Thread: Underbody LED Kits

Underbody LED Kits

I was considering getting a LED underbody kit, and i wasn't really sure how to wire it, or what i would need. What i want to do is Have it turn on when i unlock and lock the doors, and have it turn on when ever i want. Having it turn on when ever is the easy part. Anyone have any ideas?
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

please dont get one... i saw this black guy who had it on his car with some ugly chrome rims. he looked unbelievably retarded.

well as far as having it flash when you lock or unlock the doors is what you will need is something to trigger two relays ( lock and unlock) since your door locks are a type E locking system they require a negetive pulse to activate the locks ...you proubly can use the out puts of the locks to activate the relays to send a positve pulse to your l.e.d.s but not sure if it would cause any problems to the locks them self... the relays will also isolate them from the l.e.d.s ..do you have a after market alarm or would you be using the factory security?
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

kyo - I don't want them on all the time, cops out here are stupied and they want to pull you over for anything. I just want them to luminate when i lock and unlock the door......main reason for it.....FUC*ING SNAKES, AND OTHER F'ING CREATURES OF THE UNKNOWN end up being under my car, I was grown and rasied in the city of ny......so when i racoon pops out underneath my car, there will be a nice big dent on my roof because of me.....now i don't want a nice big dent on my roof lol.

Logic - I have the stock factory, i would have already installed it by now if it was aftermarket lol. What type of relay would i need? would there have to a be a timer wired in also? i would just slap on a standard relay to the inner dome lights. so that when the doors open they pop on,

Are you referring to the Brabus style spot lights? Cuz if you are, DO IT! It looks soo sweet.
    *97 C280
    *Lorinser
    *REMUS

lmao yes.....but im not really diggin the spots......i want a nice glow......and really to scare and see anything under my car lmao

a flashlight-keychain is your solution!

cru in all honesty neon lighting or growing was out when i was young LOL its kinda outdated and illegal in most states..
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

lmfao but i don't want it on while im drivinggggggggggggg

I just want it to turn off and on when i lock and unlock my doors

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONES TURNING 62 YEARS OLD TOMMAROW!!!!!

I WONDER WHO COULD IT BE!!!

Its retarded! I can barely even accept the Brabus ones.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

LMFAO U GuYS ARE SUCH MODDDD KilLLLLLLLERS goDDDDDDD.

i guess the cheapest way to go is......a flash light and a bb gun

cru is your mom having a birthday tomarrow ? LOL ill be 41 and if any one wants to send me gifts i can leave me address hint hint.... as for hooking it up to your dome light wouldn't you have to open the door???????????????? in that case lights or no lights you are already in the car , just run over what under that car LOL ...since you want lights under your car buy a basic keyless entry or even a alarm ..them you can add all those things via outputs of the alarm... i almost put a alarm in my car but my keyless /sercurity does most of what after markets do... i even added a DEI shock senor to it to give me shock . if remote start was possible i would have added a aftermarket but since there in no solution for my key yet what i have is all right ...
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

no because i've pressed the unlock button before and it worked like that, and then it dims out. So i really need to know is which relay or wire activates that feature.

Dam 61 years old, that must suck soo bad.....won't be for another 30 years before i get to that age, How do you not break a hip when you do a amp kit. lol jp......

i guess you can catch a dome light for that.... i forgot about that...just use your dome light as the trigger ...from directechs its telling me the lights come on with with unlock...so i m assuming the trigger might be a ground ...in that case you would use 85 from the dome light, 86 would be 12 volts (fused) ,87 12 volts, and 30 goes to the positive side of the l.e.d.s. you can loop 86 and 87 together.... so as long as the dome lights are on you have the lights ..the relay might make noise since the voltage goes down when the power decreases... as for your addition there would'nt 30 years make you 50??? lol
    as for my skills ill be installing till i m 90 LOL
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

lmaoooo ohhhh shush, YES thats all i need a fu*king buzzin noise coming from my car, i already get feed back from my EL gauges threw my stearo, im not to sure how to filter it, cause i don't think a ground looop isolator would help much.

solution: lower your car...if you do it right not even a snake will be able to get under there.
    1997 C280
    1999 C43

the buzzing noise will only be when the lights are dimming but will stop when they are off...i m assumming it might ..as far as engine whine threw your system from the gauges...try running the ground from your deck to the area you grounded your amps this way the deck is showing the same ground potential...usually a 16 guage is enough...if its still there you can also get your constant from your amp too ...by doing this your not using the power that the factory supplies which ties into the fuse box where the whine might be coming from ...if its still there you might wanna check to see if your rca's are running next to the battery cable that is running up front ..since your battery is in the rear the power cable can induce it there too....try running a different rca out side the car too see if it stops...does the noise get louder when the lights are on? is the noise there when the deck is off and the car is running?
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

I wouldn't be too sure,
    snakes are very sneaky.

Originally posted by ludachris
    solution: lower your car...if you do it right not even a snake will be able to get under there.

lmfao, the car is already lowerd, and i don't have 2 grand to slam it either. unlessss i put a class 4 laser to cut everything into pieces under the car? thats not a bad idea... lmfao:bandit: but seriously you guys don't live in the booneys....1st time a moved here a fu*king owl swoooped down and tried to eat me!!!! Maybe cause im tall and skinny he might of thought i was a poll, who knows *shurgs* The gaugaes only give out so much feed back is because of how it gets powered up. I think i just F'd up and wired it to the luminator on the radio thats causing it...stupied me!

you make fun cause i m just a little older but hey at least i know how to wire things LOL
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

lmao i just make fun of u for shits and giggles, cause your the only one im close to on here, no homo.......u have a wife i have a gf, don't go changin on me now lol

you said that like you wasn't sure LOL your scaring me now LOL
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

IM VERY SECURE AND SURE ABOUT ME BEING STRAIGHT........THANK YOU VERY MUCH

LOL straight like that pole that that owl attacked right? LOL by the way the gauge cluster that you have was it a universal one you put on?
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

yes its universal but i haven't found a one 2 match our interior. There black, what you have to do is place it to the pillar, mark off where you want it, pull the pillar off, and then put it back on, then take a marker and outline it were excess. then cut it, paint it, and then screw it on to your pillar and bam