Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new RIMS arrived

Originally posted by notty800
    Hello guys,

I am about to buy the tires now. I am down to 2 brands.

Toyo T1Rs 19/225/35 front and 19/255/30 rear

OR

Falken 452s 19/225/35 front and 19/245/35 rear

Please comment on the best tire wear and grip on both dry and wet conditions.

Get the Toyo T1R, better looking (rounded sidewall) & it handles well.

Originally posted by 515
    Get the Toyo T1R, better looking (rounded sidewall) & it handles well.
    maybe, but nothing grips like kuhmo MX in the dry, it really is in a whole 'nother catagory (just like tirerack put them in).

but how does Falken 452 compare with ToyoT1r? aesthetic and performancewise?

Those are some sick wheels. Wow is the only thing that comes to mind. I too want to see pictures of your car after they go on.

I GOT THEM ON!

FINALLY I GOT THEM ON!!!

ToyoT1Rs 225/35/19 in the Front and ToyoT1Rs 255/30/19 rear. I need to put tire shine on it to show its beauty some more! I love how they grip on the road though. But I got to watch those potholes now.

Any comments? Do I really need to lower it still?

THEN...

AND NOW!!!

Looks great! And yes...you still need to lower it! LOL.

Re: I GOT THEM ON!

FINALLY I GOT THEM ON!!!

Any comments? Do I really need to lower it still?

it all depends on what you like...how low do you wanna go? for me, i think euro spec spring would be perfect
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

what are euro spec springs?

what are euro spec springs?
    look at my gallery
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

deff need to loer it. But most 5 spokes look good.

looks nice, if you have high enough spring pads stock (like #4 or #5) you can probably just drop your car using #1 pads alone. Its very close to a perfect stance. you don't want to go too low b/c they will probably rub w/ 19s.

Omeyhomey,

you mean I can lower without getting Eibach or H&Rs?how do I do that with the pads? I am not familiar with pads...

where to buy it and how it works to lower the car. You are right I do not want to lower it too much and would like to get as close as possible to stock ride comfort

Omeyhomey,

you mean I can lower without getting Eibach or H&Rs?how do I do that with the pads? I am not familiar with pads...

where to buy it and how it works to lower the car. You are right I do not want to lower it too much and would like to get as close as possible to stock ride comfort
    Finally u use toyo T1R there are the best. love them.

pads can be bought at Merc dealer.
    Use Eibach on #1 pads, drop just nice.
    or even lower stance with the Eibach Sport Line on #1pads. tyre will be tuck in to the fender.

got more cash get some Airsus
    Low & high with a touch of button

Omeyhomey,

I am saying you may not even need springs honestly. Check to see what our springs pads are. do a search, its a numered system #1-#5, If your pads are high enough (say #4 or #5 stock). You can drop your car .5 inch just by going to a #1. that will keep stock ride quality and lower the car with no sacrifice. The pads are cheap and can be found at dealer.

what are the pads for anyways? My car seems to be lower at the rear so I plan to just lower the front a bit to close the wheelwell gap

Can I do this by putting #1 pads in front and leaving rear stock?

what are the pads for anyways? My car seems to be lower at the rear so I plan to just lower the front a bit to close the wheelwell gap

Can I do this by putting #1 pads in front and leaving rear stock?
    the rear always looks lower due to the difference in wheel arches. the front is larger, and clears the tire, otherwise you'd have rubbing issues at stock height, or fender damage if lowered when turning.

if you're running a sound system in the trunk made of MDF board, you could run #1 pads in the front and #3s to balance it out. otherwise id just run #1 or #2 all around.