Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seafoam!!!

Originally posted by omeyhomey
    Usually its not recommended to use the vacuum line method if you have a plastic poly------- intake manifold, you don't know how it may react. I did it on my old 93 M104 and had no problems but I am weary about doing it to this one.
    polyurethane?

What about the brake booster line? And I still need a pic please.
    1998 c280 (WHITE)
    Kenwood Excelon KDC- X579 Head
    KAC iP500 Ipod Interface
    2 Kenwood KCF-w3012 1500Watt 12\" Subs
    Sony GTR2002 1200 Watt Amp
    More Mods To Come

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    polyurethane?
    naw its like a polyprolene or something, its a weird type of "plastic" its not conventional plastic but it is in the plastic family, I forget the name. Polyurethane is softer and more flexible, this stuff is alot harder and more rigid

i used the seafoam on my engine today (m104). sucked in through vacuum line and let sit during my lunch for about 30 min. then went and drove on the highway. it smoked (white) like HELL for almost 10 minutes while driving. idle seems slightly smoother but don't really notice any big improvements yet. we will see with the gas milage though. however, i've heard that GM - top engine cleaner is far superior to seafoam.

when using the vacuum method...connect one side to the vacuum port and stick the other side in the can of seafoam. then take a pair of visegrips and squeeze the tubing enough so the engine barely sucks the fluid out (that way your engine will not hydrolock). basically the visegrips act a a check-valve!!!!

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

Ok I'll just say maybe i'm a dunce and its much more apparent to you all which is the vacuum line than it is to me. someone please just take a pic and post it. I already bought and used close to half of my can of seafoam. I'm just waiting to figure out which hose\ line to sip it in through.
    1998 c280 (WHITE)
    Kenwood Excelon KDC- X579 Head
    KAC iP500 Ipod Interface
    2 Kenwood KCF-w3012 1500Watt 12\" Subs
    Sony GTR2002 1200 Watt Amp
    More Mods To Come