Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check my new AMG brakes...

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    Works fine...

thanks

_n.

i'm curious, how does these 4-pot feel on the 202's?

does it eliminate stepping hard to get the brakes on, or does it allow you to feather the brake and the brakes will kick in immediately?
    1995 W202 C220 | 50,xxxkm | From Burgundy Red, to 650 Calcite White | H&R Cup Kit | 18" 8.5 & 9.5 Work Varianza T1S, 18" 8.5 & 10 AMG Monoblock | Falken 452 | Avantgarde Grill | Philips Diamond Vision 5000K H1 & H3 | Goodridge SS lines | R1 Drilled & Slotted Rotors | K&N 57i CAI | Remus Exhaust

can you gives us part numbers for these brakes and everything needed for this....thanks i m thinking of adding these to my car.
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

Nokia posted all of the part numbers some years ago. Search.

i know this trend is old but i searched the parts and found them ... my question is and i know i sound stupid but can i get a exact part number with how many i need for the both sides and also i hear the brake cables are longer.. can i get a part number for this.... so from what i read there direct bolt on but the left one gets put on the right and visa versa?
    to make it clear for me can i have a list be done for me so i m not confussed from all the thrends i have read. i really appreicate it.
    last but not least since i m not really not mechanical myself will mercedes do this knowing they go on the opposite side?
    p. s. will the lugs i currently use on my after market wheels be the same on the newer disc meaning i use the same for these ?
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

they literally bolt right on so as far as a list goes:

one front caliper (L)
    one front caliper (R)
    one front rotor (L)
    one front rotor (R)
    two sets of front pads
    a pair of pad wear sensors (i put them on the inside pad where my stock ones usually went, but i don't think it really matters)

the people who needed longer lines had them custom made because they were worried about the caliper orientation (i.e they ran the left caliper on the right side and vice versa), however I have run these brakes on my car for a few years now with the "incorrect" orientation and nothing has gone wrong (as has brandon aka OCKlasse), i've had even pad wear, and they sure as hell work better than the stockies. As far as your other questions, nothing else changes (with the exception of clearance b/w the caliper and your wheel, but its just because its a much larger caliper, the offset of the whole assembly remains the same as stock). So just search for the old thread with all the PNs listed and find the ones for the items listed above, u should be good to go.

Originally posted by crazy00c230k
    they literally bolt right on so as far as a list goes:

one front caliper (L)
    one front caliper (R)
    one front rotor (L)
    one front rotor (R)
    two sets of front pads
    a pair of pad wear sensors (i put them on the inside pad where my stock ones usually went, but i don't think it really matters)

the people who needed longer lines had them custom made because they were worried about the caliper orientation (i.e they ran the left caliper on the right side and vice versa), however I have run these brakes on my car for a few years now with the "incorrect" orientation and nothing has gone wrong (as has brandon aka OCKlasse), i've had even pad wear, and they sure as hell work better than the stockies. As far as your other questions, nothing else changes (with the exception of clearance b/w the caliper and your wheel, but its just because its a much larger caliper, the offset of the whole assembly remains the same as stock). So just search for the old thread with all the PNs listed and find the ones for the items listed above, u should be good to go.
    I love mine. I am getting a crazy amount of use on them with very little wear! Over ~26,000 miles and only the most minuscule lip on my rotors