Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horn fuse and/or relay location

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    lmfao u still haven't got this fixed.....MB said if its not the fuse, its the fuse box
    look at the original poster dude!

I am asking my own question because I don't want to create another thread to save space...

Lets dig a little deeper

So im having some trouble with my horn too and my srs light iss on. I went through this post and at first it seemed to be the relay. So i forked over the 40 bucks put it in and still nothing. I know the actual horn is good because i tested it and the fuse is good, relay is brand new. So it looks to me like its the srs/clockspring coil located behind the steering wheel. Has anyone taken the steering wheel off, do i need a puller? Also where do you guys go for part on the web? Any help is appricated.

search...there was a HOW TO, the best way to tell if your contacts are f'd is to put your ear to the relay box, and have somene press the horn....if you don't hear a click.....then its either your steering wheel contact, or a wiring issue. The best person to ask what wire goes to where is logic, be he's super lazy...took 2 months just for him to cash a check
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    search...there was a HOW TO, the best way to tell if your contacts are f'd is to put your ear to the relay box, and have somene press the horn....if you don't hear a click.....then its either your steering wheel contact, or a wiring issue. The best person to ask what wire goes to where is logic, be he's super lazy...took 2 months just for him to cash a check
    if i recall some one forgot to send the check and sent it late . dude it was only three bucks maybe you should have sent like a 100 then i would have deposited faster
    you said you bought some wheels did you ever put them on? where is the pictures ? if not mine are still for sale hehehe i been really lazy to post them other then craigs list so i guess thats my fault. oh well
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

i'm not taking pictures till ray sends me my center cap....he disappared again
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

Hey what about my clockspring/horn? Help a brother out.

I replaced the clock spring, horn works fine. Just need to clear the srs code. Does anyone need a horn relay i got a brand new one for sale.

Just an FYI for those of you with C43's - your horn fuse is #40. I just found that out today