the car about 2 years ago. The car was 100% stock and I had a WOT activated NOS system that I ran for about 3 months with no problem. I sadly new little about the car back then so I'm trying to remember what I can of the setup. I know it was activated by the WOT switch and the installer customized something to dial in a 50hp shot. I know little about nos systems but I'm pretty sure it tapped in after the MAS sensor, so maybe that had something to do with it?

I'm gonna try and dig up some old photos and maybe call my buddy who did it. It only cost me like $400 bucks and it made the car much more fun. The reason I brought this up is that I litterally went through bottle after bottle, I would spray 5 times a day probably. WIth that said, running a 75hp shot I think that 3 runs shouldn't have granaded your motor, so something was wrong.
    .....I drive sideways.....
    *98\'C43 Supercharged
    *H&R springs
    *Bilstien Shocks
    *Magnecore race wires
    *Phelonic intake spacers
    *Bosche Clears
    *Custom 3in stainless exhaust
    *Renntech Monolite 18\'s
    *Some other stupid stuff
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/nitrogenbalance/0801.07pics054.jpg

Thats what i was saying before.......nitrous express told me i can run it safe up to 100shot. i think the fuel froze........anything below i think 32degrees will freeze

yea its on a 23k

In Charge
    Originally posted by Cru328prod
    .anything below i think 32degrees will freeze
    It shouldnt as there are many areas where it gets to under 32F.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

ahhh ya like me it averages like 20 deg here in the winter so it doesnt freeze at 32 i think fuel freezes at -40
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

i was actually putting more thought into this today while i was stuck in traffic driving home from work.

it's very possible you do have some internal damage from running too lean. however, your idle problems could be related to compression leak from a blown head gasket.

take the radiator cap off tomorrow morning, or whenever your car is cold, start it up and look in the rad for bubbles in the coolant. if you see them, it's pretty telltale sign that you have compression leaking into the coolant system. also, check your oil. if it's a chocolate milk color, its time to start searching ebay for a new block. lol

damn all this from NOS ...(slaps cru's hand) didn't i teach ya better then this why don't ya ditch the car with problems and buy ya a c230 k sport... ill let ya buy mine for 14,500 LOL j/k
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

Oil looked fine, i pulled the spark plugs........spark plugs where fine, even the ride home the car didn't over heat. I tried to see if it would crank again, that was a negative till i put some starter fuild and it cranked. Wouldn't keep idle. So i don't think its the injectors anymore. It has to be one of the following........Burned or melted a valve, Blown a head gasket, blown up some pistons a rods.

Wouldn't you think something more like injector fuel delivery issue instead?

The car will run but it has to be at a higher rpm. Lower rpm's produce stalls. At higher rpm's it seems to run ok?

Car won't start now without a little help. I don't think that the gas engine produces enough compression to self ignite the starter fluid. I know that a diesel does. So I'm guessing no fuel but spark is there.
    \'94 C220
    Black.

-------------------------
    Chaos reigns within.
    Reflect, repent, and reboot.
    Order shall return.
    -------------------------

im thinkin bent valve or a piston ring porblem
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully